Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - General Discussions < Response to Level Crisis
Response to Level Crisis
Favorite Thread Thread Locked
Response to Level Crisis
February 19, 2014 3:12:28am (This post was last modified: February 19, 2014 3:51:06am by kray.)
[-]
Response to Level Crisis
I am posting this in a thread, simply because it would not fit in the thread. If you have anything you like, or agree with please post in Da Man's thread and not here.

I would like for everyone to read, and even read read to fully understand where I am coming from.

Well kind regards Da Man and other players,

I have thought pretty much majority of the day over this and have found many key points I would like to point out and my end opinion on this. I have brought together many positives and negatives while taking a look at my past year and my drive to get to the first page of the Pokemon Rankings. Then on to the top 10, and hopefully within the next few months spot 2 and gaining on the top pokemon in the game.

Well as seeing we would have to find potential problems and various other things I would like to start out with the advantages to moving to this system. I will also include my explanation, so be prepared as this might get lengthy.

Advantages:

The system would be based off of the video game 'Call of Duty' like Da Man said. This would be great because now you have something where people can strive and be visible as accomplished.

---Everyone wants to be seen as accomplished, the ranking system would be great especially if it were divided into prestige stages. Feeling accomplished=Players striving to continue the want to achieve and overall giving them an emotional/mental boost ---

Allows for people to leave on good notes when they have to take vacations and such.
---No one likes seeing their progressed ruined when they return from a break. Personally I got stuck in this trap because I had things to do during the summer and found my number 5 place taken because I was gone. This system would allow for players to stop at the top of a prestige and then focus on the next one when they come back to start climbing that ladder---

Would keep the intimidation level down within the game.
---I have had my other friends try this game out with me, obviously they didn't make it quite as far as me. However, I do remember one of them telling me that (at the time) going from 5 to a 40k was too much work and as seeing how it was seeming impossible, they stopped and went on to other things. Going off of this idea, you get an inside look on how people feel when they first start, definitely a plus for possibly keeping new members longer.---

Training jobs, need to be gone
---Going into this I figured there will be controversy on this. As I get farther into this I am starting to see Da Man's view, and very many others on training jobs. There are those that are doing well with training, I am going to use mikehappy as an example. Yes he does a great job on training other players pokemon, and I have even been recommending to people because I have stopped doing training jobs to help with my push to the top. However, it is allowing those that, granted spend quite a bit of time on the game, paying for training. Gambling is the easiest way to riches, and the fastest rollercoaster to rags in this game. Before long its not going to be hard for a new member to be at the front page of overall rankings in a matter of days. Providing those that haven't quit over this, thinking about it. I have had many people talk to me about be frustrated over this. They trained over the cap, and then someone flies by on the training jet. With the prestige system it should only allow for pokemon without having jobs on them as training is a self-achievement that if you don't have a desire to do it yourself, then you don't need to be on the ranks as the best. ---

There are a few problems with this system though.

Disadvantages

X Transition

---This is probably this biggest problem we face. Yes in theory and when implemented (in games such as 'Call of Duty') it would work great. However, there are too many problems with trying to bring over players from the current system, and I feel for them. I will admit, for those that have the drive to get to the top of the current system, it feels so glorious and so much pride of being able to have a great deal of exp gained, and that glorious number that we thought was never even possible months/years ago. It is so discouraging to fall back down to get 1 bil exp (if the exp gained would stay the same in the 20k's, forgot what it was) and be limited to only see the max 25k with a small number next to it. Considering the top players have been some of the longest and experienced players in Creed, you will really have to convince us that it is truly worth it, because that is such a down-grade to our pride and our accomplishments because it would limit us more. Many of the front page, maybe even myself (I don't honestly know as of this point) would leave because of this and those are some of the most dedicated players I my opinion that have keep the game going when it seemingly almost dropped off at one point.---

X Direct implementation
---Right now as far as we know it, if this system were to follow through it would be put directly into the game. Now this is an assumption as I do not fully know what you wish to do with this Da Man. There would definitely need a beta rankings for this on the side for players to see how it works. For example, training will be the same, gaining levels would still be the same, but there will be a beta rankings that would show us how the rankings would actually work and how our levels would be put into the prestige rankings. I know this may seem a bit pointless, but it is definitely a great way to allow players to test it most of it out first hand, and then make a decision on whether or not to convert to the Prestige system. Some knowledge is for better decisions, that that of blindly throwing darts.---

