Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < Status Effects
Status Effects
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Status Effects
December 01, 2018 1:42:36am
[-]
Status Effects
I'm 85% positive this has been suggested before, but I can't find the forum post anymore.

So, I had an idea to introduce status effects. (Paralyze, Sleep, Burn, etc)

These work exactly like the main game and can be introduced via TMs or Pokemon Moves.

Paralyze - If a Pokemon is hit with a move that has a chance to make the Pokemon Paralyzed (i.e Thundershock has a 5% chance of making the opponent Paralyzed). Once the Opponent has been Paralyzed it becomes slower, but in this case, it can have its damage dealt reduced by 35%. Unless, Da Man changes the battle codes and factors in Pokemon's Speed Stat.

Burn - If a Pokemon is hit with a move that has a chance to make the Pokemon Burnt (i.e Ember, which has a small chance of making the Pokemon Burnt, it works exactly like Poison.)

Frozen - If a Pokemon is hit with a move that has a chance to be Frozen, the Pokemon hit with said move, has a small chance to become frozen. (i.e IceBeam has a small chance for the Pokemon to become Frozen. If the Pokemon is hit with a move that has a chance to cause the Opponents Pokemon to become frozen, said Pokemon is unable to attack for 2 - 5 moves.

Sleep - If a Pokemon is hit with a move that inflects the status 'Sleep' that Pokemon is unable to attack until it wakes up. I believe the status effect 'Sleep' usually lasts around 1 - 5 moves, until it wakes up.

Having these new status effects, could allow us to purchase new Scarfs. Just like the Pecha Scarf we will now have the new following scarfs;

Cheri Scarf - Makes the holder of this item immune to the 'Paralysis' status effect.

Chesto Scarf - Makes the holder of this item immune to the 'Sleep' status effect.

Rawst Scarf - Makes the holder of this item immune to the 'Burn' status effect.

Aspear Scarf - Makes the holder of this item immune to the 'Frozen' status effect.

Obviously, these are just a suggestion. But if anyone has anything to add or even change then post below.

[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
December 01, 2018 2:37:47am
[-]
Sounds good. But I believe, this will change the entire battle system including towers, elite four and etc.

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
December 03, 2018 9:32:08pm
[-]
That is cool.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
December 03, 2018 11:53:30pm
[-]
This message is hidden because this person has been banned.

This person's signature has been hidden because this person has been banned.
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]