Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < Removal of 50/50's
Removal of 50/50's
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Removal of 50/50's
March 16, 2016 11:17:09pm
[-]
Note I deleted the duplicate posts that was exactly the same in this thread.

[you must login to view images]
Made by: Levi Rivalle
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images]
^^^Sig made by Harmony.|GlitterShinx was make by DarkVortex
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
^^^ Made by me.
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
^^^Userbar and Cloud Shinx/Luxio/LuxrayMade by MaD_Roby
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
March 16, 2016 11:32:22pm
[-]
Hitclown, I can't tell who you're trying to quote and where, I know at least half of those things I didn't say... If you want to quote someone, clicking the reply button at the bottom of their post is the easiest way to do so, or you could add the coding for quotes to your post manually (that's the hard way). Though for multiple quotes it would probably be easiest to just write their name next to a copy and paste of their words. From what I can gather from your post you seem to agree with me...?
Thank this message
March 17, 2016 10:48:44am (This post was last modified: March 17, 2016 10:50:46am by RedHatred.)
[-]
Removal of 50/50's
Hitclown you can see people like grim, zapdos, LadyK and vicky they don't 50/50 alot that's why well they own 70% of the best pokes ig unlike when we 50/50 we just lose what we have earned, I think you will agree with me on this point and one more thing don't go assuming things

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
March 17, 2016 2:17:21pm
[-]
March 16, 2016 1:51:25amZeek Wolffe Wrote:  I disagree. 50/50s are fun to do, it's a good way to earn coins, items and pokemon if you can find someone willing to do them with you. Fact is people are going to whine about something no matter what partially because Creed is not perfect, there will always be room for improvement, and partially because humans as a species are flawed. As stated previously, if someone doesn't want to lose their stuff they simply shouldn't gamble and if they choose to do so only to begin whining about losing, it's easy to just ignore them. Isn't that what the block feature is for? Is that not what the chat moderators are for? If they want to quit let them, often times those who shout from rooftops about quitting are just trying to get attention and end up coming back anyway. If you don't want to create a monster, then don't feed the beast. We all have freewill, and those who don't understand they did it to themselves should be left to cry wolf alone. Why should those who enjoy gambling and don't whine about it have to suffer from the removal of a game feature just because there's a group of sore losers out there? And what will become of the 50/50 achievements?

Are you talking about where you said to make trades limited? Because I don't see anything else you could be talking about. The reason why I didn't say anything about that is because that's just plain a bad idea and I didn't want to waste time going into detail on it. Limiting trades would only hinder players from being about to do whatever they'd like with their Pokemon. It's their Pokemon, they should be able to do what they want with it within the confines of the game.

For starters you're not even specific on how you'd limit trades... All I can assume is that you mean preventing people from trading more than one or two Pokemon at a time, items, or no more than a certain number of coins, money or points. If that's what your intent is, then that's terrible.

For example... Say, my friend asked me to train 10 Pokemon for them at the same time. If trades are limited I'll then either have to send those Pokemon to them individually through the gifting system which will then take 10x longer than a single trade would take or I would have to create several trades which takes just as long if not longer. It's far more convenient to simply create one trade with multiple Pokemon.

As for the notion of only limiting 50/50 trades. This would also be pretty redundant. Say, the person you're trading with has a Pokemon that is worth a lot more than only one of the Pokemon you're going to trade them. If you're trying to be a reasonable trader, you'll add a combination of however many Pokemon/items/currencies necessary to equal what the other Pokemon is worth. If trades are limited, you probably won't be able to do that.

We already have trade caps, do we really need any more regulation than that?

The only half-baked reason you guys have for getting rid of 50/50s seems to be whining about other people who whine because they're sore losers. I'm sorry, that's just not a convincing reason, especially when you're basically doing the same thing they're doing over something you could easily ignore!

