Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < A mixed bag of several ideas
A mixed bag of several ideas
Favorite Thread Post Reply
November 24, 2014 3:14:27pm
[-]
I'd like to start off by asking: please excuse me if any of these ideas have indeed been suggested in the (distant) past. I tried flipping back a bit in the forums, but there are a lot of pages (great job to everyone brainstorming, though!) !
As I've become accustomed to the game play, I've tried to keep a close eye on areas that feel as though they are "lacking" something, and jotted down a few ideas (below). Because every community is different, I'll list them all and see what everyone else feels inclined to enjoy in a game.

1) The elephant in the room seems to be traveling between cities; there isn't much of a reason to do so at this time, so here are a few things I've tried to pull out of my (ever so bizarre) mind:

• NPCs at each town that provide you with battle points. As you travel, they may become more difficult and award you with more (i.e. the first couple may only award 500 bp). In order for you to rebattle them, you'd need to complete all the islands and then start again at the first region. The coding could be effectively the same as the NPCS in their own corner; base it upon your team's level.
  • The more obvious one; making each one have their own unique buildings and such (i.e. in New Bark have mom's house where she gives a newbie their money and Pokeballs that we start off with, the professor has Pokedex's quests (not the same as the lab)). This would be a lot of time and coding involved, though.

2) Perhaps Pokemon facts while we wander through the maps? I've stepped in enough dog poo for one lifetime.
3) Mentorship program. A newbie can put their name in and be paired up with an older member. I've met a lot of older members with patience who have been a great mentor; but what if I was more shy? This would (hopefully) do a few things: ease a bit of the work on the mods' parts; newbies would be able to have someone to go to in order to ask questions and learn more about how the community functions, and would create a bit more of a cohesive community that keeps people around. Mentors would need to qualify either with seniority or trainer level, and this could either feature an actual application where each user is paired up based on similar interests, or a simple "put your name in and the computer with spit one out for you".
4) Clan tournaments? Excuse me if I'm ignorant of past goings on, but clans seem to have one method of competition. What about gaming high scores? Or whichever one captures this many of such and such Pokemon is the monthly winner?
5) A story line, happenings that we can engage in. At first, this can seem like a lot to keep coming up with ideas; but why not hold staff competitions once in awhile when the ideas dwindle of who can come up with the best story line? Community involvement, and a bit more immersive game play
6) Random events? We have to refresh enough while mindlessly defeating that Prinplup. Why not once in awhile be pleasantly surprised by "oh, look, is that a Pokeball on the ground? Yours now!" and "Mew appears, seemingly interested in you. As you ready your masterball, it flys off!". Some being more silly, some having an item or money, just something that makes you continue to want to click and click and click hahaha.
7) Last one, promise! Game ideas!

• Sudoku
  • I'm a bit of a sucker for games that can also teach you something while seeming like mindless clicking...I have two ideas in this respect: A math sort of game; see how many (easy) addition, multiplication, subtraction problems you can solve in a certain amount of time. The real kicker will be that high scores aren't based off how many, but how many times you've defeated your own record. Here's my logic: those who aren't the best at math are the ones who will benefit the most out of this. You don't want people just getting discourage because they're not good at math and the high scores are unobtainable. Yes, the strategy for most will be to get one right, get one wrong, get two right, get one wrong. That's fine. Good, actually; you're making users complete more problems. That's the real goal of the game. Eventually, everyone will begin to come to a dead end with this strategy. Our brain works similarly to our body in a lot of ways; you need to exercise each part of it as you'd exercise a muscle group. Although these questions won't be overly advanced, it's still making you do math! Secondly, perhaps a matching game of sorts that teaches you survival language in [insert language(/s) here]. Simple words such as "help", "hungry", etc. On the cards, have Pokemon artwork. At least this way, when you go to look up the words to hear them, the image of the words will be ingrained into your brain, and hopefully while you're in [insert country here], you can call for help in a way that people may actually pay attention!

So, please, critiques; a way to shape these in any way? Hopefully I've come up with some things that can help enhance the site! I've certainly enjoyed my time here so far!

Thank this message This post was thanked once.
Quote this message in a reply
November 25, 2014 11:46:01pm
[-]
Hmm. Sounds cool! Nice thread! Btw, someone already suggested that idea of getting battle points through Npc fights. Though nice thinking!

Profile Hits:
[you must login to view images]

Thank this message
November 26, 2014 2:50:27am
[-]
Thank you! Having one per town as well?
Thank this message
November 26, 2014 10:15:37am
[-]
Yeh it sounds good :) Oh and by the way most people don't battle the prinplup,we battle the mews.PM me if you wanna know how.' I've met a lot of older members with patience who have been a great mentor;'Are you talking about me :3?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click below to take a real wish!

My Pokemon Training Center

Thank this message
November 26, 2014 11:15:02am
[-]
Yeh poopoo in right all good players train against a mysterious Trainer's mews that are 10 x level of ur poke whereas prinplup is only 2 x level of ur poke, way ore exp lol!

credit goes to Arceusboy for creating the awesome art on my main and on my storage :D thanks buddy! :D

My forever thanks goes to Epul for training my ShinyGolurk 42T exp, thanks mate forever!

MY STORAGE:
GammyStorage (first creed account)

Friends/Helpful People

Spoiler:
Epul
Equestrian234
Mysterious Garden
Kaurav
Brando02
Zapdos
GrimReaper
LegendaryCollector
Yathinsrao
EliteBOY
Adilkhan/King is Back
lugia warrior
Serah
IM Challenger

Thank this message
December 08, 2014 9:18:34pm
[-]
Yes, PP, you, as well as several others I have met :)

I just have to level everyone up enough to access the Mews, unfortunately.
Thank this message
December 08, 2014 9:20:19pm
[-]
I like numbers 2-5, they all bring a lot to the table.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Thank this message
December 09, 2014 11:47:51am
[-]
1: 8.5/10, the fact is we're too engrossed in Mews to actually do something that grants BP.
2: 9.5/10. Too much dog poo isn't healthy.
3: 7.5/10. Not sure how it'll work.
4: 8.5/10. Again, too engrossed in the Mews.
5: 8/10. I FTL like a boss, better than I train, at least.
6: 4/10 We have the lucky dip already, why add more stuff to the table? Don't wanna see any coin inflation, y'know?
7: 9.8/10. Edutainment is amazing when used correctly.

Thank this message
December 12, 2014 2:22:15pm
[-]
I would absolutely love pokemon facts on the maps, I've found too many buckets than can be healthy for the environment, and stepped in farrr too much dog crap. The current games are getting stale, so sudoku and others would be awesome additions! 10/10 !

~Shiny

Check out my Shiny+ Shop!
Toss some coins in my well?

Training any Pokemon to level 500 for free.
Training any Pokemon to level 1000 for 10 coins apiece.
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,181 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]