Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - General Discussions < RIP Pokemon Creed
RIP Pokemon Creed
Favorite Thread Post Reply
RIP Pokemon Creed
March 01, 2016 7:58:54pm
[-]
No, Nintendo didn't warn Cless. Cless heard about the official release of "Pokemon Moon," so he decided to change the name so he wouldn't get confronted.
The owners of Omega probably heard about the release of "Omega" Ruby, but didn't change their name. Therefore, they were given the same proper warning.

[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] [you must login to view images]
Made by Oscah!
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
March 02, 2016 11:24:12pm
[-]
Yeah Dre. One of the worst parts about it is that there isn't any way to talk to any of the old members anymore because they haven't been on in years and never thought to give others any other way of communicating with them when they were active.

[you must login to view images]
Thanks to Darkness for this signature!

Thanks to Darkness for this signature!

My better siggy! My creation.

My Dialga siggy! My creation.
Thank this message
March 03, 2016 12:14:52am
[-]
I mean, I stay in contact with Vicky over PSN. (But, I don't have a mic so I can't talk with her... Just text messaging)

[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] [you must login to view images]
Made by Oscah!
Thank this message
March 05, 2016 7:15:44am
[-]

Thank this message
March 24, 2016 5:52:39am
[-]
March 01, 2016 3:53:18pmAndueza Wrote:  Hoping creed will go back to the way it was. If we can get new staff that's active and new players it can.

Assigning new staffs isn't going to solve this situation. Okay, even if assigning new staffs help, Da Man has to be online to promote the players. Which is guess won't happen.
He has to revive this game through an update that is related to towers/games/more exploration. Not new staffs.

Lf bug type coloureds !
Thank this message
March 24, 2016 6:43:25am
[-]
March 01, 2016 3:53:18pmAndueza Wrote:  Hoping creed will go back to the way it was. If we can get new staff that's active and new players it can.

Not even the slightest. Alan just needs to update.

Thank this message
March 25, 2016 6:48:11pm
[-]
The game is literally dead.
Chat and RP are the only things keeping this game alive.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]

Thank this message
March 26, 2016 4:15:54am
[-]
March 25, 2016 6:48:11pmYo man 3567 Wrote:  The game is literally dead.
Chat and RP are the only things keeping this game alive.

true though on chat noone answers when im on x.x i miss the good old days

[you must login to view links]<br />
[img]<br />
made by yoshi09012<br />
<br />
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8057/darkraibyshigu.jpg[img]<br />
<br />
made by samaj2313<br />
[url=http://pokecharms.com/trainer-cards/darkri.38669/"][img]http://pokecharms.com/data/attachment-files/2014/01/49363_trainercard-darkri.png

[img]http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a592/Dialga_2012/Signatures/Job5_zpsb46ce12e.png[img]
made by Dialga2012

[img]http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u542/Wailord88888/darkrai3223signature_zps5bf2574c.png[img]
made by
Wailord88888
Thank this message
March 26, 2016 4:17:06pm
[-]
Just throwing my two cents in on the subject.

I started playing right as the peak of activity happened on Creed. The game was great, the community wasn't all the best but it was still more enjoyable than most RPGs. Everything was still realistically within reach (if you wanted to be in the top 10 of something it was a worthwhile achievement). The competition was great.

However, the game was never able to scale to the community properly. After awhile objectives are near impossible to achieve since the game was not meant to scale (no one can get near the top of a pokemon list without having someone else do most of the work for them, thus making almost the entire community unable to come close to overthrowing the top clan, or simply collecting pokemon now). This is the main reason why the community cannot thrive again: New players can't plant their seed in concrete and hope that it grows into a tree.

I check in on the game every now and then with the hope that maybe there are a sudden spur of new players who honestly believe they can reach the top. This is why I have saved a collection of pokemon instead of just giving them away or freeze my account and having the pokemon die with me. I wanted to give them some incentive to follow their goal like many people that helped me pursue my goal on here. But, with the lack of a community and purpose there is no feasible reason to join or stay.

Thank this message
March 27, 2016 3:21:03am
[-]
So I'm obviously not an active player anymore, but I still pop by every month or two.
I joined Creed a couple years back when it was significantly more active, and my take on Creed's downfall is that the staff/player-base has become significantly less motivated.

The biggest driving factor for the majority of Creed players back in the day was greed (which isn't necessarily a bad thing until it becomes toxic and you're flooded with scammers and the like).
Some people tried to get what they wanted for collection purposes, others for a sense of achievement, other's simply because they liked that rush of joy each time they bet something they valued and won back more, and some a mix of all of the above.

The reason Creed fell was because getting what you wanted simply became too difficult. The Creed's virtual economy busted, and there are two big reasons for that: Experienced players got tired of the game (leaving with hundreds of thousands of coins/ rares) and gradient z/random-rares-in-the-auction-house got introduced (buying one was basically throwing 200k+ out of the economy. Seriously. I don't know what Da Man was thinking with this one...). Honestly speaking, it would have been extremely easy for Da Man to fix this (all he *really* had to do was find a way to throw a bunch of coins back into the creed economy and redistribute promos from frozen accounts through contests), but he simply lacked the motivation to do so. Regardless, I don't blame him. Da Man has explicitly shown that he does Creed more as a hobby than as a passion. Creed is and always has been nothing more than a way for him to test out his coding skills (robot-created sprites, maps, gyms, towers, etc.). All that kept Creed alive was its initial popularity, the huge number of coins in circulation, and the active staff members. Therefore, as soon as that was gone, Creed was inevitably going to fall.

