Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Sunkern's Studying Session < Pythagorean theorem
Pythagorean theorem
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Pythagorean theorem
June 25, 2013 5:57:37pm
[-]
Pythagorean theorem
The Pythagorean theorem states that a squared + b squared = c squared. so what does this mean exactly? First you have to know about right triangles. A right triangle is a triangle comprised of one 90 degrees right angle and two other angles that add up to 90 degrees, meaning that the whole triangle adds up to 180 degrees. The longest side of a right triangle is known as the hypotenuse. In the Pythagorean Theorem, you use the two sides that are not the hypotenuse (a and b), square them (multiply them by themselves, add them together and find the radical (square root of the sum). So let's try this out. If a=5 and b=2 what does c equal? Well first square a and b, so a=25 and b=4, then add them and get 29. Finally find the square root of 29 which is about 5.38516480713. This is equal to the hypotenuse. If you found this helpful/ interesting or if you have a request for what do you want me to post next about math then leave a comment. Also if you need more help and want me to post a second thread on this also leave a comment.
Extra challenge problem: a= 6*5-2, and b=3-5*4+17. c=?
If you saw the answer be honest when posting your answer and post the first answer you got.
Answer:29.4108, rounded to the nearest ten thousandth.[/size]

I like waffles
go here ----->[you must login to view links]
also go here---------------------------------------------------------------->[you must login to view links]
[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
June 27, 2013 8:08:07pm
[-]
I like trains
Thank this message
June 27, 2013 8:11:29pm
[-]
come on guys bump

I like waffles
also go here---------------------------------------------------------------->[you must login to view links]
Thank this message
July 15, 2013 4:51:19pm
[-]
Bumpie bump

I like waffles
Thank this message
July 17, 2013 12:27:10pm
[-]
The Pythagorean theorem really is helpful, I though it can only be used in trigonometry, but was kind of surprised that we still used it in geometry and calculus... so, thanks for sharing your knowledge about it...
Thank this message
August 14, 2013 12:42:13am
[-]
there is a really useful trick you can use for the Pythagorean theorem. If A is a multiple of three, B a multiple of four, than the hypotenuse (C) must be the corresponding multiple of five

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/doridodrio/pikachuuserbar_zpsea2451ae.png
Thanks to all who made stuff for me.
I love trading. Send lots of trades!
Thank this message
August 23, 2013 10:33:02pm
[-]
The pythagorean theorem can only be used in right triangle cases. if there is a right triangle, then it can be used. If not, then it cannot
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,177 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]