Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Rattata's Music Rave < Music... Life Lessons
Music... Life Lessons
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Music... Life Lessons
December 20, 2015 11:21:57pm
[-]
Music... Life Lessons
Music is social and cultural activity we all participate in. It has been around for as long has history has been recorded. The word "Music" we get derives the Greek word "mousike" (art of the Muses) I am not sure what that means, but now you know it, so go tell your friends... Anyways, music focuses on the mediums of sound and silence, and has various origination's. It plays parts in religious activities, ceremonies, social gatherings and hobbies.
Many parts play into having the music. There is composition: creating a work of music, notation: the written notes and rhythms using symbols, and many more elements.
Please only continue if you aren't bored by science-y stuff.
First we have Psycho acoustics. This is the study of sound perception, or how we understand music. Next is Cognitive musicology. This is a branch of cognitive science that uses the modelling of musical knowledge with the goal understanding music and cognition. Also there is the Musical Neuroscience. This is scientific study of brain-based mechanisms and the underlying processes of music. It also concerns itself with the basis for musical aesthetics and emotion.

Life lessons is a Forums short series I hope to write on every couple days. I will enjoy feedback on what I can improve and if you like it. Thank you for reading,
PokeMaster1010

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
December 20, 2015 11:34:46pm
[-]
Very interesting, I love music and I may have written a few songs. I can sing and I play the baritone, which was created by the same guy who made the saxophone.
Thank this message
December 21, 2015 12:45:36am
[-]
December 20, 2015 11:34:46pmShinyLiepard Wrote:  Very interesting, I love music and I may have written a few songs. I can sing and I play the baritone, which was created by the same guy who made the saxophone.

Really? I play Piano and have played for almost 5 years. I enjoy Tchaikovsky and his works.
Thank this message
December 22, 2015 5:12:08am
[-]
I play Piano and am self-taught to play it :3

Prepare for the makeover!

GLITTER FORCE MAKEOVER!!!

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

A force as strong as life itself! I'm Glitter Spring!

Okay now that THAT'S over with.
[you must login to view images]
[you must login to view images] "Here we go."
[you must login to view images] <-That's pretty much a Midi made by Sans.
Thank this message
December 22, 2015 5:57:16am
[-]
December 22, 2015 5:12:08amBlueLink9001 Wrote:  I play Piano and am self-taught to play it :3

Aaahh, Impressive!! I am NOT self-taught, have had lessons up til now. Using skills learned thru these times, I have taught myself songs, but nothing worth bragging.
Thank this message
December 22, 2015 1:58:05pm
[-]
I cannot make my own music for the life of me so I have just been using Synthesia to help me learn songs :3
I'm currently learning
Megalovania[Undertale/Homestuck/Earthbound Halloween]
Battle against a True Hero [Undertale]
<- This one.
and Your Best Nightmare.

Here are the Synthesia versions of the songs if you wanna learn them yourself :3 (I use Synthesia because I CANNOT read Sheet Music for the life of me.)

Prepare for the makeover!

GLITTER FORCE MAKEOVER!!!

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

A force as strong as life itself! I'm Glitter Spring!

Okay now that THAT'S over with.
[you must login to view images] "Here we go."
[you must login to view images] <-That's pretty much a Midi made by Sans.
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,171 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]