Honestly speaking, the design of creed was/is pretty interesting. All Da Man really needs to do to get the community active again is to throw a bunch of things out through competitions (both coins and rares), then proceed to advertise Creed. Yeah, we can blame the newbies being newbies, but I doubt that they're the reason. There were plenty of beggars when I was active, but the only reason we didn't notice them as much was because there were highly motivated people as well. Without a circulating economy, greed is going to be stagnated, and without greed, motivation is going to weaken.

Until we see the staff throwing bones left and right, I don't expect creed to come back, and seeing as I've waited 1 year+ for it to happen already, I've pretty much lost hope in that ever happening. Huzzah if it does, but I won't be expecting anything. This has been a post that I've been wanting to make for awhile, but each time I doubt anyone would actually see it. Seeing as someone has finally made a thread about it, I knocked myself out.

If anyone who knew me when I was active (and actually still comes on here) wants my contact info, email tyizor@gmail.com. It's a throw-away email so if I see an email (and I actually knew you), I'll send you my actual email. Too many experiences with spammers. Not taking any chances.
Good luck wherever you guys go. Creed was certainly a fun part of my life, and while I have a bunch of regrets about things I did, I definitely don't regret playing in the first place.

^thanks harmony ^.^ decided to add it after I found it in my gmail
All hail the attacker cult!

Proud follower of Amathyst's great teachings

-I walk alongside Jeff to transcend the 3D realm
Thank this message This post was thanked once.
March 27, 2016 11:13:51am
[-]
I train a lot even now. But my rank doesn't move at all. I've played this game for almost 4 years. I used to take training from kray @ 10bills for 1k coins. That motivated me to win Hitdown. I quited taking training jobs and help newbies in training so that they won't quit. The newbies can neither PM or Chat unless they have badges. This can be good and bad at the same time. But i'll always miss the good old clan competition with clan mates.
The "Who'll get to 1trill exp first" competition even though there wouldn't be any prize. But now i think we have to give prize for "atleast" training 1 exp.
Rares are out of the equation. Most rares are NFT or hard to get or in the accounts of the frozen/banned users. Most of the shadows i collected were said to be worthless since the community hates the shadow pokes. I still try but get nowhere. There is no reason to train but still train cause i am gonna be in the top 3 in trainer rankings and pokemon rankings. I don't care if its tough or what so ever .

Lf bug type coloureds !
Thank this message
March 27, 2016 4:35:11pm (This post was last modified: March 27, 2016 4:38:08pm by BlueLink9001.)
[-]
RIP Pokemon Creed
To be entirely honest, This should've had some staff able to help out with the coding already, so it wasn't just all on Da Man's shoulders. Like, I get that he treats it as a Hobby rather than a passion, But generally you don't let Hobbies just die off and don't do anything with said Hobby for a year and a half or however long that update was ago. and even if they did update it at this point, The only people that would even SEE it are the people who get on it anymore anyways (Which is like what, 4, 12 people?) also for "Chat and RPs keeping Creed alive" I feel like it's more just "Chat" because there hasn't been much RP activity for awhile now (It's generally just Me and Shinxey at this point, and on slight occasions UmbreonRogue, But she stopped checking Creed. at least I think she did.) And with that, I'm off!

PS: Actually, doesn't he generally use "Exams" as a way of saying he's too busy with Creed? Because if that were the case, Either he has the longest exams known to mankind or they ended already, But then never really said anything about it... I like thinking it's the Former.

Whoopsy! I forgot I had to go to the washroom! You two have fun now!
*Jumps through nearest window and nails the landing*

Prepare for the makeover!

GLITTER FORCE MAKEOVER!!!

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

A force as strong as life itself! I'm Glitter Spring!

Okay now that THAT'S over with.
[you must login to view images] "Here we go."
[you must login to view images] <-That's pretty much a Midi made by Sans.
Thank this message
April 26, 2016 4:42:49am
[-]
I thought Creed would have gotten way more popular then it was when I joined,but now that i'm here I see that it has died down I wish I could go back to the old years (Even though my grammar and spelling was crap) but I still had fun playing with friends.

Thank this message
May 27, 2016 11:34:29pm
[-]
Dead game.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]

Thank this message
May 28, 2016 1:22:25am
[-]
creed needed active admin

Rip of adilkhan - #354744 account this my new id and Gym
adilkhan is back
Elite Four badge in 7Th try lucky day 1/10/2016 [you must login to view images]
Training limit 14T exp
5Coin Per Bill Exp in coin
20 billion per base shiny depend on shiny pokemon

My Top Friends Forever in Creed
1:- blackheartwarrior & Shadow adi & Epul
2:- GrimReaper & EliteBOY both tie
3:- brys18 & zapdos
4:- gambler123456789
5:- LittleE
6:- Arceusboy
7:- AnTiN
8:- batmanashhha
9:- yathinsrao

Click below to take a wish!
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,179 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]