Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < New Level/EXP System
New Level/EXP System
Favorite Thread Post Reply
New Level/EXP System
November 21, 2018 9:04:25pm
[-]
November 21, 2018 8:26:54pmDa Man Wrote:  They'd be compensated with today's rates in coins/Pokemon.

You mean you'll bring those 100k+ pokes back to 100k and pay the compensation for the remaining?

If so, I have few more doubts:
* Rates are different for different people. So it's hard to pay the compensation.
* Once you set it to 100k, what's the point of training for those who already have 100k?

TBH, just let the game be as it is. It's good imo. Just some cool updates (like you are currently doing) will bring the old people (or more people) back to the game and this RPG will be lively as before.

At least this is what I feel.

Profile Hits:
[you must login to view images]

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
November 22, 2018 9:01:31am
[-]
This should be the way as it is any unnecessary change can ruin this game......
Thank this message
November 22, 2018 1:28:34pm (This post was last modified: November 22, 2018 1:30:23pm by adilkhan.)
[-]
New Level/EXP System
i think now needed new lvl or exp only do little hard mew figth like e4 and if posible to add creed training rate fix no one train other rate and all player fallow that rate for training

Rate:Training in coins: 1.5 coin per billion worth of exp
Color Base pokemon 3 coin per Bill exp

Fly training per pokemon 60 coin

Click below to take a wish!
Thank this message
November 22, 2018 9:59:03pm
[-]
Thanks, but I'm worrying about the lower level trainers?

1000^1.7 is much much bigger than 100^1.7.

10,000^1.7 is much much bigger than 1,000^1.7.

100,000^1.7 is much much bigger than 10,000^1.7.

Exponential growth gives an enormous advantage to the higher lvl trainers in terms of EXP gain.

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
November 22, 2018 11:53:01pm
[-]
Tell you what, I can implement the new level system, see how it goes for 3 months. If it doesn't work out, I can use a formula to change back those levels.

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
November 23, 2018 2:11:16am
[-]
November 22, 2018 10:59:03pmDa Man Wrote:  Thanks, but I'm worrying about the lower level trainers?

1000^1.7 is much much bigger than 100^1.7.

10,000^1.7 is much much bigger than 1,000^1.7.

100,000^1.7 is much much bigger than 10,000^1.7.

Exponential growth gives an enormous advantage to the higher lvl trainers in terms of EXP gain.

Well, they didn't get the high levels very easily right?
They have started with a level 5 and ended up getting really high level Pokemon! (Either by Training themselves or paying others for the training)

November 23, 2018 12:53:01amDa Man Wrote:  Tell you what, I can implement the new level system, see how it goes for 3 months. If it doesn't work out, I can use a formula to change back those levels.

This would be okay, but idk if people would still after this gets implemented.

Give it a try tho :p

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
November 23, 2018 11:13:04pm (This post was last modified: November 24, 2018 8:01:03am by Leafburn12.)
[-]
New Level/EXP System
It's fine the way it is to be honest.

Getting a high amount of exp is time consuming.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
November 24, 2018 8:37:16am
[-]
I totally agree to leafburn..... it is better the way as it is
Thank this message
November 24, 2018 7:04:22pm (This post was last modified: November 24, 2018 7:27:12pm by kray.)
[-]
New Level/EXP System
As a former top 2 trainer myself back in the days where we had to grind by hand, I understand the frustration that comes from spending hours to get to the best experience gain possible so you could do training jobs to collect the pokemon you wanted. However, the underlying issue this problem is trying to solve is how to revive the community.

Creed is and has been slowly dying, only 2-3 months ago there were roughly 6 players throughout the entire day that actively played. It may not seem like an inactive community now, but that is because every year during this holiday season people come back. And after the season, those people leave for months at a time in the following year. You might argue that people have lives or get busy, which is true. But, the real reason is because most things in this game have become unattainable. The holidays offer a chance for them to comeback and get a chance at the many decent promos released during this time of year and trade with other users that come back.

- Gone are the days where a player could look at the leaderboard and set every trainer's inherit goal of "being the best that no one ever was." Based on the current formulas and the average time it takes to do a mystery trainer battle, it will take 9+ months of 8 hour days to train a pokemon from lv. 5 to the #1 spot. To achieve such high level feats, users are relying on a macro to achieve results, which puts many users that cannot physically run a macro on their device or users that do not have enough knowledge or insider connections to obtain and run a macro. And I believe it is a shame that we are not treating macro'ing as a form of cheating or glitching as training makes up 1 of the 3 drivers in Creed's economy (training, coins, colored pokemon).

