Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < Banned/Frozen Pokemon
Banned/Frozen Pokemon
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Banned/Frozen Pokemon
April 06, 2017 9:05:26pm
[-]
Banned/Frozen Pokemon
rdk's recent contest made me realize how bad the economy really is. In chat shortly after the contest ended somebody said "the rich are getting richer" with that contest, and in response I said "So true [person]. Big Mac won pokemon literally worth more than all the training he has done." (l. dialga + 2 l.ray, depending on your rates this may not be true). He is by far the best active trainer in the game, and really one of the only people that train trillions on a daily basis anymore, so this seems kind of crazy to me. Part of that naturally comes from the cubic growth in the game and however exp gain/battle works, along with the complexity of pokemon value and training rates in the economy, but those are far from the only problems with the game.

I believe inactive (banned + frozen also) accounts with rare pokemon are what is causing most these problems. Hoarders aside, there are many pokemon whose availability in the game is mainly restricted by the fact that the people that own them are inactive, frozen, or banned. Take cyprum for example, who owns 1/36 Goldengiratina, 2/19 GoldenKyurem, 3/6 GoldenMoltres(my favorite pokemon on the site). Going off the rate list, which I won't say is accurate, those pokemon alone are worth 2.9m coins, and he has many more pokemon than that, which are still significant even if most of them are less valuable. Cyprum isn't the only frozen account with rare pokemon like this, there are many more accounts with a lot of pokemon that total millions in value, and them not being active in the game makes some people effectively unobtainable, no matter what people do. This has slowly drained the economy of valuable pokemon as more accounts get frozen, become inactive, or whatever else, to the point where people stop trying because they will never be able to get pokemon they want, even when there may be a fairly "reasonable" amount in game (G.cress comes to mind, mainly because I like it, but I guess it's not the best example for this).

The solution I would suggest to this is, obviously, make these rare pokemon, and even less valuable/more common, obtainable again. My personal thoughts would be to do it like the clan rewards system, just more complex. Rare pokemon could be made purchasable with battles won/mews killed(mews killed so people don't just do the quickest battles and not really play the game), like how you can get 10 coins from clan rewards every so many battles (it's 25 I think, max of 400k clan contribution per battle?). Pokemon could be purchasable for total exp trained, coins, points, real $, ribbons, berries, referrals, etc. Also just finding staff/other members that would capable of holding contests or even just raffles for some pokemon too. A lot of these methods may not help newer players as much, but fainting mews is only time/toxic dependent so would be fair for everybody. This would both add pokemon back into the economy and at the same time give people a reason to play the game to get those pokemon again, which would most likely make the game more active again. There would obviously need to be more thought put into my system, or just something completely different, but I think it this could at least be a solid starting point.

If anyone really wants me to I could try and make a spreadsheet or something for examples of how I think this could work in more detail and with actual values. I’d also love to hear what other people think, since most of you are more experienced with the game than me. I’d especially like to hear what staff think about the actual viability of this, since it is basically just raiding old/frozen/banned/inactive accounts that aren’t used, which there are obvious problems with. I know contests and sometimes doing this with a few pokemon/accounts has been done in the past, but I feel that at this point it isn’t doing enough to help the game anymore.

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
April 06, 2017 10:39:34pm
[-]
So, what your saying is, you want the Coloured Pokemon from banned accounts released back into the economy?

[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
April 06, 2017 10:59:54pm
[-]
Yes, that's basically what I am saying.
Thank this message
April 07, 2017 2:10:54am
[-]
I've seen threads like this many times. It's a good idea to recycle the rare pokemons in banned/frozen accounts.

In chat shortly after the contest ended somebody said "the rich are getting richer"

This statement is 100% true. That's what happens when someone holds a contest for the rare pokes.

One more thing, You suggested to get the rare pokes as reward for training or killing mews.
It's a good idea. But most of the people here doesn't train at all.

Tbh, it would be better to contest off those rare pokes in such a way that everyone gets something. It seems fair for everyone! Just a thought tho

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
April 07, 2017 2:56:22am
[-]
April 07, 2017 2:10:54amEliteBOY Wrote:  I've seen threads like this many times. It's a good idea to recycle the rare pokemons in banned/frozen accounts.

One more thing, You suggested to get the rare pokes as reward for training or killing mews.
It's a good idea. But most of the people here doesn't train at all.

Tbh, it would be better to contest off those rare pokes in such a way that everyone gets something. It seems fair for everyone! Just a thought tho

I suggested training or killing mews since that could act as an incentive for people to start training more, since there are really only a few people who have done a fairly large amount of training and kept training over the long term recently.

I would definitely like to see a contest/raffle where everyone could get some rare Pokemon, sort of like Tanmay's contests on steroids. My only problem is that I feel like this would have worked better if it didn't take until creed dying for it to really happen, since staff have done contests before, but it has slowly tapered off as staff have become less active. Though my suggestion of implementing training rewards is more difficult, so a few good contests a year or something really does seem to be much better.
Thank this message
April 07, 2017 5:42:27am
[-]
Yeah, hope we could see something like this soon!

