Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Graphics Showcase < Signature Battle Request #2
Signature Battle Request #2
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Signature Battle Request #2
March 04, 2012 10:46:06pm
[-]
This message is hidden because this person has been banned.

This person's signature has been hidden because this person has been banned.
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
March 04, 2012 10:56:03pm
[-]
Yup, now for the judges to judge :P
Thank this message
March 05, 2012 7:49:38pm
[-]
dismouse
[you must login to view images]
This isn't a abad start for a sig. However, The ripple effect leaving arcanines paw is too focal distracting, so i would lower the opacity, and also that little arcanine in the top left, might've looked better on colour dodge or screen, making it look like an after effect. I like the flow created by the motion blur, and the text was a good idea even though the placement looks a little off. It might've looked better under his paw.
5/10

Harmony
You're deffinately improving since your "my first photoshop experiments". I really like the text, the colour is perfect, however the sig looks a little monocolour, like my failled hulk smudge. Try to get some more colour into the sig, IN this case it would probably be blue. You could've done this with some brushing or clever c4d usage. It looks like you've used fractuals in the background and they diffinately give it a good dreamy vibe.
Deffinately a good try
7/10

Dualot
Lets talk about depth. It's one of the things this sig seems to be lacking. At the moment you have both the lines above the garchomp. If you look at the garchomp it seems the top of him is closer right? You can see how that is exagerated in the artwork, So if you had put that top line behind him, it would've made the depth better. In theory anyway, i can't say for sure what effect something would add. The text, which looks to be on colour dodge or screen Blends in well, but i would've angled it along with the lines, inceasing the flow of the tag. The overall effect of the sig is good, and you did well. But I need to mention one real fatal flaw of the sig, lighting. Look at the garchomp before any effects, From what i can see the light is angled from the left So his bright claw ruins the composition of it, as it contradicts this. A tip for everyone is to always establish where the light source is on the original render
6/10

Overall I'm going to have to put Harmony first as the overall effect is better. Dualot's looking a little clumsy and dismouse not really having a clear focal.

Harmony - 5Points
Dualot - 3 points
dismouse - 1point

wanna learn gfx?
V Learn teminology here V
[you must login to view links]
V and dive into my tutorials here V
[you must login to view links]
Thank this message
March 05, 2012 9:25:59pm
[-]
This message is hidden because this person has been banned.

This person's signature has been hidden because this person has been banned.
Thank this message
March 05, 2012 9:48:44pm
[-]
Oh, anyways thanks for the critique :P

But congrats to harmony and good battle to dismouse ;]
Thank this message
March 06, 2012 5:15:11am
[-]
yes. i was trying to make him look swiftly, im just a beginner.

thanks for the critique and advice! I'm sure to keep them in mind for my next edits in the future.
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,182 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]