Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < New Level/EXP System
New Level/EXP System
Favorite Thread Post Reply
New Level/EXP System
January 08, 2019 3:49:45am
[-]
To be honest, i really enjoy the idea of the Exp cap. It keepsnit fair for old and new players a like, where levels can be gained and pokes used but only based on your own effort. This game has always been one where effort is the most important factor. Anyone can loan a poke 100x there poke and train quickly. Anyone can make things easy on themselves. But then the people who actually grinded years of work feel they got no where. What happens to zapdos? What about attacker? They’ve pushed themselves to the limit to be the best. And i think that shouldn’t be taken away. If someone starts their journey now, let our testament be their guiding light in the game we devoted our time in. To tell them that hard work does pay off.
Thank this message This post was thanked once.
Quote this message in a reply
January 08, 2019 3:51:39am
[-]
IMO, roster cap is necessary evil. Please look at the leniency given in December. People who didn't train for 5 years managed to train to the level equal to people who have been training for themselves for those 5 years. Do you really think it is fair. Hopefully I think sense will prevail and justice should be given to people who actually train. On matter of training for others, if possible add a training cap till 64T so that trainer's cannot train anyone's poke past 40k. But with new exp-level system coming, I'm hopeful that it would dissuade non-trainers to even commit to training. Hopefully it will bring trainers more jobs and will raise the price of training probably back to 50c+ per billion.

[you must login to view images]
Pokemon: LuminousCranidos
Level: 51,418
You gained 5,115,590,897 experience points.
You received $4,113,440.
Thank this message This post was thanked once.
January 08, 2019 4:00:01am
[-]
January 08, 2019 4:51:39amOhMyGoddess Wrote:  IMO, roster cap is necessary evil. Please look at the leniency given in December. People who didn't train for 5 years managed to train to the level equal to people who have been training for themselves for those 5 years. Do you really think it is fair. Hopefully I think sense will prevail and justice should be given to people who actually train. On matter of training for others, if possible add a training cap till 64T so that trainer's cannot train anyone's poke past 40k. But with new exp-level system coming, I'm hopeful that it would dissuade non-trainers to even commit to training. Hopefully it will bring trainers more jobs and will raise the price of training probably back to 50c+ per billion.

Yeah, I'll never understand the training pushover in December if roster cap isn't even being implemented? I had so many ppl texting n messaging for my main pokemon for that one reason

Training again
Message me
Thank this message
January 08, 2019 2:10:25pm (This post was last modified: January 08, 2019 2:12:38pm by Type Test.)
[-]
New Level/EXP System
Here's my 10 cents on the current exp change that was suggested: Also, reading the stats on your exp, that training is way too difficult. You're talking about needing a lot of exp to go up one level once you reach high amounts (Like 40k lvl). And every level you go up you only get 400k more exp? There'd be no point in training, Attacker will be making like 30m less exp than me a battle, even thoguh I have 3x his exp

Now, my other opinion is one, roster cap would destroy the eco. Granted yes, players get their pokemon trained. Not sure why this is an issue? One of the things people keep saying is it's too hard for new players to catch up? Guess what, when this game was at the hype, 1b exp costed 5k coins. And everyone, and I mean everyone payed to get their pokes trained. Boosting was a thing back then, if anything though players have it a lot easier now, not harder. Granted they aren't going to catch up 4q exp. And rather they shouldn't since people like Attacker, Adil etc. have spent years, on years training their pokes. However a new player can get them to do one battle, get 25b exp or whatever, and be miles ahead of what used to cost so much. The gap in the past used to be so much worse than it currently is, remember when the average trainer was like lvl 10k, and dream was 21k? About a 11x gap btw, Now what're we looking at? A ton of lvl 80ks, good amount of 100ks, the only poke that is really a decent amount higher than anyone elses is mine, and it really isn't even at the gap that others were.

Exp has inflated sure, there was a time when 1b was 5,000 coins. Now 1t is roughly 5,000 coins. If you think inflation isn't going to happen then you've got another thing coming. As for Roster Cap, what about a good majority of the players that have bought exp in the past 7 years? I've personally spent over 25m in the years on training, and I definitely wouldn't be able to use my stuff anymore. You mentioned changing everyones trainer level to reflect their main, something like that is justifiable I guess? but people would shoot to the top without any work tbf, and even then you have issues because some people are hoarding Jirachis now, and would need a heads up so they can make sure they're still able to use everything.

If the issue is with the small trainers never being able to catch up, or issue with the big trainers loaning their high levels, why don't we set a loan cap of types to be in affect in August 2019, (Same how we have a change coming to exp boosts in August 2019.) And make it so battles give 10-25% more trainer exp. This'd allow players to grind up their trainer levels to a respectable number so they can actually loan or trade for pokes without them having to do quads of exp in 6 days to be able to do anything. This new exp formula seems like it benefits brand new players, and screws over anyone that has played for a long period of time, and frankly from what I've seen a large majority of the game will likely leave as they don't want to deal with the training. Hell I've watched some big trainers sell off majority of their exp because this idea was even posted, they didn't want to deal with years of progress gone, and now they're kinda stuck.

Spoiler:
Type Test
Akatsuki!
Thank this message
January 08, 2019 2:26:05pm
[-]
I also just suggested in Discord, why don't we add a Loan max as-well,

For example every player is only able to take loans for an amount of hours per day, for example:

Victim can loan my CursedMew for 2 hours, he is now no longer able to loan any other pokemon until the next day, (0:00 on Creed time)

Spoiler:
Type Test
Akatsuki!
Thank this message
January 08, 2019 6:32:46pm
[-]
I completely agree with Type Test as well, I remember those days back then when the 1 billion exp itself cost 50-100 coins. And matter of fact, I just realized another set of the problem. The reason he maybe thinks that this all is inflating exp and we are boosting people who are new to RPG issue is maybe because of one fault. Us trainers training for so low prices. These 3 coins a billion means 3000 coins for a trillion. If anything should be fixed, I think in my suggestion it would be to keep the RPG the same as it is and make a thread updating that no trainer should trade exp for less than 50 coins a billion and I think half of our problems can be solved in a simple way. I really don't know why to go to such lengths

Training again
Message me
Thank this message
January 08, 2019 8:26:19pm
[-]
January 08, 2019 7:32:46pmattacker Wrote:  I completely agree with Type Test as well, I remember those days back then when the 1 billion exp itself cost 50-100 coins. And matter of fact, I just realized another set of the problem. The reason he maybe thinks that this all is inflating exp and we are boosting people who are new to RPG issue is maybe because of one fault. Us trainers training for so low prices. These 3 coins a billion means 3000 coins for a trillion. If anything should be fixed, I think in my suggestion it would be to keep the RPG the same as it is and make a thread updating that no trainer should trade exp for less than 50 coins a billion and I think half of our problems can be solved in a simple way. I really don't know why to go to such lengths

Something like this would be an okay implementation, but hard to follow. Players would probably have a struggle paying for that or coming to terms with it. Which is why I think a max amount of time you can loan per day, or perhaps even a thing where loaned pokemon can't gain exp. This would make it so the only way to do a training job, is to train up a jirachi and sell it to players. Thus meaning no boosting. (Still could loan to make training easier for newer players, but in retrospect it's a more sustainable form, and not entirely scammable.)

Spoiler:
Type Test
Akatsuki!
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,177 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]