Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - General Discussions < Why would people quit if Prestige is implemented?
Why would people quit if Prestige is implemented?
Favorite Thread Thread Locked
February 20, 2014 10:32:03am
[-]
On Da Man's main thread about Level Crisis, many people posted about how their hard training they did till then will go to waste and how they would quit the game.
The thing is, the training they did already won't waste, as not only Da Man said he will compensate for it, he can also change the pokemon's prestige level.
For example, if a person has 30k level pokemon, his pokemon would turn into level 10k prestige 1 pokemon. That means their training won't go to waste. And, right now they are training till infinite levels, at least when Prestige will be implemented, they will have a goal to attain. I don't see why so many people are against it.
Can all those who are against it, explain the reason why you are against it?

>>The CHAMP is HERE<<
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
February 20, 2014 11:01:21am
[-]
I seriously don't mind prestige Creed is just a game so just enjoy and I like challenges I hope it is implemented in the game.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
[you must login to view images]

Thank this message
February 20, 2014 12:06:38pm
[-]
Yeah, people are saying things like it will waste our training, but how will it waste their training? Their pokemon level will just get converted into appropriate Prestige Level. So, why the negative replies to the Prestige Idea?

>>The CHAMP is HERE<<
Thank this message
February 20, 2014 12:09:18pm
[-]
Cause people will get bored of training to 25k again and again and again and again, It gets boring training like this

Thank this message
February 20, 2014 12:12:17pm
[-]
Because they believe that all their training past 25k would have just been a waste of time, and if their pokemon get lowered, then they will gain less exp. Much of their means of getting their riches comes through training pokemon for others, so if they gain less exp, than it will take longer for their pokemon to do the training job, and thus causing them to even further waste more of their life.
Thank this message
February 20, 2014 12:16:31pm (This post was last modified: February 20, 2014 12:17:19pm by Da Man.)
[-]
This level crisis must be solved one way or another. There are alternative solutions I have posted in the thread as I have seen that not everyone agrees with the prestiging idea. However, one solution must definitely be implemented to conserve the value of 1k and keep the value of levels more constant.

The higher level trainers benefit too much while the noobs barely benefit with this system.

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message This post was thanked once.
February 20, 2014 12:25:15pm
[-]
People who don't train at all doesn't get affected by this :P

Thank this message
February 20, 2014 12:32:18pm (This post was last modified: February 20, 2014 12:45:02pm by GrimReaper.)
[-]
"The higher level trainers benefit too much while the noobs barely benefit with this system."

Here a idea, if The "Noobs" as you puts it, would trains on their owns instead of paying trainer or begging high level trainer to train free or cheaply, they will have stuffs to, but instead they get on chat/messages trainers and begs them to trains for free, maybe they will feel the pokemon is worth something, If They are force to work for the stuffs they want like how most of old trainers did, they will feel the compliment of getting a level 1k.

Made by: Levi Rivalle
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images]
^^^Sig made by Harmony.|GlitterShinx was make by DarkVortex
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
^^^ Made by me.
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
^^^Userbar and Cloud Shinx/Luxio/LuxrayMade by MaD_Roby
Thank this message
February 20, 2014 1:11:10pm
[-]
How about 4-5 possible solutions are decided upon, and then have people choose 1 out of them? For this, I think the polling booth can be put into use(if someone has not suggested it already)

Now, replies to everybody who posted above!

February 20, 2014 12:09:18pmmonkey Wrote:  Cause people will get bored of training to 25k again and again and again and again, It gets boring training like this

Don't you get bored training in current situation, where you know you are actually training to limitless levels? At least it gives an objective to accomplish.

February 20, 2014 12:12:17pmAmathyst Wrote:  Because they believe that all their training past 25k would have just been a waste of time, and if their pokemon get lowered, then they will gain less exp. Much of their means of getting their riches comes through training pokemon for others, so if they gain less exp, than it will take longer for their pokemon to do the training job, and thus causing them to even further waste more of their life.