Well, it's all up to Da Man! Hope he reads this thread :p

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
April 07, 2017 6:31:51am
[-]
What youbare suggesting is actually one of the best solutions but the problem is,who decides what stuff is given to whom and there might be a tiny little chance that the person might just get back on creed,just a tiny little one.
Imo it's the best way but don't you think that the rich will get stuff too?
That would only mean the rich getting wealthy and the poor getting considerably less wealthy. It's better to be the way it is, unless Da Man decides to do something like this,or even small updates from his side would be enough for the betterment of the game.

Thank this message
April 07, 2017 8:19:18am
[-]
How about a site reset? I feel bad for even suggesting this, because all my hard work will even go to waste.

Thank this message
April 07, 2017 12:11:46pm
[-]
Not just yours lol
Everyone's hard work would just go waste.

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
April 07, 2017 3:37:46pm
[-]
Rip no o.o
That would suck :o

Thank this message
April 07, 2017 8:18:12pm
[-]
April 07, 2017 6:31:51amtanmay541091 Wrote:  What youbare suggesting is actually one of the best solutions but the problem is,who decides what stuff is given to whom and there might be a tiny little chance that the person might just get back on creed,just a tiny little one.

I understand the problem with that so that is why I called this thread just "Banned/Frozen Pokemon" since those people won't ever be playing again, except for maybe some frozen people but I don't really know how that works. If this or something like it was implemented without taking pokemon from people who haven't played in years that would be completely reasonable, because of stuff like this.
April 07, 2017 6:31:51amtanmay541091 Wrote:  

Imo it's the best way but don't you think that the rich will get stuff too?
That would only mean the rich getting wealthy and the poor getting considerably less wealthy. It's better to be the way it is, unless Da Man decides to do something like this,or even small updates from his side would be enough for the betterment of the game.

The rich would definitely get richer from this, but since pokemon would be taken from banned/frozen accounts it wouldn't hurt poor players at all, or only by comparison to rich players. I personally think that eb's idea for a contest run by a staff/you and possibly structured like your contests would be a great way to do this, even if it does mean the rich get richer, because that can't be avoided in a free market/capitalist economy. Really the only way to keep the rich from getting richer is a site reset, which would suck since training wouldn't be cheap anymore.
Thank this message
April 07, 2017 8:33:09pm
[-]
1. this idea have been suggested (or something really similar) to death.
2. the whole training idea for a prize is bad idea, because people will used some type of marco system to cheat just to get the rare pokemon. The only way I see this to work, if it was the one there are lot of in the game that are banned like the common Cursed/Shadow (and some of the rainbow/Luminous). The semi-super rare ones should only be given away only though contest.
3. the problem when raiding un-active account, some of the player(s), come back after a long break, and if they see their stuffs gone, they will not be happy about, and complained that we dont have no right to take their stuffs, so it will best not to touch those.
4. if this site ever did a total reset, they will lose more of the members that they got now and only have a few left, and I knew I said this in the past, but where will the cycle end, if the site re-set it now, somewhere down the line, you guys will want another reset when things doesn't look good again, and the cycle will repeats itself. Best to keep the site the way is now and just updated with more features then reset the game completely.

personally if we was going to takes stuffs out of Banned/Frozen accounts, they should be contest off , so everyone have a fair shot of getting them instead of the ones that alot of time on their hand to trains compared to the ones that doesn't (like the ones that work, going to school or other responsibly that forces them to have less time on Creed.

so until the Admins have time to actually goes though banned account, there not much more can be done. Sorry.

Made by: Levi Rivalle
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images]
^^^Sig made by Harmony.|GlitterShinx was make by DarkVortex
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
^^^ Made by me.
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
^^^Userbar and Cloud Shinx/Luxio/LuxrayMade by MaD_Roby
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images]
Thank this message
April 07, 2017 8:35:16pm
[-]
This issue has been brought up before, and there was a discussion about what could be done with all the Pokemon that are currently being held by Banned/Frozen accounts. Based off of that discussion, it seems that it is quite debatable as to whether we are actually able to retrieve those Pokemon, as there is always a small chance that these accounts may be unbanned if Da Man decides to do so, and it would be unfair for someone who had been wrongly banned to come back and find that all the rare stuff that they had worked for is now actually quite common among the community.

I think some consideration could be taken into this point
Thanks for reading :)
Thank this message
April 08, 2017 1:36:01am
[-]
Fingers crossed,I hope that it happens soon grim reaper 0_0

Thank this message
April 08, 2017 8:17:02pm
[-]
Accounts like FeaR, iRazzelStorage and many others wont be unbanned, because they hacked etc.

Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,177 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]