I'd probably be willing to take your side if you had a better point, but it's so easy to ignore the only problem you're all going on about that it looks really pointless to remove 50/50s and it would probably do more harm than good.

VERY WELL SAID.

IMO, people will always say something about anything. a knife itself was invented for good reasons, but it can also be used for bad reasons by those who thinks maliciously. normally, people with a negative attitude almost usually see the bad in anything, while people with good attitude will always see the beauty in the most rotten place. it is only a state of mind. what you say, think or do will tell who you really are.

Thank this message
March 17, 2016 3:07:22pm
[-]
Hmm so another suggestion is that there should be a straight ban for those who whine after losing

Thank this message
March 17, 2016 5:03:37pm (This post was last modified: March 17, 2016 11:21:20pm by Zeek Wolffe.)
[-]
Removal of 50/50's
March 17, 2016 3:07:22pmRedHatred Wrote:  Hmm so another suggestion is that there should be a straight ban for those who whine after losing

Ban people for whining...? Are you serious...? That's even worse than limiting trades! Do I really even need to explain in detail why that's bad? That's like banning someone for having a different favorite color than you.

People will always have something to whine and beg over and there's nothing you could do that would prevent that from ever happening. Banning every single person who whines or begs will end up leaving at a minimum 30% or more of players banned. You think Creed is failing now just because Da Man doesn't update, just wait until nearly half the players disappear for a ridiculous reason! Do you think new players will want to stick around if they see everyone getting kicked out over something so stupid and easy to ignore?!

I've said all I can say about this absurdity. As a whole it's a really bad idea and it's progressively getting worse. If the majority of players really want to do this, do it, but good luck avoiding any massive backlash...
Thank this message
March 18, 2016 3:54:31pm (This post was last modified: March 18, 2016 3:57:47pm by RedHatred.)
[-]
Removal of 50/50's
March 17, 2016 5:03:37pmZeek Wolffe Wrote:  
RedHatred Wrote:
March 17, 2016 3:07:22pm pid=561786
Hmm so another suggestion is that there should be a straight ban for those who whine after losing

Ban people for whining...? Are you serious...? That's even worse than limiting trades! Do I really even need to explain in detail why that's bad? That's like banning someone for having a different favorite color than you.

People will always have something to whine and beg over and there's nothing you could do that would prevent that from ever happening. Banning every single person who whines or begs will end up leaving at a minimum 30% or more of players banned. You think Creed is failing now just because Da Man doesn't update, just wait until nearly half the players disappear for a ridiculous reason! Do you think new players will want to stick around if they see everyone getting kicked out over something so stupid and easy to ignore?!

I've said all I can say about this absurdity. As a whole it's a really bad idea and it's progressively getting worse. If the majority of players really want to do this, do it, but good luck avoiding any massive backlash...

Don't you think that once a person decides to 50/50 he does it on his own free will so if he losing he shouldn't go weeping over them and for there are many less of the people who enjoy just 50/50ing winning or losing doesn't matter to them i think you understand that point at the very least :)

PS. Likewise your reasons do have solid grounds. I appreciate them xD

Thank this message
March 18, 2016 7:32:56pm
[-]
"Don't you think that once a person decides to 50/50 he does it on his own free will so if he losing he shouldn't go weeping over them and for there are many less of the people who enjoy just 50/50ing winning or losing doesn't matter to them i think you understand that point at the very least :)"

I'll try to explain this one last time, because clearly English must not be your first language seeing as my overall point seems to have just flown right over your head... If you don't get it this time then all I can assume is you're purposely blinding yourself from facts and in that case there's absolutely no reason for this conversation continuing anyway.

You literally just said exactly what I said about 5 times already, so least I know you're about half way there... Yes, people have freewill, yes the occasional begging/whining can be annoying and if everyone had an identically accurate moral compass it would not be done. However, because we are all humans, the begging and whining will continue in some form or another regardless of regulation (this is the biggest reason why it is pointless to ban people for whining/begging). Regulating trades or bets is not the answer either because that will not only damage the trading system itself, but also cause a major inconvenience to every player who ever trades anything. Removing 50/50s will not stop the begging and whining, people will just find something else to beg/whine about because humans are only human and it's part of being human to look for the easy way to do everything.

