Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Dratini's Deep Discussion < ancient mythology
ancient mythology
Favorite Thread Post Reply
ancient mythology
February 16, 2013 9:33:21am
[-]
i love mythology its very intresting i read a lot of mythyology books and gain a lot og general knowledge through them about different countries.

[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
February 16, 2013 9:54:15am
[-]
in my opinion it just made up stories but i have heard that some mythology's are true.

Thank this message
February 16, 2013 10:02:38am
[-]
mythology isn't necessarily not real,but I like Hercules,because there is many people like him,only they didn't go straight over to Zeus and give him a beating.

Click below to take a wish!

Climbing the mountain, never coming down
Break into the contents, never falling down

Thanks to Campt, Anarchy, Amy Rose and more not listed. I can't remember everyone's names, but know that I cherish what you've done for me!

Thank this message
February 16, 2013 10:15:23am
[-]
i love mythology may favorite Greek mythology is when Hercules was born. in our country its counter part i think is biag-ni lam ang. really love Greek mythology. if their is a movie of subject mythology i really watch it fast.

I will break through the limits

thank to anarchy
Thank this message
February 16, 2013 12:09:47pm
[-]
i see that most of our stuff in the modern day world is influened by mythology however i don't believe it.
Thank this message
April 07, 2013 3:48:53pm
[-]
My favorite genre if you would call it that in mythology would be the creation of the world and mankind. In every culture and in every nation there is always a story about the creation of all things (the world, man, animals, country etc.) it really fascinates me.For example in Japanese mythology the aspect of living and dying began with the death of the goddess of creation Izanami who died during childbirth and descended into the realm of the dead. So her husband came to rescue her but she was already 'infected' and she wasn't the beautiful goddess anymore and in horror he left her. The goddess became angry and proclaimed she would take 1000 lives every day and the husband Izanagi said in return that each day 1500 lives would be born.

Thank this message
April 07, 2013 5:05:16pm
[-]
I feel interested with Greek mythology (Zeus, Aphrodite, Hercules, etc.) Does anyone agree with me?
Thank this message
April 07, 2013 5:07:12pm
[-]
Whats up with all these big words. C'mon tell me the meaning of all this.

Thank this message
April 12, 2013 8:36:20pm
[-]
Another mythology that fascinates me is Ragnarok from Norse Mythology.
The myth goes that Ragnarok will be preluded by Fimbulvintr, a winter that will last the length of 3 normal winters. But that being said there will be many signals before Ragnarok, Baldr's death, Loki's binding, and that Loki and Garmr break the bonds placed on them to gather their forces. Odin first sees the signals of Ragnarok when Loki returns to Aegir's drinking hall to ridicule the gods. But the main 'agreed on' signal for the actualy beginning of Ragnarok is that Hiemdall will blow Gjallerhorn, and at this the gods will assemble their armies. Ragnarok was seen as the sort of the climatical battle between the two main forces on the 9 worlds of Norse Mythology - the Cultured and Honourable Aesir and Vanir (the Gods) and the wild and uncontrolable Giants.

Thank this message
April 12, 2013 9:55:22pm
[-]
*gasps* I adore the Norse Mythology my favourite one is Freya and Thrym

Entranced by Freya's great beauty, the giant Thrym demanded that she be given to him as his wife and stole Thor's hammer Mjolnir to force the gods to accept. When Thor and Loki tried to persuade her to marry the giant, however, she refused with such fury that Thor was forced to impersonate her in order to penetrate the giant's defenses, and Thrym never gained her hand
Thank this message
April 12, 2013 11:56:38pm
[-]
I adore mythology. Everything about it is so interesting. I'm currently writing a story that deals with mythology :3

Thank this message
April 13, 2013 6:31:39pm
[-]
This message is hidden because this person has been banned.

This person's signature has been hidden because this person has been banned.
Thank this message
April 14, 2013 11:01:54am
[-]
Gilgamesh | Mesopotamian Mythology
Gilgamesh was a great hero, whose stories are told in Sumerian and Babylonian poems. He is the son of the goddess Ninsun.The Epic of Gilgamesh is a long poem that was composed before 2000 BCE. It tells the story of Gilgamesh and his friendship with Enkidu who is in search for immortality. Enkidu dies, though, and Gilgamesh finds the fame to be hollow. Gilgamesh goes to Utnapishtim (similar to the Bible's Noah) who tells him about his immortality, a gift he recieved during ‘the great flood’. Gilgamesh learns of a plant of life but the plant is swallowed by a snake. Gilgamesh learns that death is inevitable.

Thank this message
April 25, 2013 8:38:59pm
[-]
Legend of how Arthur became King Arthur-
Arthur was the first born son of King Uther Pendragon and heir to the throne. However these were very troubled times and Merlin, a wise magician, advised that the baby Arthur should be raised in a secret place and that none should know his true identity.As Merlin feared, when King Uther died there was great conflict over who should be the next king. Merlin used his magic to set a sword in a stone. Written on the sword, in letters of gold,  were these words: "Whoso pulleth out this sword of this stone is the rightwise born king of all England." Of course all the contenders for the throne took their turn at trying to draw the sword, but none could succeed. Arthur, quite by chance, withdrew the sword for another to use in a tournament. Following this he became King.

Thank this message
April 26, 2013 4:31:11pm
[-]
Nordic mythology rules thor is awesome odin is the wisest of all and my favorite band makes songs about these myths so it is really awesome

Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]