Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Mudkip's Movies < Your Favorite Opening of a Show or Movie?
Your Favorite Opening of a Show or Movie?
Favorite Thread Post Reply
April 21, 2013 3:34:14am
[-]
What is your favorite opening of a show you watch or a movie you've seen?

An early birthday gift from adamwilson! :3
[you must login to view images]

[you must login to view images] made by theman1357
Made by Mother Espeon (thank you :3)

made by blackheartwarrior :)

Made be complanboy :)

[you must login to view images]Made by kyogy :)
[you must login to view images] made by Moderator mark :)
made by kyogy :)
[img]http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y384/spensiee/my%20best%20sprites/zorua_2_zpsb68122a2.png[/img
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
April 21, 2013 4:54:33am
[-]
My favorite is adventure time because of the singng in the beginning. :D But i like the opening sounds of regular show, Its all mystified and mysterious :3

Thank this message
April 21, 2013 4:57:00am
[-]
The opening for Bleach, "change" :3

Thank this message
April 21, 2013 4:58:26am
[-]
Mine is from the anime Fairy Tail 14th Opening song.
Also, One Piece Opening song We fight together.

Thank this message
April 21, 2013 7:41:27am
[-]
I would say, the 1st opening song of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. and also the one from Angel Beats.
Thank this message
April 21, 2013 7:59:35am
[-]
Gotta go with kyogy. ChAnGe from bleach if i got 2nd choice full metal alchemist theme song 2

Honestly, reputationn shows nothing for a player. You could have high reputation and be themost mean spririted person on creed or the otheer way around.
Thank this message
April 21, 2013 8:15:12am
[-]
Adventure Time :D
Thank this message
April 21, 2013 4:06:18pm
[-]
Mine is Merlin!

Bound every limb by me shackles of fear
sealed with lies through so many tears
lost from within pursuing the end
I to be lied to again
Thank this message
April 21, 2013 4:30:33pm
[-]
My favourite's the opening of Pokemon Johto League Champions - Born To Be A Winner.

Thank this message
April 22, 2013 10:37:03am
[-]
my faforite opening is the entry of the first transformers on earth in the frst movie.
it still gives me goosse bumbs :D

Click below to take a wish!
Thank this message
April 22, 2013 1:37:31pm
[-]
Adventure Time is one of my favorites. I grew up with the first season of Pokemon, though. So I think my absolute favorite would have to be the opening song for the Indigo League. "I wanna be the very best..." :D It never gets old!!

Thank this message
April 22, 2013 5:08:50pm
[-]
My favorite opening song would be "change" from bleach and the song from slamdunk but I don't know the title of it.

[URL=[you must login to view links]]
Thank this message
April 22, 2013 10:52:37pm
[-]
Guess?
♪Let us keep going...
walking arm in arm...
While counting the disappearing dreams...
Exhausted, I finally found my friends...♪
You Got it!
Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0!
:3 And the one they play on NickToons.
"You're Move!" :3 I think that's what they call it.

[you must login to view links] My Forum!
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
[you must login to view links] <Tman's awesome site~
Thank this message
April 24, 2013 8:43:46am
[-]
Monster Rancher's opening...I loved how cheesey it is. :P Also Carnivale and Six Feet Under's openings are great.

Click below to take a wish!
Thank this message
April 29, 2013 5:24:03pm
[-]
Since life started on Earth, the energy provided by the Sun has increased by 25% to 30%;[14] however, the surface temperature of the planet has remained within the levels of habitability, reaching quite regular low and high margins. Lovelock has also hypothesised that methanogens produced elevated levels of methane in the early atmosphere, giving a view similar to that found in petrochemical smog, similar in some respects to the atmosphere on Titan.[15] This, he suggests tended to screen out ultraviolet until the formation of the ozone screen, maintaining a degree of homeostasis. However, the Snowball Earth[16] research has suggested that "oxygen shocks" and reduced methane levels led, during the Huronian, Sturtian and Marinoan/Varanger Ice Ages, to a world that very nearly became a solid "snowball". These epochs are evidence against the ability of the biosphere to fully self-regulate.

Processing of the greenhouse gas CO2, explained below, plays a critical role in the maintenance of the Earth temperature within the limits of habitability.

The CLAW hypothesis, inspired by the Gaia theory, proposes a feedback loop that operates between ocean ecosystems and the Earth's climate.[17] The hypothesis specifically proposes that particular phytoplankton that produce dimethyl sulfide are responsive to variations in climate forcing, and that these responses lead to a negative feedback loop that acts to stabilise the temperature of the Earth's atmosphere.

Currently the increase in human population and the environmental impact of their activities, such as the multiplication of greenhouse gases may cause negative feedbacks in the environment to become positive feedback. Lovelock has stated that this could bring an extremely accelerated global warming,[18] but he has since stated the effects will likely occur more slowly.[19]
Daisyworld simulations
Plots from a standard black & white DaisyWorld simulation
Main article: Daisyworld

James Lovelock and Andrew Watson developed the mathematical model Daisyworld, that shows how temperature regulation can arise from organisms interacting with their environment. The purpose of the model is to demonstrate that feedback mechanisms can evolve from the actions or activities of self-interested organisms, rather than through classic group selection mechanisms.[20]

Daisyworld examines the energy budget of a planet populated by two different types of plants, black daisies and white daisies. The colour of the daisies influences the albedo of the planet such that black daisies absorb light and warm the planet, while white daisies reflect light and cool the planet. Competition between the daisies (based on temperature-effects on growth rates) leads to a balance of populations that tends to favour a planetary temperature close to the optimum for daisy growth.

