Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Graphics Showcase < Battlegrounds Rules and Ratings
Battlegrounds Rules and Ratings
Favorite Thread Post Reply
March 01, 2012 8:09:45pm (This post was last modified: May 17, 2012 8:24:34am by IntrepidMisfortune.)
[-]
Battle to be the best

A new kind of experience has appeared on creed
A way for artists to battle it out
Battle to get your name to the top

Judge Board
IntrepidMisfortune
LucasHyb
AugustSnowe
Antichrist

Rankings
All rankings will be posted here. Work your way to the top and become #1!

Name - (Wins - Losses) Point(s): x

Harmony - Points: 23
Dualot - Points: 13
Antichrist - Points: 8
LucasHyb - Points: 10
IntrepidMisfortune - Points: 1
Dogzilla - Points: 1
Dismouse - Points: 1
Chosen one - Points: 1
Corin - Points: 1
DarkVortex - Points:1

Rules

Procedure Of A Battle

-Create a topic stating that you are wanting a battle.
-Make sure to include information such as themes, size, etc.
-Once someone has accepted your challenge, decide on a deadline.
-When everything has been decided, a member of the judge board will say they are judging
-After the judging, the winner and loser will be given(or lose) points. This will be recorded on the rankings.

Sig Rules

-These are completely decided by the competitors, create your own rules

Ranking System
Points start at 1 point for who's last and each rank increases by 2 points, examples:

2 people
1st: 3 points
2nd: 1 point

3 people
1st: 5 points
2nd: 3 points
3rd: 1 point

4 people
1st: 7 points
2nd: 5 points
3rd: 3 points
4th: 1 point

And so on

These scores will be recorded on the rankings. The one with the highest amount of points will be #1 and the one with the lowest will be at the bottom.

Other Info.

-If a judge is unable to do his/her job for whatever reason, another member of the board
-You will only be entered to the ranks if you compete in a battle. If you have never accepted a challenge by a user, then you will not be in the ranks.
-Judging will start as soon as both entries are submitted.

Have fun and get fighting
Intrep

wanna learn gfx?
V Learn teminology here V
[you must login to view links]
V and dive into my tutorials here V
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
March 04, 2012 3:13:59am (This post was last modified: March 04, 2012 5:07:40am by PyrusFreak.)
[-]
I'm sorry but, why do we need this. This restricts the amount of people that can battle and puts you in as basically the overlord of the creed art community and im sick of it. You started off with some good intentions about this, but now it seems more like you want the art community on here to be a democracy, with rules about battling how many can join and all other things like that, when it shouldnt be like this at all.

Art is a freeflowing and freemoving spirit within all of us and i dont believe that we should be restricted to doing what one person says when doing art work and art battles. also the fact that you want it to be like a competition for the best sickens me, art is meant for fun, relaxation and most of all, to let your spirit out into your work. Not to have it made into some twisted competition where the best graphic designers are left on top, and those who need help to form their art work into what we consider acceptable pieces are left on the bottom, trampled underfoot by those more talented.

I'd advise that you remove this thread if you want the art community to be standalone, where people battle with others to test their skills, not to be the best graphics designer on the forums, art isnt about that.

~Sincerely, Pyrusfreak.

I do realise most of what i've said may not have been what you intended, however i did write this at around 4am and was getting exceedingly stressed out due to all of my programs crashing on me, so if you have different views or if this enrages you somehow, i'm sorry.

[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
March 04, 2012 4:54:43am
[-]
"March 03, 2012 10:13:59pm""PyrusFreak" Wrote:  I'm sorry but, why do we need this. This restricts the amount of people that can battle and puts you in as basically the overlord of the creed art community and im sick of it. You started off with some good intentions about this, but now it seems more like you want the art community on here to be a democracy, with rules about battling how many can join and all other things like that, when it shouldnt be like this at all.

Art is a freeflowing and freemoving spirit within all of us and i dont believe that we should be restricted to doing what one person says when doing art work and art battles. also the fact that you want it to be like a competition for the best sickens me, art is meant for fun, relaxation and most of all, to let your spirit out into your work. Not to have it made into some twisted competition where the best graphic designers are left on top, and those who need help to form their art work into what we consider acceptable pieces are left on the bottom, trampled underfoot by those more talented.

I'd advise that you remove this thread if you want the art community to be standalone, where people battle with others to test their skills, not to be the best graphics designer on the forums, art isnt about that.

~Sincerely, Pyrusfreak.

I have a different view.

hes not obligating you to participate, therefore its free to whoever wants to.

If you wnat to make a battle just for fun, make it, nobodys telling you its not permitted. lol

Just here for the Art comunity .-.

Thank this message
March 04, 2012 6:07:59pm
[-]
Your comments are notes Pyrus. Leme go through your paragraph and respond.

This restricts the amount of people that can battle and puts you in as basically the overlord of the creed art community and im sick of it

I don't see how it restricts people joining, People are always welcome to suggest different things for the art community. I have run everything past an Admin so it's not like I'm just doing this to be power mad or anything.

rules about battling how many can join and all other things like that

People set their own rules
there is no limit on ammount of people or rounds, things like that

Art is a freeflowing and freemoving spirit within all of us and i dont believe that we should be restricted to doing what one person says when doing art work and art battles

You aren't restricted to doing what anyone says.
Rules can be worked out between competitors
And you can just battle for fun

be like a competition for the best sickens me, art is meant for fun, relaxation and most of all, to let your spirit out into your work. Not to have it made into some twisted competition where the best graphic designers are left on top,

You seem to have missed my point.
Everyone I've asked to be a judge, knows about composition of a sig and will offer constructive criticism to the competitors . It's purely made to better yourself as an artist.
You can always make battles between yourself, that don't involve this.

those who need help to form their art work into what we consider acceptable pieces are left on the bottom, trampled underfoot by those more talented.

The judges offer help about how to improve things
I've always said people can PM me about sigs
And I always offer psd files for people who are interested in certain techniques

wanna learn gfx?
Thank this message
March 19, 2012 10:49:55am
[-]
Harmony is winning...
Btw how long dose this contest end?
What winner get?
Or just for fun?

Pokemoncreed's King/Queen

Jacktheking

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]

I learn my rules from not learning the rules.

Thank this message
March 19, 2012 12:35:25pm
[-]
It's not a contest.
It's just keeping track of the different art battles going on

wanna learn gfx?
Thank this message
March 19, 2012 1:28:02pm
[-]
Oh...
So we can earn at least 1Point if we enter a contest(I mean battle) right?

Jacktheking

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]

Thank this message
March 19, 2012 5:07:14pm
[-]
the lowest you get is 1 point

wanna learn gfx?
Thank this message
March 20, 2012 7:23:24am
[-]
So after 19Battle i can win Harmony - But in a ''noob'' way

Jacktheking

Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,184 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]