Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed - Forums
You need to be logged in first before you can favorite a thread!

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < Screen Reader mode
Screen Reader mode
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Screen Reader mode
April 23, 2019 8:15:34pm
[-]
Screen Reader mode
I've noticed there's not much in Pokemon Creed that is screen reader-friendly, including but not limited to the "first letter of the pokemon" captcha.
So I came up with an option that is easy to program in: Screen Reader mode. This replaces some images, like pokemon, with image descriptions of them so screen readers can describe them. They don't have to be in detail, and they can just be like this, in brackets.
[Image description: A sprite of the pokemon Pikachu. End image description.]
Or like this, for images that aren't pokemon, but just characters:
[Image description: A sprite of Giovanni. End image description.]
And for pokemon captchas, they can be like this:
[Image description: A picture of the pokemon Pikachu, filtered with lines to prevent bots from automatically entering letters. End image description.]
I'd thought it would be a good option. Maybe you can make it available when someone's registering for Pokemon Creed, so they don't have to manually go to their settings.
Here's a good article about blind/partially blind people playing Pokemon. [you must login to view links]

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
April 28, 2019 3:23:42am
[-]
I really like this idea. Nice suggestion 10/10

[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,171 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]