You've acknowledged that those who gamble had a choice in the matter, and that those who whine are also making a choice to whine over their choice to gamble. Yet, you're not acknowledging your own free will! You have a choice of whether you want to pay attention to the whining/begging or not, and a choice in whether said whining/begging is even annoying to you to begin with. Your ONLY reason to want to destroy a feature within the game, destroy the trading system, and/or ban tons of players is that YOU personally find them annoying and have evidently made the choice to not ignore them and this then allows them to annoy you. (Which is your own choice! You could have chosen to find them entertaining instead, you're the one who decided that they annoy you.) There are plenty of ways to not have to pay attention to the whining/begging. Forcing the entire game to suffer over something you could easily choose of your own free will to ignore is selfish, hypocritical, and just plain wrong.

The solution to people begging/whining is simple... If you don't like it, ignore them, they'll usually go away after a while. Also, there are plenty of options within the game that give you an option to do so automatically. When you don't ignore them you're giving them exactly what they want, which is most commonly your attention. Usually they just want someone to cry to, and if they ask for stuff you have absolutely no obligation to give to them anything, in fact you don't even have to listen to their crying either. If you are listening to whining and begging, then you're the one who decided to do so, if you give them free stuff, that was your choice. You made that choice all on you own just like they made the choice to gamble even with the risk of losing and proceeded to make the second choice of whining about.

Just put your big boy hat on and stop letting those things bother you. The game doesn't need to make massive changes just because you apparently find it to hard to ignore whining and begging. What's worse is that changing the game this way won't even do anything to actually solve that issue, in fact it might even make it worse.

If you take away everything 50/50 there will probably be some complaining about that...

If you break the trading system which already isn't perfect, but would be much worse with even more limitations, there will be way more complaining about that...

If you start banning people for begging/whining, you might as well give Creed a death sentence right now... Do we really need to lose more players just because some people find them annoying...?
Thank this message
March 22, 2016 5:40:42am (This post was last modified: March 22, 2016 5:44:01am by RedHatred.)
[-]
Removal of 50/50's
March 18, 2016 7:32:56pmZeek Wolffe Wrote:  "Don't you think that once a person decides to 50/50 he does it on his own free will so if he losing he shouldn't go weeping over them and for there are many less of the people who enjoy just 50/50ing winning or losing doesn't matter to them i think you understand that point at the very least :)"

I'll try to explain this one last time, because clearly English must not be your first language seeing as my overall point seems to have just flown right over your head... If you don't get it this time then all I can assume is you're purposely blinding yourself from facts and in that case there's absolutely no reason for this conversation continuing anyway.

You literally just said exactly what I said about 5 times already, so least I know you're about half way there... Yes, people have freewill, yes the occasional begging/whining can be annoying and if everyone had an identically accurate moral compass it would not be done. However, because we are all humans, the begging and whining will continue in some form or another regardless of regulation (this is the biggest reason why it is pointless to ban people for whining/begging). Regulating trades or bets is not the answer either because that will not only damage the trading system itself, but also cause a major inconvenience to every player who ever trades anything. Removing 50/50s will not stop the begging and whining, people will just find something else to beg/whine about because humans are only human and it's part of being human to look for the easy way to do everything.