Their levels will be conserved, and they will be given Prestige level accordingly, I think. If they gain lesser exp, won't that make things more challenging? I mean, currently, if zapdos was to compete against someone like me, he could clearly beat me in a minute, but on the other hand, when this will be implemented, both of us will have the same maximum exp we can gain, thus equaling chances of either of us winning ( though I know I still would lose :P )
Gaining less exp indeed means lesser chances of becoming richer than others, but again, they will have equal competition, and the best person will emerge at the top!
About wasting time, lets take example of Angry Birds. People complete the game, and then play the same game again in attempt to beat their and their friend's High Score. In that too, they waste their time, in similar way, players can choose to waste their time to prove they are better, or simply to compete with friends or to gain self-satisfaction :P

February 20, 2014 12:16:31pmDa Man Wrote:  This level crisis must be solved one way or another. There are alternative solutions I have posted in the thread as I have seen that not everyone agrees with the prestiging idea. However, one solution must definitely be implemented to conserve the value of 1k and keep the value of levels more constant.

The higher level trainers benefit too much while the noobs barely benefit with this system.

I think this will give newbies a chance and desire to compete. Please tell me if I am wrong about that.

February 20, 2014 12:25:15pmmonkey Wrote:  People who don't train at all doesn't get affected by this :P

Indeed! However, it will affect coins distribution and other things which will indirectly affect them...

February 20, 2014 12:32:18pmGrimReaper Wrote:  "The higher level trainers benefit too much while the noobs barely benefit with this system."

Here a idea, if The "Noobs" as you puts it, would trains on their owns instead of paying trainer or begging high level trainer to train free or cheaply, they will have stuffs to, but instead they get on chat/messages trainers and begs them to trains for free, maybe they will feel the pokemon is worth something, If They are force to work for the stuffs they want like how most of old trainers did, they will feel the compliment of getting a level 1k.

Its up to the noobs, if they really are noobs, they will never train and will always remain stuck with level 5 pokemon.

>>The CHAMP is HERE<<
Thank this message
February 20, 2014 1:14:04pm
[-]
I have a suggestion we could remove Mysterious Trainer?

Thank this message
February 20, 2014 1:20:07pm
[-]
February 20, 2014 1:11:10pmcomplanboy Wrote:  How about 4-5 possible solutions are decided upon, and then have people choose 1 out of them? For this, I think the polling booth can be put into use(if someone has not suggested it already)

monkey Wrote:
February 20, 2014 12:09:18pm pid=403256
Cause people will get bored of training to 25k again and again and again and again, It gets boring training like this
Don't you get bored training in current situation, where you know you are actually training to limitless levels? At least it gives an objective to accomplish.

February 20, 2014 12:12:17pmAmathyst Wrote:  Because they believe that all their training past 25k would have just been a waste of time, and if their pokemon get lowered, then they will gain less exp. Much of their means of getting their riches comes through training pokemon for others, so if they gain less exp, than it will take longer for their pokemon to do the training job, and thus causing them to even further waste more of their life.

Their levels will be conserved, and they will be given Prestige level accordingly, I think. If they gain lesser exp, won't that make things more challenging? I mean, currently, if zapdos was to compete against someone like me, he could clearly beat me in a minute, but on the other hand, when this will be implemented, both of us will have the same maximum exp we can gain, thus equaling chances of either of us winning ( though I know I still would lose :P )
Gaining less exp indeed means lesser chances of becoming richer than others, but again, they will have equal competition, and the best person will emerge at the top!
About wasting time, lets take example of Angry Birds. People complete the game, and then play the same game again in attempt to beat their and their friend's High Score. In that too, they waste their time, in similar way, players can choose to waste their time to prove they are better, or simply to compete with friends or to gain self-satisfaction :P

February 20, 2014 12:16:31pmDa Man Wrote:  This level crisis must be solved one way or another. There are alternative solutions I have posted in the thread as I have seen that not everyone agrees with the prestiging idea. However, one solution must definitely be implemented to conserve the value of 1k and keep the value of levels more constant.

I think this will give newbies a chance and desire to compete. Please tell me if I am wrong about that.