- Gone are the days where Creed was a fun alternative to a pokemon game. Now, people don't actually battle to battle and play pokemon. They come here to gamble and chat because there is nothing else that is fun and rewarding. Just look at Mystery trainer. In what pokemon spirit do you enter a battle just to purposely lose after fainting the first pokemon? There is no storymode to Creed which is why people rarely ever walk the maps. The pokemon on the maps are now so common throughout the game and there isn't even any value to finding map pokemon anymore because the economy is colored based that the walking around and exploring aspect of pokemon has faded from our game.

- Gone are the days where you could find your favorite sprite and get just 1 copy of it because majority of those pokemon released are held in accounts that haven't been touched for 2+ years. Now we are stuck with being able pokemon that were released within the past year. It's by sear luck if you can get older pokemon because someone just happens to get on.

- Gone are the days where trading for pokemon was cheap enough, that a new user could spend a week and feel proud and accomplished of earning that first pokemon from the promo center or trading with others. Inflation is normal in any economy, but creed has experience hyperinflation largely due to the current training system and the duplication glitch.

The fact of the matter is this game has been and is no longer friendly to attract and retain new players. And, a community can only run for so long with old members before they all finally leave and let the community die. If we truly want to revive our community, we need make changes to fix issues that turn new players away. And, those changes start with changing the exp gains and battling system. Keeping the status quo is great for those who are still within arm's reach of reaching the top, but it is not sustainable for our community. A few potential changes to training I will suggest are:

a. Using linear experience gain function. I don't believe to be the best way, but it is a start to fixing the problem.

b. Daily experience gain limits for each pokemon ingame based on experience gain, not levels. Setting a arbitrary experience gain limit gives everyone the chance to earn, lets say 50 billion per pokemon (not a set number, just used for example) a day. 50 billion experience is a substantial level gain for the lower levels, but limits level growth for the already reasonably unreachable levels. Using this method supports a healthy lifestyle, keeping players from grinding 8 hours a day for months just to achieve the high ranks. Also, this method prevents macro use as after so many battles, the pokemon would no longer be earning experience and instead stuck in a meaningless macro cycle until the user actually returns to interact with the game.

c. Using a square root experience gain function. The nature of a square root function allows new users to still gain plenty of exp to eventually catch up with the current rankings, but makes earning more experience harder and harder as you climb the higher levels. (A logarithmic function could be used, but requires a little bit more math as there is stricter output bounds).

d. A level cap of some reasonable number to train to in 1 year, example of 40k or 50k. Once the cap is reached, players can still have fun training through the means of a daily or weekly ranking competition of whoever earns the most experience or whoever wins the most battles, which at the end of the time period is rewarded similarly to how the minigames are rewarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. And then the ladder resets.

Thank this message
November 26, 2018 6:41:55pm (This post was last modified: November 26, 2018 9:04:29pm by Leafburn12.)
[-]
New Level/EXP System
Sounds cool

Thank this message
December 02, 2018 4:27:50pm
[-]
Thanks for the insight Kray.

A square root/logarithmic EXP gain function sounds good, but the level formula would have to change, or have a more complex formula.

The linear one might work with some changes, and wouldn't give too much of an advantage because the level formula is cubic, so gaining a level would be very difficult (linear vs cubic), so veteran trainers don't have too much EXP advantage against newer ones, because it's hard to get levels the higher it is.

One idea:
From level 1-1000, we could keep the EXP formula as it is, that is ^1.7.
From level 1001 onwards, EXP gained will be a linear function of the level. It will be extremely hard to gain levels higher than 2000. Thus, there is a reward for higher level Pokemon (slightly more EXP) but not so much because it's hard to gain those levels.

Second idea:
EXP formula is opponent's level.

I'd like to keep the Level and EXP gain formula simple. The Level formula is the same as the one in the Pokemon games (cube root of total EXP).

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
December 25, 2018 2:15:18pm
[-]
If I implemented the new level system:

New Level = Old Level ^ (1/1.5)

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
December 25, 2018 2:23:58pm
[-]
Not sure why it's necessary to change the level system. ?

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
December 25, 2018 8:14:34pm
[-]
Please, keep it the same.

Thank this message
December 26, 2018 12:08:07am
[-]
I agree. Please keep it the same.

Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,177 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]