You've acknowledged that those who gamble had a choice in the matter, and that those who whine are also making a choice to whine over their choice to gamble. Yet, you're not acknowledging your own free will! You have a choice of whether you want to pay attention to the whining/begging or not, and a choice in whether said whining/begging is even annoying to you to begin with. Your ONLY reason to want to destroy a feature within the game, destroy the trading system, and/or ban tons of players is that YOU personally find them annoying and have evidently made the choice to not ignore them and this then allows them to annoy you. (Which is your own choice! You could have chosen to find them entertaining instead, you're the one who decided that they annoy you.) There are plenty of ways to not have to pay attention to the whining/begging. Forcing the entire game to suffer over something you could easily choose of your own free will to ignore is selfish, hypocritical, and just plain wrong.

The solution to people begging/whining is simple... If you don't like it, ignore them, they'll usually go away after a while. Also, there are plenty of options within the game that give you an option to do so automatically. When you don't ignore them you're giving them exactly what they want, which is most commonly your attention. Usually they just want someone to cry to, and if they ask for stuff you have absolutely no obligation to give to them anything, in fact you don't even have to listen to their crying either. If you are listening to whining and begging, then you're the one who decided to do so, if you give them free stuff, that was your choice. You made that choice all on you own just like they made the choice to gamble even with the risk of losing and proceeded to make the second choice of whining about.

Just put your big boy hat on and stop letting those things bother you. The game doesn't need to make massive changes just because you apparently find it to hard to ignore whining and begging. What's worse is that changing the game this way won't even do anything to actually solve that issue, in fact it might even make it worse.

If you take away everything 50/50 there will probably be some complaining about that...

If you break the trading system which already isn't perfect, but would be much worse with even more limitations, there will be way more complaining about that...

If you start banning people for begging/whining, you might as well give Creed a death sentence right now... Do we really need to lose more players just because some people find them annoying...?

Well tbh I just skip through half the lines, but got your point + I don't have a big boy hat cause I am not one and English is my first language so don't go assuming things :)

Thank this message
March 22, 2016 7:58:51am
[-]
It's fun and a quick way to be rich in a way. BUT it's also a quick way to lose also.

One thing I am annoyed about tho, is when I win against people they beg me for some stuff back. Not my fault I win.

But my suggestion is - Don't 50/50. Very simple

Thank this message
March 22, 2016 12:36:29pm (This post was last modified: March 22, 2016 12:37:59pm by yathinsrao.)
[-]
Removal of 50/50's
March 17, 2016 10:48:44amRedHatred Wrote:  Hitclown you can see people like grim, zapdos, LadyK and vicky they don't 50/50 alot that's why well they own 70% of the best pokes ig unlike when we 50/50 we just lose what we have earned, I think you will agree with me on this point and one more thing don't go assuming things

Exactly! They have some cool pokes and all we get to do is watch! They probably joined much before us! The only way i can get that is training or paying them something really cool. But we don't have rare's cause we were late comers of this game.

So maybe training? No. I can't give zapdos training. LadyK- She(i assume) is inactive. And so are all her stuff.
Moreover. Zap did 50/50 with me, raztony long ago. raztony got 600k+ stuff off him and now he has rares cause he traded his pokes/ 50/50ed them.

Lf bug type coloureds !
Thank this message
March 22, 2016 2:59:05pm
[-]
March 22, 2016 7:58:51amAlphaaa Wrote:  It's fun and a quick way to be rich in a way. BUT it's also a quick way to lose also.

One thing I am annoyed about tho, is when I win against people they beg me for some stuff back. Not my fault I win.

But my suggestion is - Don't 50/50. Very simple

Exactly that's what i am trying to say in some damn small lines unlike some people xD

Thank this message
March 22, 2016 3:06:40pm
[-]
Zeek, I agree with like 75% of the things u said but just not the 25%. Thanks alot for some points tho for the future xD

Thank this message
March 22, 2016 3:07:19pm
[-]
March 16, 2016 11:17:09pmGrimReaper Wrote:  Note I deleted the duplicate posts that was exactly the same in this thread.

Thanks grim :)

Thank this message
March 22, 2016 3:48:57pm
[-]
Its cool if you lose homestly i dont care its life its also my dogs birthday today
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]