Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Oddish's Off-Topic < RP Popularity
RP Popularity
Favorite Thread Post Reply
RP Popularity
May 12, 2014 12:56:17am
[-]
RP Popularity
In my two years of roleplaying, I've noticed that there aren't many people out there who roleplay. What I want to know is why.

I strive for more active RPing around the forums. No, I don't mean give up your 30K Golurks to post on "a bunch of ridiculous nothing" as you might call it. I don't mean I expect a single RP thread to have 100+ different posters, I just want a reason why people don't at least give RPing a try.
There are a multitude of topics to choose from, and also remember that you always have the freedom to start one.
My challenge to you: Try RPing for at least a day or two, and if you can look into the deepest crevices of your heart and soul and say you hate RPing with a burning passion, I understand. RPing isn't for everyone, so I know somewhere, someone's gonna quit on RPing before they start.
So be it if you are going to start hating me for being "n00b RPer trash."
So be it if you start kicking dust in my face for trying to pull you away from your "100T Trainer XP and counting."
I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.
I'm just challenging you to step out of your comfort zone.

~RR

[you must login to view images]

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
May 12, 2014 1:50:48am
[-]
Also, I might add, RPing is a good way to make some friends. Make or join an RP that sounds interesting to you (keep in mind to keep it appropriate according to Creed rules!). Eventually, you may find yourself with others who share your interests, likes, dislikes, etc and you'll become friends. Still don't get it? Okay, for example, let's say you make a Yugioh RP or something like that. Most likely other Yugioh fans (who are interested in RPing, anyways) will join that RP, and perhaps since you both share that same interest, you'll become friends.
Again, like Ryu was saying, I'm not forcing you to come on to make friends or to give stuff up. IT's supposed to be fun, not a waste of time.

[you must login to view links] <---Best contest answer ever!
[you must login to view links] <---
[you must login to view links] <--- Dre iz big fan.
^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
^Shard. :3
^Made dat. :3
^I made that, too . :3
Thank this message
May 12, 2014 9:01:52pm
[-]
Roleplaying also helps you in grammar and spelling skills, perhaps even reading. Sometimes, it helps you get out of your nonstop super training, which I think causes stress (It does for me) and I go to the roleplay forums.

Really, I think it's fun, and you can be creative and fun.

Also- Canon Rules XD

[you must login to view links] My Forum!
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
[you must login to view links] <Tman's awesome site~
Thank this message
May 13, 2014 8:30:05pm
[-]
Bombardment of bumps

[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
May 15, 2014 8:44:01pm (This post was last modified: July 31, 2014 12:13:01am by RyuRan447.)
[-]
RP Popularity
Edited Out
Reason: This post wasn't the truth, I raged while I was writing

Thank this message
May 21, 2014 9:20:36pm
[-]
I'm going to keep bumping this thread regardless.

Thank this message
May 22, 2014 3:41:48am
[-]
Well. If you want opinions. Then ill post my opinions :)
I think that people are scared or feel threatened to be judged by a community of players.
Yes i do admit that role playing helps get to know one another, but there are also many players who have grown into a very thick bubble :P
So, i think it will just take some time for those people to get into a really suitable topic for them.
But me personally, ill try rping when im out of school. :)

Thank this message
May 22, 2014 8:34:42am
[-]
I tried stepped into the roleplaying world. However I found that I cant do well in roleplaying. I'm not sure why but it seem very confuse to me.

Pokemoncreed's King/Queen

Jacktheking

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]

I learn my rules from not learning the rules.

Thank this message
May 22, 2014 11:17:39am
[-]
It's quite easy, but you must pay attention to it. Sometimes *BLUE!!!!* Eheh, sorry.

We just hope for more roleplayers because most of ours have quit- plus, you can tryyy... to unlock a new user bar- Riggght???

Thank this message
May 23, 2014 12:11:40am
[-]
James - Glad to hear that.
Jack - I can teach you if you so wish.

Thank this message
May 23, 2014 9:02:39am
[-]
This is correct, most people that don't roleplay is because they are afraid to get judged like what if they get a big fat F in language arts but it can be used as a good way to relieve stress and if your angry let it out through roleplaying and it can make friends even if you don't know them in person for example, me and Ness no idea who we were to eachother at first but now were BFFAE (translation Best Friends For All Eternity.) But I think anyone that sees roleplaying and is thinking about trying but doesn't want to be judged or corrected in grammar in spelling the professional roleplayers need to help support new roleplayers and show them the ropes so they can achieve roleplaying like a pro.
Thank this message
May 23, 2014 11:08:00pm
[-]
I don't roleplay because I have no creativity.
idk about others though.

Forums in general is dead, even more so than Chat. Only 30 posts in 24 hours.
[you must login to view links]

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
GET RAVIN', NERDS

Thank this message
May 28, 2014 9:40:13pm
[-]
We can revive this site! It just takes some effort!

Thank this message
June 09, 2014 12:51:41pm
[-]
Anyone else?

Thank this message
June 11, 2014 1:37:17am
[-]
Well, if you want to look at it from an academic angle, you could say that RPing improves your writing skills. In my opinion, RPing is fun and creative.

Thanks Queenx^

I'm a beginner roleplayer, and I have to say, it's fun!:) Feel free to leave me a tip or two about roleplaying.
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,171 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]