Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Sunkern's Studying Session < Examination Guide
Examination Guide
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Examination Guide
February 22, 2013 9:13:46am (This post was last modified: September 06, 2020 3:26:03pm by Yo man 3567.)
[-]
Examination Guide
This guide is intended to help you prepare for any important exams.

1.Plan Revision
Make sure that all your notes are in order and up to date.
Find out the date and length of each exam.
Draw up a revision timetable,and stick to it.

2.Preparation
Obtain copies of syllabus/past papers/revision guides.
Read through your notes,highlighting or rewriting key words/phrases.
Aim to work in 45 minutes stretches,taking 15 minute breaks.

3.Before Each Exam
Re-read through your notes but take a quality break,e.g have a bath/shower.
Make sure that you have all the equipment needed,including re-fills for your pen(s).
Make sure that you are comfortable and have a light snack/meal before each exam.

4.In The Exam
Read the instructions carefully-do the right number of questions.
Plan your time-allocate enough time for each question you must answer.
Answer the questions set;not the one you hoped for.

5.At The End Of The Exam
When you think you have finished,check your script for mistakes and complete any unfinished sections.
Cross out any rough work you do not want to get marked.
Ensure that all diagrams have titles and are fully labeled.

6.After The Exam
Do not worry about the exam you have just taken.
Have a rest/meal or take part in a leisure activity.
Begin to concentrate on the next exam.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
[you must login to view images]

Thank this message This post was thanked 3 times.
Quote this message in a reply
February 22, 2013 3:58:09pm
[-]
thx for the guide yo man i will also do this fron now on :)

[you must login to view images][
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
February 22, 2013 5:07:43pm
[-]
yes yo man thanks for the exam tips , it will help me a lot since my final exams are starting from 4th of march :)

DICKS OUT FOR HARAMBE
Thank this message
February 22, 2013 6:50:59pm
[-]
nice guide even though I don't follow some of them :D
The plan revision is not on my list. I only study when the day before the exams.

Thank this message
February 26, 2013 7:47:52am
[-]
Thanks alot,Yo Man....I thanked this post cus i think it IS useful....it really is to me....

Spoiler:
IMG]http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q781/EVevolution/Siggys/EVevolutionsSiggy.jpg[/IMG]
All above made by me

EV's-E-Mart
My E-Mart,Check it out.
Click below to take a wish!
Thank this message
February 26, 2013 8:03:42am
[-]
awesome post buddy..i would have made a post too..but it would not be in league with yours..well done..

Thank this message
March 10, 2013 10:10:21am
[-]
thx for the wonderful tips yo man.the 2nd and 6th tip helped me a lot :)

No matter if the beginning is small.
Thank this message
March 10, 2013 3:32:10pm
[-]
WHOA! dude! thanks alot!!
My exams are starting this week...
And this guide is helping me alot!!
Thnks a lot bro!!

Thank this message
March 11, 2013 8:09:03pm
[-]
That ACTUALLY helped me a lot this past three days, with my approaching fast on May, I actually followed those tips and, well, had a good study. Thanks Yo Man.

Thank this message
March 12, 2013 1:42:21pm
[-]
thanz but i think u must add the point :
as u get the question paper take some time to read it (5 - 15 min)

site to download adobe photoshop for making userbar and many other useful things
[you must login to view links]

Pokemon Creed's Best Chat Moments

^^^^
Click here

^thanz a lot to arsenic. :)
Thank this message
April 16, 2013 2:24:51pm
[-]
Superb guide.
Are you a tutor or something?
It really helped me
'Thank you'.

Signature:

Spoiler:

Gift from my Good Friend! complanboy!
Thank you kev my Caring Friend!
Thank You Robath my Friend!
A gift from my Good Friend Shamey
Thank you Queenx my Friend!
Thank You bmw2004 my Friend!
Gift from Shamey my friend!
Thank this message
November 22, 2014 12:11:00am (This post was last modified: November 22, 2014 7:09:41pm by linkai.)
[-]
Examination Guide
Can I add a bit, having studied memory for my psychology undergrad?
Study in half hour increments; you hold the first and last 15 minutes of your session the best. Take a moment to get up, walk around, focus on something else for a few minutes before sitting back down. Yes, this may break "concentration", but either way, that information was going to become fuzzy. Better off getting a quick break rather than stressing over studying for so long and not remembering the information all the same, right? This is also why teachers continue to drone on about the same thing over and over; if they tried to pack a bunch of information into one session, you'd never remember it all! Plus, a great bit of remembering something is repetition, repetition, repetition.
If you can't remember something, consistently look back over the information. Don't sit attempting to put it in your mind all at one. You "solidify" pieces of info in your mind by recalling them several times over, generally over the course of a few days. Recall may be the most important thing about remembering something. Recall=repetition, but at different times. Try looking at a bit of info every hour, repeat it to yourself 3-5 times, then move passed it, whether you believe you actually remember it. You'll see after a few hours, that info will come much easier to you than if you sat there for many hours trying to remember it all at once!
When you're looking to memorize a difficult topic, make it relevant to yourself/pair it with some information you know well. This is the absolute best way to remember anything! "Alexander the Great died (possibly by) poisoning in 323". "My brother Alex, who is 32 got food poisoning 3 days ago". (Assuming you have a brother named Alex who is 32 and got food poisoning three days prior). This is how people with spectacular memory actual remember things (as we've researched so far). The difference is that they don't make these connections consciously.
Oh, and I feel I should elaborate on mnemonic devices. They can work - but they work better if you relate them to your life. "King Phillip Came Over For Good Soup"; well, that's good and all for remembering taxonomy, but now you have to actively try to remember some "fact" about "King Phillip". Unless you're a historian, you probably don't care too much about King Phillip, and this is nothing but a series of sounds you need to memorize. Now, say your best friend's name is Kathy Peters, and recently she dropped by when you had a cold. Something more like "Kathy Peters came over, got sick" is going to stick in your mind much better because it's something you know to have happened, and now you're probably having to bring her soup because you feel bad for getting your friend sick.
I hate to break it to you....but you remember things best by studying in the same conditions as the room you'll take the test in. Is the classroom always cold? Crank down the AC. Is it white? Find a white room. Is there music playing? Usually not, so don't go for your ipod during a study session. Our minds are VERY attuned to our senses, so, unconsciously, you always take cues from your surroundings. Environment can actually be the difference between and A and a B if it's a matter or a few questions.

