Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Oddish's Off-Topic < Rants of A Teenaged Autistic Fangirl
Rants of A Teenaged Autistic Fangirl
Favorite Thread Post Reply
August 01, 2015 5:06:01am
[-]
(Super Saiyans came first! Sonic's too slow XD But hey, I'm just... Saiyan....)
Okay yeah R34s are just disgusting, and are freaking everywhere. ._. Plus, wait, "All Hedgehogs in the Sonic Franchise are Recolours!" They're clearly not XD That's like saying 'Buttnik is a recolour of Wario.

Prepare for the makeover!

GLITTER FORCE MAKEOVER!!!

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

A force as strong as life itself! I'm Glitter Spring!

Okay now that THAT'S over with.
[you must login to view images]
[you must login to view images] "Here we go."
[you must login to view images] <-That's pretty much a Midi made by Sans.
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
August 01, 2015 5:45:54pm (This post was last modified: August 02, 2015 1:36:58pm by UmbreonRogue.)
[-]
I thought Eggman came before Wario, though?

Let's take our minds off of OCs for once and talk about another aspect of fandoms. They are both the best and worst parts (in my opinion) of every fandom. They are called ships. Some ships are done right. Others: Not so much.

Aggravated teenaged autistic girl in area.

Do not disturb.

All flames will be put out by a fire extinguisher.

Episode III: Abandon Ship!

Okay, I actually don't mind shipping, if it doesn't go too far. I mean, it's okay if it's like some romance in an action or horror fanfiction. But doing it entirely on a single ship is too much for me.

I mean, I'm a FlippyxFlaky shipper, but I don't make an entire story based on it. Two chapters in, and I tend to give up reading such a story.

Speaking of that ship, there are fans who take their enthusiasm, ah, a bit too far.
Meaning that the more rabid fans would attack anyone who ships Flippy and/or Flaky with someone else, and it turns into this:

Spoiler:

(And a one-sided war, at that.)

And there is a whole lot of shippings I don't agree with, like the majority of the MLP shippings such as CelestiaxDiscord and Rarijack. I think they only based the former on how Discord randomly handed flowers to Celestia, and the latter got started on an episode despite having no canonical evidence. Same for Harry Potter. There is still a lot of ships going on such as HarryxHermione and Drarry, even though at the epilogue of Deathly Hallows is it not only established who married who but what children they had as well!

And please don't make me get started on the ship stories that go too far for the sake of the children on Creed. If you're old enough, you know what I'm talking about.

What do think about shippings? Do you think they're good or bad? I love to hear your opinion!

I'll see you next episode! Or maybe in replying to your posts.

[you must login to view images] Thanks Oscah!
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] Thanks BlueLink9001! He made all three of those!
[you must login to view images] Thanks Shinxey!
[you must login to view images] Surprise!
[you must login to view images] Temmie intensifies...
Thank this message
August 01, 2015 7:39:33pm (This post was last modified: August 01, 2015 7:41:35pm by BlueLink9001.)
[-]
I don't really like ships because most take it way too far, and I hardly find some that don't go overboard. The main ship I know is "MarkiplierxYamimash" or "Markimash" for short.

And then there's people who ship themselves with a fictional character.... And it just goes on and on from there.

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

Thank this message
August 01, 2015 7:47:51pm
[-]
Oh, the OCxCanon ones are the ones I hate the most. Admittedly, I did it once when I barely joined the Mixels fandom, but I have learned from my mistake.

Some other people never do, apparently.

[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] Thanks BlueLink9001! He made all three of those!
Thank this message
August 02, 2015 3:02:33am
[-]
(Bad puns FTW. @Blue)
OH GOD NO. ABANDON SHIP INDEED! *literally jumps off a boat*
*cough* Anyway.
For me, I'm really only okay with it if it's a canon ship, (Such as Princess Cadence and Shining Armor (Heck, they even got married in MLP. :L), Sonic and Sally (That's from Sonic SatAM and the comic universe. xD), and even Brock and just about any woman that crosses his path. Okay, that last one was a joke, but seriously.) But when people start writing shipfics and stuff about them, some are good, I guess, but the majority take it WAAAAY too far. (You'll understand what that means when you're older, kiddies.)
And then when they take two characters that obviously have no interest in each other whatsoever, or they take one side of a canon ship and pair them with someone else. That just doesn't seem right to me. And OCs x Canon characters is even worse. It's just....just... I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SAY IT. DX

^THERE.
What's also gross is not only does the shipping go too far, they have them doing totally heinous, disgusting, and disturbing things, AND they usually make "fanart" to go with. (DO >>> NOT<<< SEARCH IT.) The "fanart" for the shipfics is what really disturbs me about it, I guess. They all say: "Aww! It's a story about love!"
Basically for a lot, it's not love at all. It's all just PWP. (If you don't know what that means, I wouldn't suggest looking it up.)