X Communicating with Us
---This is going to something that is key if you are serious about implementing this idea Da Man. I know you are personally busy but if you are going to have this work and possibly make the game better. You will need to definitely communicate with us. The News/Updates section shows up on everyone's homepage, It doesn't always need to be used for announcing updates, or soon to be updates. I could be used to ask questions to the users. Ask people how the beta is looking so far, especially the front page trainers because without their backing this could be a miserable experience for people. Leave the thread open for people to comment what they like about how its going so far, or what should definitely be fixed. Get on chat and spend a couple minutes here and there, because as I see it, that is one of the more popular places for the community.---

X Clans!
---There would definitely would need buffs for both prestiged pokemon and clan credits. The clan exp gained needs to be buff for each prestige level so someone cannot sit at the top of one prestige ladder and keep their clan to easily climb the list. Also clan credits would need to be buffed since those who would no longer be able to get jobs can be compensated in order to buy pokemon through trades instead of training.---

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
February 19, 2014 3:12:52am (This post was last modified: February 19, 2014 3:56:05am by kray.)
[-]
Response to Level Crisis
Used for overflow

Key ideas:

- There needs to be a beta version, if we can't see it and interact with it then we will most likely be afraid of it instead of approaching and trying it.

- You need to convince the front page trainers as this is affecting them the most. As it is now most people have not even came close to the prestige point. So definitely need to talk to those that have achieved it. (A hint would be to look at those with 25k trainer with 25k pokemon levels as those show who actually trained to those points)

- Need to really take into consideration of the prestige level. Honestly look at those who have actually reached 25k. If you were to look at the highest pokemon, 2-3 years of work is not resembled by having a level 11,141 (prestige 2) Golden Rayquaza. The Prestige level needs to be brought down to 10k-15k because you have to remember, as Dualot said, the exp gained would be reset upon prestiging. So it would resemble more of 3 years of work by zapdos to have a level 1141 (6th prestige) Golden Rayquaza.

- Communicate with us because while not daily, but at least not on a monthly or other extended period of time basis. The last thing we need is to be caught in limbo on what is going on.

- Get rid of training jobs for the Prestige system. Yes while it would be harder for the training jobs, but having a prestige system is based on personal achievement, not how much you can pay other players to spend their time for you.

- Clans exp/credits will also need to be buffed for the things said above to keep our players that rely on training for a source of income. It would allow for people to gain coins to buy through trades instead of training. Exp buffs are need also for reasons said above.

Right now I am all for this system, not because of reasons other players are throwing out there, but because I believe this would keep players playing more instead of starting and stopping after less than a week. I see an opportunity for the game to grow in members. I see a chance in keeping players motivated to try out the game longer than they normally would.

What is keeping this back is the fact that progress would be shrunken and limited to a certain extent. However, if we can create a nice ranking system that would show their progress effectively it would create so much motivation for trainers, and many possible trainers to be due to this system.Progress needs to be preserved to avoid loss of some truly dedicated players of this game. Which is what I am trying to stress the most throughout the explanation.

Thank this message
February 19, 2014 7:00:12am
[-]
Kray it will go by EXP..
So Zapdos helios is Experience: 228,564,148,683,382
so if 15k its 76 prestige
so if its 20k its 28 prestige
so if its 25k its 15 prestige Helios

Rox
Thank this message
February 19, 2014 12:38:08pm
[-]
Cyprum I understand that it would go by exp. However if you fully read what I was saying you would understand why I quoted Dualot. Once you prestige the pokemon's exp gain would be set back to that off a level 5. Even by training on a mew a level 5 would bring in a maximum of 12,600 exp. If the prestige was based off the exp of a pokemon it would sure be crude trying to get 10 BIL exp to level up my charizard by one level. Do the math 10 bil / 12,600 = insane number of battles. Thus the reason I suggest based off of levels instead.

If we were to keep the exp gained the same after the prestiging then that does not solve the value of a 1k like Da Man wishes. It would completely avoid fixing the problem and instead just putting a different format for numbers. Which would be pointless to those that spent their time training hard for the past few years.

Thank this message
February 19, 2014 12:46:45pm
[-]
Well u can keep a secondary 25k pokemon and train ur main with it..

Rox
Thank this message
February 19, 2014 3:33:09pm
[-]
In theory it wouldn't Cyprum. Based off of the current system the exp gained is based of of the highest pokemon in your party. With a 1st prestige being higher than a non-prestiged pokemon then it would take precedence over the party. Meaning you could not train a prestiged pokemon with a non-prestiged if they are both in the same party, because of the higher pokemon rewarding the exp for the battle.

Also this thread was not intended for you to discuss back your opinion as it was too long to post, so please post in Da Man's thread not here.

Thank this message
Thread Locked

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]