Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < New Level/EXP System
New Level/EXP System
Favorite Thread Post Reply
New Level/EXP System
November 18, 2018 3:33:44pm (This post was last modified: November 18, 2018 3:45:21pm by Da Man.)
[-]
New Level/EXP System
New level system, what do you think?

Keep level formula is the same, which is the cube root of the EXP.

But, the EXP gain formula changes, from Opponent's Level ^ 1.7 to Opponent's Level.

Sorry for speaking maths >_<. Basically, ^1.7 is exponential growth. The difference between 100^1.7 and 1000^1.7 is huge, but the difference between 100 and 1000 is not that big. Linear EXP gain VS exponential level formula will make it harder to train levels.

If this change is done, then we will cube root everyone's current Pokemon levels (or square root) to make it fair.

This would make levelling up harder the higher level your Pokemon becomes.

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
November 18, 2018 4:04:01pm
[-]
It's better to reset the game tbh.

Profile Hits:
[you must login to view images]

Thank this message This post was thanked 2 times.
November 19, 2018 2:44:29pm
[-]
little bad idea because current exp per battle is good and if u low then no one like more hard work to gain low exp and train his pokemon

Rate:Training in coins: 1.5 coin per billion worth of exp
Color Base pokemon 3 coin per Bill exp

Fly training per pokemon 60 coin

Click below to take a wish!
Thank this message
November 19, 2018 4:47:12pm
[-]
Yeah mate I agree with adil you should keep the exp thing as it it ....
Thank this message
November 19, 2018 7:04:28pm
[-]
Seeing the pokemon leveling up psychologically motivates me( i think its the same for others). Therefore, I'd prefer the existing exp. gain pattern :P Thanks :)

Lf bug type coloureds !
Thank this message
November 19, 2018 9:01:42pm
[-]
The current one is great. changing it would only ruin the game since everyone already used to things as they are. First of all it will destroy training economy. Second, people like me and many others use the rate list and many things to calculate in a pokemon but if u implement something like that. We wont be used to it and half would have a hard time understanding. Tbh i dont see anything that needs a change with battling. If u take my advice you should give triple or double exp boost for everyone until december end because you already have the roster caps. People are stressed of how will they be maintaining their training level and main poke level. Think of it this way. How much stressful is it for those who kept faith that someday trade cap will be removed so they can get their main pokemon trained. In the very case giving people a month to figure things out is great but u should really think of double exp and triple exp. Creed should give motivation not destroy everyone motivation to train by making it harder. Hope this makes basic sense

Training again
Message me
Thank this message
November 19, 2018 10:39:42pm
[-]
Thanks for the feedback all, they have been helpful.

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
November 19, 2018 11:17:52pm
[-]
I personally think this is a great idea. Even tho, it still takes a few battles to level up as of right now, I think this exp change will be good.

Makes people work harder for their levels and now that macroing is allowed, those who macro can’t level up as quick.

So yeah, I agree with this

Thank this message
November 20, 2018 5:36:52am
[-]
I agree to an exp/level rehaul, being conservative all the time isn't always for the best. The gap between new and old users is very, very large, and it needs to be reasonably closed enough to where the new player can have a chance to be something. It's almost impossible to be on the level of the community coming off fresh without massive support from contests or people, which aren't reliable. As a retired trainer, I was mainly able to make my immeasurable wealth through training jobs and invest it well. However, this was 4-6 years ago, and now the ability to do this is out of the question with the sweatshop level training rates for jobs that is a detriment to healthy competition, pricy loan rates for high leveled Pokemon that allow no room for wealth investment, and a saturation of high leveled pokemon that people trade for a rate new players cannot afford. This rehaul would allow the new player and upcomers to build themselves as something and provide a stimulating market of competition for both new and old users, rather than what is essentially a reflection of the poor staying poor waiting on a blessing and the rich always getting richer.

An early birthday gift from adamwilson! :3

[you must login to view images] made by theman1357
Made by Mother Espeon (thank you :3)

made by blackheartwarrior :)

Made be complanboy :)

[you must login to view images]Made by kyogy :)
[you must login to view images] made by Moderator mark :)
made by kyogy :)
[img]http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y384/spensiee/my%20best%20sprites/zorua_2_zpsb68122a2.png[/img
Thank this message
November 20, 2018 8:42:54pm
[-]
This would also mean that training rates would increase. Harder to level up = More pricey training rates.

We could see the return of Creeds 2012 Training Rates

Thank this message
November 20, 2018 10:59:51pm (This post was last modified: November 20, 2018 11:01:43pm by Da Man.)
[-]
New Level/EXP System
Thanks. It's a decision that is super risky as battling is a core feature. Humans inherently hate change, players do, and even changes in UI.

The timing of this implementation has to be well done. Maybe 1st January or something after Christmas is over.

I'm not that good at mathematics (yea I did study Computing) or knowing what formulas work best, but I feel it's probably better than the current one since exponential increases in EXP is really bad.

This would upset players who have trained a lot or like the current training system.

Cube rooting or square rooting current Pokemon levels might be fair to reflect the difficulty in training.

I agree there is a psychological liking to extremely high levels. The new level system would almost feel like a level limit, since the level formula is cubic and the EXP gain is linear.

Gyms would need to be refactored and evolution levels lowered.

Level Formula kept same: Level = TotalEXP ^ (1/3) i.e. cube root
OLD EX Gain Formula: Level^1.7 (exponential)
New EXP Gain Formula: Level (linear)

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
November 21, 2018 6:09:08pm
[-]
Alternatively I could just set the level cap to 100,000. And just have roster cap as a way for trainers to train for themselves rather than for others.

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
November 21, 2018 6:33:22pm
[-]
November 21, 2018 7:09:08pmDa Man Wrote:  Alternatively I could just set the level cap to 100,000. And just have roster cap as a way for trainers to train for themselves rather than for others.

But there's already 4 100k+ Pokemons. What about them?

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
November 21, 2018 7:26:54pm
[-]
November 21, 2018 7:33:22pmEliteBOY Wrote:  
Da Man Wrote:
November 21, 2018 7:09:08pm pid=571917
Alternatively I could just set the level cap to 100,000. And just have roster cap as a way for trainers to train for themselves rather than for others.
But there's already 4 100k+ Pokemons. What about them?
They'd be compensated with today's rates in coins/Pokemon.

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
November 21, 2018 8:17:04pm
[-]
Keep it as it is ?

Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,177 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]