February 20, 2014 12:25:15pmmonkey Wrote:  People who don't train at all doesn't get affected by this :P

Indeed! However, it will affect coins distribution and other things which will indirectly affect them...

February 20, 2014 12:32:18pmGrimReaper Wrote:  "The higher level trainers benefit too much while the noobs barely benefit with this system."

Its up to the noobs, if they really are noobs, they will never train and will always remain stuck with level 5 pokemon.

If zapdos gets the same exp like You what is the mean of his hard work of 2 years and your no work ?

Rox
Thank this message
February 20, 2014 1:21:41pm
[-]
But still if Da Man removes Mysterious Trainer most of the trainers will quit as it takes a lot of time against Swimmer Richard.

Thank this message
February 20, 2014 3:14:36pm
[-]
Make a lowered pokemon is not good solution, it like take hardwork away. The unlimited lvl show how hard you earn lvl in this game, every mew is give less than exp, so make a pokemon lowered is very pain full to trainer who got effected

People who not train will agree, because it give them benefit to got high poke

CF
Thank this message
February 20, 2014 3:30:21pm
[-]
Doing 1 thing 4-5 times is not fun or worth playing

Thank this message
February 20, 2014 8:51:23pm (This post was last modified: February 20, 2014 9:04:33pm by GrimReaper.)
[-]
February 20, 2014 1:11:10pmcomplanboy Wrote:  How about 4-5 possible solutions are decided upon, and then have people choose 1 out of them? For this, I think the polling booth can be put into use(if someone has not suggested it already)

monkey Wrote:
February 20, 2014 12:09:18pm pid=403256

Then they shouldn't be complaining if they cant get anywhere, no one is forcing them to stay at level 5, it takes time and Dedication to get anywhere, if they cant be bother to trains, why should the hard working trainer suffer because they ARE to LAZY to work for it.

also what I was going on this morning, the new trainers nowaday have a much easier then the trainers (like Zapdos and me) did when we started, there wasn't any pokemon at level 300 when I started, and the site was MAJORLY slow too, compared to now, so if...

1. The New Trainers would actually trains instead of getting on Chat/pming trainer and begging people to trains for them all the time, they will have a 1k pokemon in no time

2. They cant be bother to trains themselves, then they should paid for the training, now there are tons of trainer that will trains for prizes (back when I started there was hardly any trainer, and if there was they trains for 15k coin per billion worth of exp, so be grateful that the rating went down to 30 coins per billion worth of exp, and that because of all the high level pokemon, if the level does goes down, dont be surprise that rating for training go back up again, and the new player will not be able to get any training, because they dont have coins/pokemons for training). but it gets annoying that 90% of new player think everything should be given to them on a silver platter, I can't count how many time I gotten a pm from new players asking for free training or free pokemon.

3. Now there also more choice on where you can trains where as it was back when I join, tthere was only The first row and second row in the NPC fight, there was no Professional Trainer or Zapmolcuno at that time, so it much easier to get high level now for new players.

4. Back then the site majorly lagged, it takes like a minute or longer to load one page, now it takes like a couple second to load a page (with a occasional lag here and there).

so in conclusion, the New players have it much easier to get places, then the old player, so if they cant puts a little effort in to it, why should the Advance Trainer have to suffer.

also Da Man, what help "Ruins" the Level bit, was all those Bonus exp day, when something bad happen to site, we got 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x or 7x bonus exp, when we didn't really need them, when the site got real laggy or when the site was down, what you should do instead of get bonus exp, you should makes the promos be a rare legendary pokemon that last for 1 day or less. But if you Have to give us Bonus Exp, dont makes them last several days, like one day is at 5x, and then the next day you lower it down to 3x, and then the next again, you lower it down to 2x, just makes it last one day and that it.

Made by: Levi Rivalle
^^^Sig made by Harmony.|GlitterShinx was make by DarkVortex
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
^^^ Made by me.
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
^^^Userbar and Cloud Shinx/Luxio/LuxrayMade by MaD_Roby
Thank this message
Thread Locked

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]