Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - General Discussions < Level Crisis - Better Solutions
Level Crisis - Better Solutions
Favorite Thread Post Reply
June 29, 2014 2:55:41pm (This post was last modified: July 04, 2014 6:07:19pm by Da Man.)
[-]
There is a level crisis in Pokemon Creed.

What is the level crisis? It is where a level 1,000 Pokemon is becoming less and less valuable. Soon, a level 5,000 pokemon will be less valuable. This is because trainers are getting higher and higher level Pokemon and it becomes easier for them to train level 1,000 Pokemon in a matter of minutes.

The solution?

One solution I thought of was prestiging, but it held too many mixed opinions, so let's forget about prestiging? (or maybe have prestiging as an OPTIONAL feature - but it can be discussed later as it is irrelevant).
Old thread: [you must login to view links]

So, I've thought of another solution, add a battling level cap.

Solution #1: Level Cap Solution:

The 20th highest level Pokemon in game is 29,194.

The level cap (for your roster) will be level 30,000 for NPCs such as the mysterious trainer and battle towers. This means every single Pokemon but 19 Pokemon will be able to fight the Mysterious Trainer. Any Pokemon in the roster of level 30,000 or over will be unable to battle. So that means, you could fight a level 300,000 Pokemon but not a level 600,000 NPC.

There will be NO level limit/cap for your Pokemon, however while fighting any NPC (non-player character), any of your Pokemon that exceeds level 30,000 will be unable to battle.

Solution #2: Max NPC EXP solution:
Have an EXP cap. The max exp gainable per Pokemon faintable will be equivalent of a level 300,000 Pokemon fainting.

This EXP cap will not apply to non-NPC Pokemon. IMO, this is much better than the other solution.

Solution #3: NPC = less exp:
Battling NPCs will give you 10% of the usual EXP. If you fight a player, you will get a normal amount of EXP.
--

Solution #4: N/A

--
Solution #5: Max NPC Level:
The Max NPC level will be 300,000. No other NPCs will be of higher level.
For Battle Towers, the maximum Pokemon allowed will be 30,000.
--
Solution #6: New Formulas:
Judging from the replies, I guess I will try make new formulas and change the battle system slightly. That might fix it all without having to apply any of the other solutions! :)

These will be pretty easy and quick to implement (unlike prestiging).
I think Solution #2 and Solution #1 are the best solutions.

One way or another, I will need to implement a solution.

With any of the solutions above, removing the trade cap (and auction level cap) may be possible as levels won't be overpowered anymore. However, I may make it so that people cannot trade until they have battled and obtained 16 gym badges (the first 2 regions) or something like that to give a challenge to new players.

What do you think?

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
June 29, 2014 3:27:01pm (This post was last modified: June 29, 2014 3:27:33pm by jamesdomingo.)
[-]
Solution 1 - If the maximum level cap for NPC is 30,000+, how do the players level up their pokemons?
I am unsure about this solution

I do not mind solution 2, however, there are some questions I have.
For the max npc experience, would the experience required to level up be the same?

Solution 3 - Would you need to battle yourself to get the same amount of experience as the Mysterious Trainer? Or will the experience gain be lowered?
I am asking if you need to battle yourself because there are players who have a massive level difference and they can not battle anyone, but themselves.
I am not completely sure about this solution either.

Solution 4 - I do not like this solution.

Overall, the best solution I see would be solution 2.
But I am not completely in favor of this change.

[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
June 29, 2014 5:09:47pm
[-]
IMO, option 2 is the best. Although I was thinking a combination of options 2 and 3 would help with the crisis by a lot.

[you must login to view links] <---Best contest answer ever!
[you must login to view links] <---
[you must login to view links] <--- Dre iz big fan.
^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
^Shard. :3
^Made dat. :3
^I made that, too . :3
Thank this message
June 30, 2014 12:00:13am
[-]
I like solution 2 the best but if we do remove the trading cap the badges should be higher ( like 40 as an even harder challenge so people dont give 5k pokes to people with pokemon only level 100 or so with 16 badges

Or you could make a maximum for npc like 300,000 npc is the max level after that npc wont level anymore but everyone can fight npc

[you must login to view links] - Shop
[you must login to view links] -Training
Thank this message
June 30, 2014 2:00:09am
[-]
I think that number 2 is the best idea. If you also remove the trading cap, then you will need to have new players get all the badges before they are able to trade with anyone. Sort of like a post-game reward.

Birthday is January 19.Hope I get gifts

[you must login to view images] Thanks Shinxey/Amy Rose
Thank this message
June 30, 2014 9:16:11am
[-]
Option 2 will be best, but if something about this Level Crisis happens, I will quit the game.

It will be unfair, because then if we want to advance to higher rank in Pokemon Rankings, it will be hard, because we will gain levels at very slow rate.

