Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Oddish's Off-Topic < Survive: Pokemon/Don't Starve Crossover.
Survive: Pokemon/Don't Starve Crossover.
Favorite Thread Post Reply
September 25, 2015 1:08:48am (This post was last modified: September 28, 2015 10:00:11pm by UmbreonRogue.)
[-]
Hello peeps to my fanfiction. I've recently discovered Don't Starve, a survival game I desperately want to play. I won't start the actual story yet, but for now here are the OC characters. Expect a few familiar faces from the actual game as well.

I apologize if they appear OP. I really tried to keep them balanced.

EDIT: Became more specific in a few descriptions and fixed one of Skullzy's debuffs.

Destra: Female Umbreon.

Buffs

Fur: Has a fur growth similiar to Wilson's beard. Starts out as a bit of extra bit of fur into poodle-like, much to Destra's dismay.

Scarf: Has a sanity regeneration 3.3% (same as Top Hat), making her effective for exploring in the rain. Also provides a bit of insulation, but not enough to increase overheating. Automatically comes back on in the next world even if it was "left behind" or taken off and put among the stuff being carried over. It never degrades.

Detection: Being half blind made her hearing and scenting better to compensate. In darkness, she can detect objects and enemies, faintly outlined in red. Disappears at 15% sanity.

Poison: Destra's naturally produced toxic sweat helps increase damage dealt to enemies at night.

Debuffs

Half-Blind: Unfortunately, she can't see worth a crud in the darkness. Any light sources other than campfires become weaker to her (though not to other players in multiplayer). It's recommended to have landmarks when playing as her.

Sanity: Without her scarf, the rate at which her sanity decreases is increased by 3%. Not very helpful if she's caught in the rain or night. Only negated if nearby other players in multiplayer.

Pyr: Female Shiny Charmeleon.

Buffs

Fire Immunity: Shares the same fire resistance as Willow in the original.

Super Effective: Any damage dealt to enemies by her luring enemies into fire is increased.

Heat-proof: Does not as easily overheat

Debuffs

Weak to Water: Loses health in rain.

Brrr!: Ironically, she's more prone to freezing even though she's Fire-type.

Pyromania: Like Willow, she also starts fires at random when insane. Unlike her, she does not regain sanity from being near fire, so you're in a bit of a dilemma.

Machi: Male Machoke.

Buffs

Well-fed: In a way similiar to Wolfgang, if you keep Machi at the right hunger level, he will be more powerful. He won't change forms, though. This is, however, a much more delicate balance than the character, as you will see in the debuffs.

Debuffs:

Bloated: Give him too much to eat, and his speed and damage will temporarily decrease. Machi will have a temporary increase in maximum health.

Malnourished: If make Machi close to starving, his maximum health and damage will temporarily decrease. He will have a temporary boost in speed.

Machi's form is consistent throughout this, and hunger rate is in no way affected by this.

Skullzy: Female Cubone.

Buffs

Marowak's Ghost: Skullzy can summon her mother, without need of any item--though at the cost of 100 sanity.

Bone Club: She always carries her bone club, which is a tool that can be used for chopping trees, digging, and mining with infinite durability. Please don't ask me the logic of this.

Debuffs

Sanity: She loses more sanity in the rain than most characters. To make it worse, Skullzy can't unequip her club to get an umbrella.

Tools: As mentioned above, Skullzy can't use other tools due to always carrying the bone club. She can, however, light it up like a torch and tie the Divining Rod to it.

Magnum: Shiny Magnezone, no gender but considered male in casual talk.

Buffs:

Lightning: It enters a state similiar to WX-78 when it is struck by lightning, and Magnum actually loses less sanity and health by the actual DS character.

Radar: Can tell what kind of minerals are in boulders by examining them. Also better at mining them.

Debuffs

Downside of Lightning: When entering the modified version of WX-78's SYSTEM OVERLOAD, it steadily loses health over time. As expected, it doesn't get the full health recovery. And it doesn't glow. D:

Plant Issues: It's bad at harvesting grass, berries, wood, and other flora-related stuff. It will take longer for it to do so, leaving Magnum more open to attack.

Magnum cannot eat spoiled and stale food without all of the negative effects.

Blizz: Female Froslass

Buffs

Cold Immunity: Cannot die from freezing.

Crafty: Though not as early as Wickerbottom, she can still craft stuff pretty early. This does not apply to machines like the Alchemy Engine--you still have to build such a device with one that is the tier before it.

Debuffs

Picky: Blizz is even a more picky eater than Wickerbottom--she only eats berries, cooked mushrooms, and cooked meat.

Autai: Female Lucario.

Buffs

Mega Evolution: Autai has a Lucarioite that becomes charged after three days. When she uses it, she Mega Evolves, which makes her stronger and able to harvest and mine without tools, but cannot pick them up in this form. This can also occasionally be activated by defeating multiple mobs or enemies in a short time. It wears off after a short period of time, with no way of prolonging it.

Bloodlust: She gets more sanity and health recovery from defeating enemies, though not as much as Wigfrid.

Debuffs

Sanity: Her sanity loss is 105/min as opposed to Werebeaver Woodie's 90/min.

Hunger: She gets hungry much faster compared to the other Pokemon-only characters.