And one trick from my own book:
Take your exam backwards. Start from the last question and work your way back. Several times I've found clues to questions that came before because the teacher/professor has the expectation that you'll do it in order (i.e. "What is ____", then a few pages later it may say "Knowing that ____ is _____, what would you do in such and such circumstance?" ). This is helpful for high school and college.
Thank this message
March 18, 2015 8:49:27am
[-]
thanks man this helped me alot in my exams and now i get higher scores in exams.

Midorima Shintarou
The Best! ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>
Thank this message
April 12, 2016 3:30:34pm
[-]
November 22, 2014 12:11:00amlinkai Wrote:  Can I add a bit, having studied memory for my psychology undergrad?
Study in half hour increments; you hold the first and last 15 minutes of your session the best. Take a moment to get up, walk around, focus on something else for a few minutes before sitting back down. Yes, this may break "concentration", but either way, that information was going to become fuzzy. Better off getting a quick break rather than stressing over studying for so long and not remembering the information all the same, right? This is also why teachers continue to drone on about the same thing over and over; if they tried to pack a bunch of information into one session, you'd never remember it all! Plus, a great bit of remembering something is repetition, repetition, repetition.
If you can't remember something, consistently look back over the information. Don't sit attempting to put it in your mind all at one. You "solidify" pieces of info in your mind by recalling them several times over, generally over the course of a few days. Recall may be the most important thing about remembering something. Recall=repetition, but at different times. Try looking at a bit of info every hour, repeat it to yourself 3-5 times, then move passed it, whether you believe you actually remember it. You'll see after a few hours, that info will come much easier to you than if you sat there for many hours trying to remember it all at once!
When you're looking to memorize a difficult topic, make it relevant to yourself/pair it with some information you know well. This is the absolute best way to remember anything! "Alexander the Great died (possibly by) poisoning in 323". "My brother Alex, who is 32 got food poisoning 3 days ago". (Assuming you have a brother named Alex who is 32 and got food poisoning three days prior). This is how people with spectacular memory actual remember things (as we've researched so far). The difference is that they don't make these connections consciously.
Oh, and I feel I should elaborate on mnemonic devices. They can work - but they work better if you relate them to your life. "King Phillip Came Over For Good Soup"; well, that's good and all for remembering taxonomy, but now you have to actively try to remember some "fact" about "King Phillip". Unless you're a historian, you probably don't care too much about King Phillip, and this is nothing but a series of sounds you need to memorize. Now, say your best friend's name is Kathy Peters, and recently she dropped by when you had a cold. Something more like "Kathy Peters came over, got sick" is going to stick in your mind much better because it's something you know to have happened, and now you're probably having to bring her soup because you feel bad for getting your friend sick.
I hate to break it to you....but you remember things best by studying in the same conditions as the room you'll take the test in. Is the classroom always cold? Crank down the AC. Is it white? Find a white room. Is there music playing? Usually not, so don't go for your ipod during a study session. Our minds are VERY attuned to our senses, so, unconsciously, you always take cues from your surroundings. Environment can actually be the difference between and A and a B if it's a matter or a few questions.

And one trick from my own book:
Take your exam backwards. Start from the last question and work your way back. Several times I've found clues to questions that came before because the teacher/professor has the expectation that you'll do it in order (i.e. "What is ____", then a few pages later it may say "Knowing that ____ is _____, what would you do in such and such circumstance?" ). This is helpful for high school and college.
hey you have written so much

[you must login to view links]

Thank this message
December 27, 2016 11:13:13am
[-]
Helped me during my drivers test thank you so much

DICKS OUT FOR HARAMBE
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,166 posts in 39,216 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]