Just think of it, if (lets assume) zapdos quits the game, and now I want to overtake his position. It will be easy for me, since I will get 1 level per battle, but because of the cap, I will get 1 level in like 10-12 battles. People who already have high-leveled pokemon will have a very clear advantage...

Another downside is that it will be very un-motivating.
Right now, I train because I believe that if I train hard, I will get even more exp which will mean that I can complete training jobs faster and such. But, if this is implemented, then I will see no reason to train, because then no matter how high my pokemon's level will be, I will get same experience.

And then, people won't train their pokemon and just wait for training jobs, and since there will e no use of high-leveled pokemon, nobody will even ask for training...

This will finish training from this game(that's what I think)

My question is that why do we even need to preserve value of Pokemon of level 1000?

>>The CHAMP is HERE<<
Thank this message
June 30, 2014 6:47:33pm (This post was last modified: June 30, 2014 6:54:54pm by Frozen Fury.)
[-]
Personally, I believe "Option One" is the best to-do for the simple fact it doesn't change game play just opens more limits.
-Frozen Fury

Frozen Fury
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] [you must login to view images]
Thank this message
June 30, 2014 6:49:26pm
[-]
[glow=cyan]Personally, I believe "Option One" is the best to-do for the simple fact it doesn't change game play just opens more limits.
-Frozen Fury
[/align]

Frozen Fury
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] [you must login to view images]
Thank this message
June 30, 2014 7:31:08pm
[-]
Thanks for talking about my Pokemon :P I like Solution 2 the most, but I'm too sure whether I can agree on any. Sure, the current EXP gain provides some competition to see who can gain the most, but it just creates too much competition, since alot of people can just pay their way nowadays to as much as 35k, and then people who trained their Pokemon alot on their own get a little ticked off about it. #2 would relieve some of it, but it would make leveling Pokemon partially obsolete.

An early birthday gift from adamwilson! :3

[you must login to view images] made by theman1357
Made by Mother Espeon (thank you :3)

made by blackheartwarrior :)

Made be complanboy :)

[you must login to view images]Made by kyogy :)
[you must login to view images] made by Moderator mark :)
made by kyogy :)
[img]http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y384/spensiee/my%20best%20sprites/zorua_2_zpsb68122a2.png[/img
Thank this message
July 01, 2014 4:21:52pm
[-]
I'm agreeing with Da Man on this one, I just really dislike Level caps though XD

Prepare for the makeover!

GLITTER FORCE MAKEOVER!!!

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

A force as strong as life itself! I'm Glitter Spring!

Okay now that THAT'S over with.
[you must login to view images] "Here we go."
[you must login to view images] <-That's pretty much a Midi made by Sans.
Thank this message
July 06, 2014 12:48:38pm
[-]
I mean, it's only natural that level 1000s will eventually lose value as newer, and better pokemon are easier to be trained.
It's like economics, in a sense; so many new level 1000s are being introduced into a uncontrolled community (meaning there's no limit to the number of people playing), so it's going to lose value, but that may not necessarily be a bad thing. If level 1000s, right now, are worth around 50 coins, it'll be pretty easy for a new player to buy a level 1000, and use that to train. Eventually, it'll happen again with level 2000, then 3000, etc. But the first time this presented a problem was after 342,270 members already joined, so it's going to take a while before the level 2000s are going to significantly lose value.

With that being said, if you still would like to patch the problem, solutions 1 or 2 would yield the same results, and would overall be more effective.

Solution 3's flaw is that if you still get less exp while battling npcs, nothing stopping you from battling a trainer with 2x the level as you, or just battling yourself. This'll just hurt all players, rather than players with pokemon with extremely high level.

Solution 5's flaw is that it no one really trains via Towers, and if you take away the towers, it's exactly the same 1st solution.

Solution 6's flaw is that this idea can get very complicated, I may be wrong, but I can't really think of a formula that would remedy the problem, mostly because I'm not too sure of the current formula. If I do figure it, I'll edit this post with a formula that might work, and how it would fix the current problem.

In my opinion, raising the level cap to allow new players to get level 1000s easier would be the best course of action, but meh, not my call.

Thank this message
July 13, 2014 3:53:35am
[-]
i like option 1 , 2 and 6 since im a begginning trainer i am able to see how easy it is to level up and within and hour of decet training im up a goodf 150 lvs so id prefer option 6 but 1 and 2 would be good for the creed as a whole
Thank this message
July 13, 2014 11:48:35am
[-]
As being a trainer for a long yime, i would prefer either 3/6/1 as the option as for 3 it is good that u get 10% of what u get but it become harder to train ur main.

Thank this message
July 13, 2014 11:25:22pm
[-]
I believe Option 6 is best, because that doesn't screw the "other" 19 pokemon over.

Thank this message
July 15, 2014 8:08:44am
[-]
for right now till one gets implemented a couple experienced players including myself, and a majority of the top 20 trainers list have decided to only train for 75 worth per B instead of usual 20 coins. that way training is still enjoyable and yields a nice profit for the trainers
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,181 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]