Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Sunkern's Studying Session < Japanese help
Japanese help
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Japanese help
May 06, 2013 2:23:14pm
[-]
Japanese help
Hi! I'm currently taking up a Japanese program in my university and I was wondering if anyone could suggest tips on how to learn easier? I'm up to taking my third Japanese course already, and I honestly haven't been remembering that much. D:
Anyone here learned Japanese on their own, as well? How did you do it? ><

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
May 06, 2013 2:49:31pm
[-]
Well might not be of help but I recommend watching/listening on videos with tutorials about japan language and undubbed anime. You can learn a few words from there.:)

[URL=[you must login to view links]]
Thank this message
May 06, 2013 2:51:48pm
[-]
yeah,frosty is right,you can buy japanese cd's with subtitles so you can really understand what they are saying,hope i helped....

[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
May 06, 2013 2:54:44pm
[-]
Thanks guys. :) If you also have friends who have first-hand experience in learning Japanese, it would be great to hear from them. :) I'm currently watching a lot of Japanese-dub animes, and it helps, but when you're learning on an academic level, it's quite different. In school, the words and grammar we use are more formal than what we see in TV shows and the like. ><
But yeah, I'll try getting serious tutorials and books on it, haha! :)
Thank this message
May 06, 2013 5:57:18pm
[-]
Undubbed anime WITH English subtitles. Without that, you'll just wonder what all that Japanese gibberish actually men. You can relate the words with the corresponding English, not that down and try working on that. Tbh, if you watch a LOT of animes, you'll find out that you can pick out what they are saying without even reading the English sub. :)
Thank this message
May 07, 2013 4:05:40am
[-]
Yeah, with English subs, I meant. xD The problem with Japanese is that words mean differently depending on their context, and the use of words in animes is conversational. D: It's not what I study currently in school. :<
Thank this message
May 14, 2013 9:13:56pm
[-]
I would highly reccomend using a translation site, such as google translate or Bing Translate. Just type in what you want on the left, select the translation language, and press enter. And voila! Your text, in japanese! Hope this helps
Thank this message
May 28, 2013 8:31:32pm
[-]
Well,I've actually been to Japan before and they gave us a culture class on learning Japanese.I suggest looking for a sound in a word to remind you what it means.Say it sounds like ju,and it means juice.Say ju means 10,so all you have to do when you hear the sound,is think of 10 and juice going together.To help,you could put the number 10 on all your glasses and stuff.xD Or you could just put name tags on all the items you feel that never move in your house.Like above it'll say door,but below it will show the japanese word and pronounciation.My dad did that once,and he got a really good grade on his online test.

Click below to take a wish!

Climbing the mountain, never coming down
Break into the contents, never falling down

Thanks to Campt, Anarchy, Amy Rose and more not listed. I can't remember everyone's names, but know that I cherish what you've done for me!

Thank this message
May 29, 2013 5:39:35am
[-]
This message is hidden because this person has been banned.

This person's signature has been hidden because this person has been banned.
Thank this message
May 29, 2013 10:26:06am
[-]
supaskulled - Hahaha, I'd do that but we have oral exams too. xD
lilpikachu313 - My class started already, and my professor suggested the same thing about putting notecards on objects. :) I'll try it really soon, thank you! :)
She also told me to eavesdrop conversations in my native language and try to translate it in Japanese, haha. :)
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,178 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]