It has been suggested that the results were predictable because Lovelock and Watson selected examples that produced the responses they desired.[21]
Processing of CO2
See also: Carbon cycle

Gaia scientists see the participation of living organisms in the carbon cycle as one of the complex processes that maintain conditions suitable for life. The only significant natural source of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) is volcanic activity, while the only significant removal is through the precipitation of carbonate rocks.[22] Carbon precipitation, solution and fixation are influenced by the bacteria and plant roots in soils, where they improve gaseous circulation, or in coral reefs, where calcium carbonate is deposited as a solid on the sea floor. Calcium carbonate is used by living organisms to manufacture carbonaceous tests and shells. Once dead, the living organisms' shells fall to the bottom of the oceans where they generate deposits of chalk and limestone.

One of these organisms is Emiliania huxleyi, an abundant coccolithophore algae which also has a role in the formation of clouds.[23] CO2 excess is compensated by an increase of coccolithophoride life, increasing the amount of CO2 locked in the ocean floor. Coccolithophorides increase the cloud cover, hence control the surface temperature, help cool the whole planet and favor precipitations necessary for terrestrial plants. Lately the atmospheric CO2 concentration has increased and there is some evidence that concentrations of ocean algal blooms are also increasing.[24]

Lichen and other organisms accelerate the weathering of rocks in the surface, while the decomposition of rocks also happens faster in the soil, thanks to the activity of roots, fungi, bacteria and subterranean animals. The flow of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere to the soil is therefore regulated with the help of living beings. When CO2 levels rise in the atmosphere the temperature increases and plants grow. This growth brings higher consumption of CO2 by the plants, who process it into the soil, removing it from the atmosphere.
Criticism

After initially being largely ignored by most scientists, (from 1969 until 1977), thereafter for a period, the initial Gaia hypothesis was criticized by a number of scientists, such as Ford Doolittle, Richard Dawkins and Stephen Jay Gould.[25] Lovelock has said that by naming his theory after a Greek goddess, championed by many non-scientists,[26] the Gaia hypothesis was interpreted as a neo-Pagan New Age religion. Many scientists in particular also criticised the approach taken in his popular book "Gaia, a New look at Life on Earth" for being teleological; a belief that all things have a predetermined purpose. Responding to this statement in 1990, Lovelock stated "Nowhere in our writings do we express the idea that planetary self-regulation is purposeful, or involves foresight or planning by the biota".

Stephen Jay Gould criticised Gaia as merely a metaphorical description of Earth processes.[27] He wanted to know the actual mechanisms by which self-regulating homeostasis was regulated. David Abram argued that Gould was unaware that mechanism was itself only metaphorical.[28] Lovelock argues that no one mechanism is responsible, that the connections between the various known mechanisms may never be known, that this is accepted in other fields of biology and ecology as a matter of course, and that specific hostility is reserved for his own theory for other reasons.[29]

Aside from clarifying his language and understanding of what is meant by a life form, Lovelock himself ascribes most of the criticism to a lack of understanding of non-linear mathematics by his critics, and a linearizing form of greedy reductionism in which all events have to be immediately ascribed to specific causes before the fact. He also states that most of his critics are biologists but that his theory includes experiments in fields outside biology, and that some self-regulating phenomena may not be mathematically explainable.[29]

A recent (2013) critical discussion about Gaia was part of Latour's Gifford-Lecture
. Neither being a supernatural goddess or a unified organism or actor; for Latour Gaia is a secular multiplicity or assemblage and distributed agency as an open whole or on-going system that evolves out of differences and interactions between matter and energy. For understanding how to face Gaia and its historical geo-physiology, according to Latour, we need a “geo-story” as a non-human narrative fabric. Facing the Anthropocene by which the Anthropos is no longer in nature, nor outside of nature, Latour foresees the coming of an entirely new kind of political animal, a novel form of political body and political theology (composed of demos, theos, logos) in which science, politics and art play specific roles for the people of Gaia as agents of an impatient planet.
Natural selection and evolution

Lovelock has suggested that global biological feedback mechanisms could evolve by natural selection, stating that organisms that improve their environment for their survival do better than those that damage their environment. However, in 1981, W. Ford Doolittle, in the CoEvolution Quarterly article "Is Nature Motherly" argued that nothing in the genome of individual organisms could provide the feedback mechanisms proposed by Lovelock, and therefore the Gaia hypothesis proposed no plausible mechanism and was unscientific. In Richard Dawkins' 1982 book, The Extended Phenotype, he stated that for organisms to act in concert would require foresight and planning, which is contrary to the current scientific understanding of evolution. Like Doolittle, he also rejected the possibility that feedback loops could stabilize the system.

Basic criteria of the definition of a life-form include an ability to replicate and pass on genetic information to a succeeding generation, and to be affected by natural selection.[30] Dawkins stressed that the planet is not the offspring of any parents and is unable to reproduce.[23]

Lynn Margulis, a microbiologist who collaborated with Lovelock in supporting the Gaia hypothesis, argued in 1999, that "Darwin's grand vision was not wrong, only incomplete. In accentuating the direct competition between individuals for resources as the primary selection mechanism, Darwin (and especially
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]