Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Teddiursa's Tech Lab < My computer is totally destroyed
My computer is totally destroyed
Favorite Thread Post Reply
March 30, 2013 4:46:58am
[-]
Anyway I got a computer for my 4th birthday 4 years ago then 1 year ago I got some virus in it that was fixed later I continued playing random games the 8 months ago a weird thing happened it downgraded from a Windows 7 outline to a windows 2000 outline then 2 weeks later a crash happens and I asked my dad to fix it he couldn't the crash was so severe I couldn't turn it on. Later I player RPGs on my ipad and I've been doing that since then.

Now here's the big deal can someone tell me how to fix it

I'm the Pokemonmask Don't mess with me

Favorite pokes

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
March 30, 2013 4:51:11am
[-]
I doubt anyone here can diagnose it perfectly, but there are cheap computer repairmen on Craigslist that usually will diagnose your computer for free, and fix it much cheaper than a brand-name service like Geek Squad. You can also buy decent used laptops on Craigslist for like $200-250 if the issue is too serious to fix.
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 4:55:42am
[-]
March 30, 2013 12:51:11amCossette Wrote:  I doubt anyone here can diagnose it perfectly, but there are cheap computer repairmen on Craigslist that usually will diagnose your computer for free, and fix it much cheaper than a brand-name service like Geek Squad. You can also buy decent used laptops on Craigslist for like $200-250 if the issue is too serious to fix.

Yeah I always do the light crash way where you take the battery out and take the flash-drive out and put a non crashed flash-drive and battery in it

Favorite pokes

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 7:44:04am
[-]
Can it be turned on again, mask?

Livet pa en pinne...
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 10:32:34am
[-]
Falcon no

Favorite pokes

Thank this message
March 30, 2013 11:19:42am
[-]
You got a computer for your 4th birthday? Lucky. Well, I can't help you there.

Hey! It's been a while! I kinda miss this place... It's been about five years since I joined.
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 12:48:54pm
[-]
March 30, 2013 7:19:42amSean77 Wrote:  You got a computer for your 4th birthday? Lucky. Well, I can't help you there.

It was a top notch computer 4 years ago and it upgraded itself

Favorite pokes

Thank this message
March 30, 2013 1:54:35pm
[-]
mask, i can tell you that if it doesn't even turn on it's a dead motherboard/power supply or the switch might have broken on the inside. Switches cost about a dollar on ebay. Try this first and if it doesn't turn on, it's your motherboard/power supply. Depending on what type of processor/memory it uses, assuming ddr2 memory and intel dual cores/core duos since you said it was top notch 4 years ago. Those run about 30-40 dollars on ebay. If you try the switch and it doesn't work, I would try to find a used power supply that you know works. You want a power supply that's around 400w for most ddr2 motherboards. If the power supply and switch are good and it still doesn't start (I'm guessing it probably will), then replace the motherboard.

Note - I custom build computers and can find what you need exactly on ebay for you if you give me some of the specs of your pc in a message.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 3:07:20pm
[-]
March 30, 2013 9:54:35ammikehappy Wrote:  mask, i can tell you that if it doesn't even turn on it's a dead motherboard/power supply or the switch might have broken on the inside. Switches cost about a dollar on ebay. Try this first and if it doesn't turn on, it's your motherboard/power supply. Depending on what type of processor/memory it uses, assuming ddr2 memory and intel dual cores/core duos since you said it was top notch 4 years ago. Those run about 30-40 dollars on ebay. If you try the switch and it doesn't work, I would try to find a used power supply that you know works. You want a power supply that's around 400w for most ddr2 motherboards. If the power supply and switch are good and it still doesn't start (I'm guessing it probably will), then replace the motherboard.

Note - I custom build computers and can find what you need exactly on ebay for you if you give me some of the specs of your pc in a message.

Thanks !

Favorite pokes

Thank this message
March 30, 2013 6:53:51pm
[-]
So you're 8?

[you must login to view images]
[you must login to view links] My Forum!
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
[you must login to view links] <Tman's awesome site~
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 8:25:29pm
[-]
Yes I'm 8 and ryuzaki09 is .......(I shall not tell)

Favorite pokes

Thank this message
April 01, 2013 10:52:58pm
[-]
It actually doesn't sound like the virus truly went away. Your OS won't (normally) just downgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 2000 by itself. I had virus problems on my netbook, but I always knew how to take out a virus. Usually your Anti-virus will say "yeah, we found it, it's dead" but the virus still be alive in another location.

Then if it just shuts off, it could be a software problem, which means it could be because of the virus. It probably wrote some bad code that now prevents the computer from starting up, in which case your computer is un-fixable. But if the virus is gone and your hard drive just shorted out or something, you might just need a new hard drive. As mikehappy suggested, lots of things could have gone wrong. But anyway, good luck

Trainer level (updates every day)
L7400
Best Pokemon
Luminous Golurk
L7725

Want to know how to calculate XP?
Experience=Level^3. At L2000, you have 8b XP. If you're wondering what another 6b XP would get you, add it, then take the cube root. 14b would get Level 2410.

XP Formula: Level of enemy pokemon^1.7

[you must login to view links]
My training: 15 coins per billion XP
Thank this message
April 03, 2013 3:25:03am
[-]
This message is hidden because this person has been banned.

This person's signature has been hidden because this person has been banned.
Thank this message
April 03, 2013 6:02:55pm
[-]
A dead battery doesn't cause a computer to stop starting up. It only help store bios data while the computer has no power. There should be no issues in taking the battery out and running the comp and even if there is, it would start and tell you to put the battery in or that your cmos reset. Your bios will just reset every time you power down and power up the computer if it does get past the first screen without a battery. A virus can't really harm your motherboard since the only type of storage is the bios chip and each one is made so differently that you would have to write a virus for each new motherboard. The chances of it being a virus related to bios are so low that I'm going to outright say it's not that and even if it was, the computer would still turn on, it just wouldn't get anywhere. Again, you're left with switch/power supply/motherboard.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]