The other thing about shipping that really gets me is all the yaoi/yuri ships. I mean, I have no problem with people who feel that way, but it's against my religion to practice those kinds of acts, so I don't condone it. Not to mention, it's disgusting.

[you must login to view links] <---Best contest answer ever!
[you must login to view links] <---
[you must login to view links] <--- Dre iz big fan.
^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
^Shard. :3
^Made dat. :3
^I made that, too . :3
Thank this message
August 02, 2015 3:26:13am
[-]
I actually dislike slash shipping too, though I tried not to go too far into it in order not to bring up political debate. But yeah, I generally try to avoid those types of shippings.

Thank this message
August 02, 2015 5:04:17am (This post was last modified: August 02, 2015 6:15:29am by Shinxey.)
[-]
I just avoid most shippings. Period. For the reasons I listed above.

Forgot to add earlier:

And also, the one other thing I hate about the shippers is the fighting, like you mentioned a few posts above. For example:
In a canon thing, Bob and Jill are dating. But then this one chic comes and takes Bob and ships him with Mariah. Then comes this other dude who takes Bob and ships him with Susan. Then the chic and the dude get into a fight because the dude thinks that Bob should be in love with Susan, while the chic thinks he should be paired up with Mariah. (Poor Jill! Where does she fit in with this? xD) And then it usually pretty much literally blows up from there. THAT gets annoying.
Chic: "He loves Mariah!"
Dude: "No you idiot! He loves Susan!"
Me: You're both idiots. He likes Jill. ._. It's canon.
Both: "No, you're the moron! He obviously likes [either]."

That and like I mentioned a few posts back, when they pair their OCs with characters or two that obviously do not like each other that way (if at all). It usually turns into that. This is a little....weird, so only open this spoiler if you dare.

Spoiler:
I saw on a Deviantart thing where there were about 5 or 6 (assuming here) females that were fighting over who got to "marry" said character. It got to the point where they were calling each other sl*ts and wh*res, and stuff like that, and I'm just sitting here like:
"You people need to grow up. First of all, the reason you're fighting is gross, and second of all, it's childish. You look like idiots." And a few people made comments like:
"You people are sick." and then THAT just sparked more fighting. It eventually escalated to the point where they were actually threatening to find each other and horribly and brutally murder each other over a farking fictional character.
Wanna know what was even grosser? The character wasn't human.

And the other thing is this (same reason as first, as to why it's in a spoiler):

Spoiler:
And what else makes me mad is you have this:
Canon Thing: Bob doesn't like Beatrice because he's dating Jill.
Dude: Well, the "REAL" reason that Bob isn't in love with Beatrice is because he's g*y! So he's "REALLY" in love with John!
THAT kind of thing really p***es me off.

So people are just weird.

^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
Thank this message
August 02, 2015 7:02:37pm
[-]
Agreed.

There is something every roleplayer hates, known as godmodding and power play. Though not necessarily restricted to fandom RPs, they can really be a thorn in a fandom RPer's side. Join me as we talk about those kind of buttheads!

Aggravated teenaged autistic fangirl in area.

Do not disturb.

All flames will be used to burn down godmoders' houses.

Episode IV: What Does The Scouter Say About His Power Level?

Okay, I'll admit it. I unintentionally godmodded and power played before, especially in my early RPing days. But at least I try to roleplay fairly. Some godmoders and power players lack the decency to be fair, especially in Hunger Games RPs.

If you don't remember what happened to me in such a RP, here's a refresher.

Me: (Sleeps in tree.)
Friendly guy: (Comes up to me to possibly ask about an alliance.)
Butthead: (Kills us both in under thirty seconds. ._.)

We've got people who make OCs with over-the-top powers, and employing them in roleplaying.

Spoiler:

It's everywhere, all right.

And power play is just dumb. I mean, where I used to RP at, there were a ton of Warriors RPs. And often times when two Clans are fighting, you often killed in one post without being given a chance to react. I know that in good RP ethnic you have to give the person a choice to dodge or get hit (the latter doing a mixture of the two choices throughout the fight to be fair).

That's why I gave up on Clan RPs.

Spoiler:

What do you think about godmodding and power playing? I love to hear your opinion!

I'll see you next episode! Or maybe in replying to your posts.

Thank this message
August 02, 2015 9:20:17pm
[-]
Okay, I may sound Hypocritical about this because of once again, Blue's Omnipotency, but I actually hate godmodding allot. It ruins roleplays because of someone being unable to get killed, and pretty much doing anything without any side-effects. That's why I've been trying to nerf Blue allot since his early days. [If you wanna know what his 'Early days' are, it's Freeplay[wasn't omnipotent], and the The Vortex 1-3 where he had omnipotency. Now he just has it for easier transportation and healing faster) but I've seriously been trying to make Blue to the point of being a normal human, Rather than an Omnipotent force that can obliterate everything in his path.

