Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Sunkern's Studying Session < Requirements for Sixth Form?
Requirements for Sixth Form?
Favorite Thread Post Reply
November 08, 2015 8:12:43pm
[-]
Could anyone explain to me what Sixth Form is, and what requirements are needed to enroll?( All I've been told is that I need at least 5 Cs, but when I consulted a teacher they said, 'It all depends on what courses you want to do'...My school has told us nothing about it, so I'm a bit confused.) Help would be greatly appreciated... >.>

Courses I'd like to do:
English Lang/Lit
Religious Studies
Media Studies ( Also, if anyone could tell me what/how many grades are required to study the courses t'would be much appreciated...)
.-.

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
November 08, 2015 9:42:41pm
[-]
Yeah, at the minimum you need 5 C's, but depending on how good you're school is, you may need alot better grades than just 5 A*-C's.

For english literature/language, you're looking for about a B in whichever one you are doing, and a C in the other, though alot of teachers want a B in both english courses at GCSE grade (I know this because I got in my English Lit class with 2 B's in both, yet my friend with 1 B in lit and a C in lang did not unfortunately).

For religious studies, again you should have about a B in the subject at GCSE level, however you may be able to get in with only a C in the subject, depending on whether your school is filled with alot of religious people e.g. a catholic school, and have lower expectations.

Media is a course I really know nothing about honestly, and it depends if the particular media course you're looking at is a BTEC/OCR, or an official AS. If it's anything like the courses I know about (as I am studying IT), then the former doesn't require any grades in ICT GCSE courses, apart from a good english and maths grade, and the latter may require a qualification of at least a C in any related course. However, do not fully trust me on this one, as I am not completely sure about media, and what kind of courses are usually run for it.

I hope I helped you as much as I could, enjoy the advice, and feel free to message me for more info. Also, google is your best friend, try and get the names of the courses that are being run with your subjects, and look up the certain requirements and how the course is carried out.

Spoiler:
Need help? Then message catcherpro - #16009

Ty so much Hiromi Ai!
[you must login to view images]

Da Man, that rayquaza sig is truly awesome! Thx again!

ABOMINATOR is my bae

My Latest Signature (24/02/2015):
Thank this message
November 10, 2015 10:09:37pm
[-]
Thanks for the help Adam! :3
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,166 posts in 39,216 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]