Autai is a combination of Woodie and Wigfrid.

And no Pokemon modifications for Wes, Maxwell, and Webber. Sorry. :/

Here's the prologue!

Spoiler:
(Note: In this universe, which is the thing I often used in RPs, Pokemon can be wild, captured, or civilized. Most Pokemon OCs I have are in the civilized category.)

Prologue

An Umbreon lied on her belly, listening to heavy metal on headphones with her eyes closed. She wore a blue scarf around her neck that somehow stayed in perfect shape in the few years she had it. Across the closed eyelids of her right eye was a scar, reaching to her forehead ring mark.

This Umbreon, as she caught herself doing sometimes, was thinking about the decisions she had made in the past, especially bad ones. Like how the Pokemon ran off with a Houndoom to steal and burglarize, only to be betrayed. Fortunately, her family forgave her, but the Umbreon will never forget that she was a thief who was too naive.

"Hey pal," a voice spoke through her earbuds, disrupting the music. At this, the Umbreon jumped, eyes opened wide. The right eye was revealed to be white with a gray pupil.
"Wh-what the!?"
She took out her earbuds, then tentatively put them back in her ears.
"Hello?"
"You're Destra, right?" the mysterious voice asked.
Destra narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "How did you know my name?"
"I have my ways," the other person said. "Thing is, I got a way that no one will know you were a lowly criminal."
"Really? And how is that?" Destra questioned catiously.
"You can build a machine that is great enough for you to be able to start new. A fresh slate where no one can judge you on your oopsies."
"Uh yeah, but there is one tiny problem," said Destra. "I can't build stuff."
"One that will be quickly solved."

Suddenly, she got a bunch of ideas how she can craft this device. And she's going to act on them.

Destra spent days on building this machine, somehow getting the sufficient funds for the materials and tools. When her parents and her younger sister, a blue-eyed Leafeon named Daisy, questioned her on this odd project, Destra would reply that she was just working on it.

Finally, the day when it was complete came.

It was a tall device, made of wood and steel. Gears stood still, awaiting orders to act. On it was a lever, which the black-furred Pokemon did not know it was for yet.

Through her earbuds, the voice said, "Good. Very good. Now all you need to do is just pull that lever."
"Eh, question," Destra began. "What happens when I do pull it."
"Just pull the darn thing!!" the voice yelled.
Destra jumped as she usually does around loud noises. "Yeesh! You don't have to be so pushy!"

She gripped the lever with her mouth, and pulled it down. The device whirred to life, the gears finally spinning. Destra looked at it with pride--until she felt something grab her tail. She turned to see black, shadowy hands grabbing at her. Immediately, Destra attempted to flee, but to no avail as the hands had a firm grip on her. They lifted her up, and then dragged her through the floor. And that was the last thing Destra remembered before falling unconscious.

A tall, dapper-looking human stood over the Umbreon, a small smirk tugging at the side of his lips.
"Say pal," he looked down at the Pokemon, "you don't look so good. You better find something to eat before night comes!"
And with that, the man disappeared in a puff of smoke.

(OoC: And thus begins "Survive"! :D)

Here is Chapter Waaaaaan!

Spoiler:
Chapter 1

Destra's eyes suddenly flew open.
Where am I?
Slowly, she stood up on her four legs and surveyed the area. It appeared that she was in the wilderness, with tall grass and trees dotting the landscape. A berry bush occasionally was visible.
"Great, just great," Destra muttered, a faint piano sound going along with it.

Wait, what?

The Pokemon put her paw to her mouth, then removed it as she made a long "ah" sound. More quietly was a noise of a middle-pitched piano key being held down while doing this.

"...And now I sound like someone shoved a piano down my throat. Perfect."

She settled on roaming the area, collecting anything she could pick up. Destra didn't know how, but she knew how to create tools and other things. Perhaps it was leftover from when she had the sudden burst of ideas in her mind. Which reminded her...

She let herself be taken advantaged of once again.

Destra should've known better than to trust someone she didn't know. After all, she lost sight in one of her eyes for that reason. But like a moron, the Umbreon foolishly trusted the voice, and she is trapped in this place.

Destra built a crude axe from a piece of flint and and a twig, which somehow managed to stay together. She continued to forage the area, chopping trees and defying logic by carrying logs easily and without fatigue. Before she knew it, it was dusk and approaching night. Destra quickly built a campfire to settle for the night. Unfortunately, her stomach began complaining with groans. The only food the Pokemon picked was two carrots and a handful of berries that she immediately ate. Destra needed to gather more, so ventured out of the light.

It was pitch black, to where Destra couldn't see an inch pass her nose. Still, she kept going, determined to find food. Until...

Whoosh!

Destra jumped.
"Hello?" she called out.

No reply.

A bit more than frightened, Destra made a mad dash for camp, where she added more fuel to the fire. She kept a sharp eye out for the unknown being, until Destra dozed off.

[you must login to view images] Thanks Oscah!
[you must login to view images]
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] Thanks BlueLink9001! He made all three of those!
[you must login to view images] Thanks Shinxey!
[you must login to view images] Surprise!
[you must login to view images] Temmie intensifies...
[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,178 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]