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

Thank this message
August 02, 2015 11:43:56pm
[-]
I don't really like godmodding either. It takes all the fun out of the roleplay.

Good:
P1: Bob thrusts a lance at you.
P2: Kelsey dodges and throws a knife at Bob.
P1: It hits Bob in the arm and he died.
(Okay, that was stupid, but still. xD)
Bad:
P1: Bob impales Kelsey, and the knife she throws misses me, and I win. The End.

Just think about it. Which sounds more fun? I bet you said the first one. But yeah, when people godmod, that makes the others not want to RP with them. And then as I mentioned a bunch of posts back, what REALLY ticks me off is when they make stupid comments after everyone quits like: "I don't get why no one wants to roleplay with me anymore!"
P2: Well, why'd they stop?
P1: They're just mad because my character is more awesome than theirs!
P2: *whispers to P3*: We found the godmodder. Get the swat team.
P3: *leads swat team to P1's house*
Okay, that was just for a bit of humor, but godmodding isn't very fun. I only have one OC who's OP, but like I said on Pg1, she's not like omnipotent or anything. (I admit, I may have gone a bit overboard with spells and stuff, but they don't always have good accuracy or anything.) When I was designing her, her first form was that she was just a hydrokinetic. (That's someone who can control water with their mind.) But then I changed a bunch of stuff to get what she is now. XP (I'll talk about all that later, because this isn't really the right place. XP) But still not a Mary Sue. xD
But not fun when everyone's like:
"LOL KELSEY KILLED BOB!:
"Lawl naw brah. Bob's immune to death n' stahf."
"Oh yeah? Well Kelsey doesn't abide by YOUR stupid rules. *kills Bob anyway*"
"Aw come on bruh. Bob's immune to death."
"Not anymore!"
(Person playing as Bob quits.)
"Hey. Where'd everyone go?"

That gets annoying. But that's not as bad as the flaming for things like character preferences. ._.
Seriously, one time at school, this chic was calling me all sorts of names (that I cannot repeat here without getting banned.) because Silver is my second-favorite Sonic character. ._. And it was because SHE didn't like him. But hey, It's no use trying to change my mind. ;D
(And that WAS relevant to this rant topic for this next part I'm about to add.)
And the thing that gets me too is like if you're in a freeplay-type of RP (where you can be whoever/whatever you want.) and you pick a character that a person in the RP doesn't like, sometimes they'll do stuff like exclusively godmod on you, or only attack you, or stalk you, or something stupid like that. I've been in RPs like that. One person didn't like another person's character, and just exclusively went after them. A few of us even tried things like:
"Sydney went in front of Mary, so Amy couldn't attack her."
"Alex tackled Amy."
"Bob grabbed Mary and ran off with her."
And still the person ignored it and made it seem as if we didn't exist.
"Amy killed Mary."
"When Mary regenerated, Amy killed her again."
"Amy saw Mary running away from her and shot off at the speed of light to intercept her, and killed her again."
"Amy pushed Sydney and killed Mary again."
"Amy took Mary from Bob, and then killed them both."
So that got the majority of us to quit.
That's the other thing that gets me. Just geeze. I mean, I RP with people who have character choices that I don't much care for, but I don't just exclusively hunt them down or whatever because I don't like them. I'm sure I pick characters that others hate, and most of the time, they don't either. Doing that is not fair to the other RPers.

^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
Thank this message
August 03, 2015 12:07:51am
[-]
@Blue: For me, powers are alright as long as you don't godmod and power play.

@Shinxey: Attacking someone repeatedly just because they don't like that character...just, wow. It's like me going full Super Saiyan and obliterating Zorch (my least favorite Mixel) just because someone was RPing him. Just really? -_-

Thank this message
August 03, 2015 12:19:39am
[-]
Seriously. :L I've seen it happen. And like I also said, sometimes they even ignore others, or kill, hurt, or otherwise the others for "getting in their way".
And that makes it not as fun anymore. Not fun for the person getting exclusively hunted down, because they can't do ANYTHING without getting nailed (sometimes literally) for it. Not fun for the others, because no one is interacting with them in the RP at all. And sometimes if they are interacted with, it's usually something like:
"You tried saving the character I hate, so I killed you both."

^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
Thank this message
August 03, 2015 12:24:37am
[-]
Which is also godmodding.

I guess I can sum up my interpretation of such flaming in RP in this picture:

Spoiler:

Thank this message
August 03, 2015 12:44:45am
[-]
xD That's about it, too. :P
And yep. Godmodding.
That and the flaming in general is stupid.

^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
Thank this message
August 03, 2015 4:09:55am
[-]
Yeah, I agree.

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,176 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]