Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < New Games Corner Features.
New Games Corner Features.
Favorite Thread Post Reply
December 23, 2015 12:25:55am (This post was last modified: December 24, 2015 12:24:05am by PokeMaster1010.)
[-]
I have recently been thinking of ways to improve the Games Corner. Here are some of my ideas:
1. Hangman. In the game you guess the name of a Pokemon and its more than likely it will be colored. Lets say every time, not just you but every creed player played a game of hangman, there was a counter that kept track. And every 5000 plays, a random Pokemon that is not yet owned by a single player, would be gifted to all the players who contributed a certain amount of guesses. (This idea is subject to change)
2. Dungeon. (NOTE: All credit of this idea goes to Zeek Wolfe, Please go see his article for a more in-depth wording.) You could fish in the dungeon. Rather than just using rods for the fishing contest, you would catch and keep the Pokemon caught, as you can't fish on normal maps. There would be other tools to assist in catching/fishing water Pokemon. Items like nets(differing sizes), cages, etc., and the other tools used, changed the outcome of the Pokemon that could be caught. Lower leveled tools caught lower leveled Pokemon. Same for high leveled items.
3. New game: Pokemon cries(Like its call, not like crying ) This is a new game where you have 90 seconds to identify as many Pokemon cries as possible. I do recognize there are few, very few Pokemon who share a very similar cry, and in which cases, both answers are acceptable. Like WTP, you cannot proceed to a new guess until guessing the present, cry. The clock starts after you correctly guess the first cry. Just like the fishing Contest, WPT, etc, there is a prize for the winner(whoever guesses the most correct) at the end of the day.
Thoughts?

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
December 23, 2015 5:55:33am
[-]
Thanks for the credit, though I think you may have slightly misunderstood part of my fishing suggestion. Though I don't blame you for that, I got the feeling I was being a tad vague when I wrote it to begin with. Instead of going overboard on the details of that here, I'll update my original thread and you can view it there... If receiving pokemon from the games mentioned, there will need to be a way to prevent you from obtaining rare pokemon this way. Currently the names spelt out in these games is generally randomized and more often than not they're colored. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful idea and I'd love to be able to win pokemon this way. However, I don't think it's thought out very well. If obtaining colored/rare pokemon was as easy as playing hangman 50 times then everyone will stop everything hard and just play hangman all day. The stick figure death toll would be astronomical and owning colored pokemon would be so common that rarity would be a thing of the past. It's a good idea, but put a little more thought into how this would work in a practical sense. For now I'd give it a 6/10, I'll check back later to if you've got some more detail and I'll re-rate it.
Thank this message
December 23, 2015 6:39:48pm (This post was last modified: December 23, 2015 6:40:41pm by GrimReaper.)
[-]
honestly I have to agree with Zeek here on the games part, if obtaining rare pokemon that what ever the pokemon by win 50 hangman will ruined the rarity and the game, my idea is after let say 1000 wins, you win a pokemon design for the game only for example back in 2011 or 2012 during the Olympic, Da Man make is so whoever won first place each days in the Fishing contest during the whole Olympic will get a CursedDeoxys, so for your idea to work is have to be the same pokemon that everyone can wins, if they puts the time and energy into it, and one that not in the game yet to keep the rarity the same, for example RainbowDuskull.

[you must login to view images]
Made by: Levi Rivalle
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images]
^^^Sig made by Harmony.|GlitterShinx was make by DarkVortex
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
^^^ Made by me.
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
^^^Userbar and Cloud Shinx/Luxio/LuxrayMade by MaD_Roby
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images]
Thank this message
December 23, 2015 8:44:11pm (This post was last modified: December 23, 2015 9:33:22pm by PokeMaster1010.)
[-]
OK, thanks for the feedback. I can see now how unrealistic it would be to just play some hangman and how obtaining rare Pokemon would be that much easier. Zeek, I will go back to your article and reread it but, if you just would rather me take that section off my thread, I would understand. I have thoroughly gone and add/edited this thread to take my ideas to a life-like level. I appreciate criticism so don't hold back.
Thank this message
December 23, 2015 10:55:34pm
[-]
It's fine, I don't mind having it mentioned here, might get a bit more attention and thus have a higher chance of being used.
I definitely think the updates to your idea are far more practical. Though I do think it's has a bit of a mass produced feel to it. From what I understand all people who played hangman and all together total 5000 games then all get the same random pokemon? This is certainly a step up from handing out rare pokemon like they're Halloween candy. Where it doesn't seem good is that there will suddenly be a major increase in how many of the awarded pokemon exist. You want to reward players with pokemon that can't be obtained in maps or random swap I assume? If those pokemon started being handed out in droves then some breeders would sort of be knocked out of a job. Regardless I think it works the way you've now improved on it despite a few small flaws, of course everything has it's fair share of kinks to work out. 8.7/10
As for the new game of deciphering pokemon cries, it sounds practical enough especially by following an already established premise like Who's That Pokemon. I'm glad to see you've thought to give out a bit more of a prize for it. How many people can actually decipher the cries of over 700 different creatures...? It'll be much harder than most of the other games and a new challenge for anyone willing to take it on. If it had a low payout people would logically choose to stick to easier games that reward them the same, which would make the game just a random space filler and not worth adding. 9/10
I try not to simply criticize as that can be rather useless, but criticism mixed with examples of things done right tends to make things easier.
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]