Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Dratini's Deep Discussion < Cell Phones
Cell Phones
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Cell Phones
March 29, 2013 9:54:57pm
[-]
Cell Phones
I think cell phones have gotten WAY out of hand. I mean, everywhere you go, 9 times out of 10, the people around you have a cell phone. I think it's ridiculous and is spiraling out of control. Pretty much every month it seems like yet another new cell phone is out for sale. Everywhere I go, I see people hunched over those little screens, thumbing away, not even watching where they're going. You wonder why people are smacking into buildings and falling into holes. Cause they're so glued to their cell phone, they're not watching where they're going! I just find it so frustrating. Does anybody even take the time out of their, "busy" lives to look up at the sky anymore? To enjoy nature? Even read a PAPER book instead of a Nook? I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say, "Oh, I can't live without my phone!", and I think, "You don't know the meaning of life.". Granted, cell phones are useful, but you don't need to be on them 24/7. Who here agrees with me?

[you must login to view images]
~Latios Tamer~

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
March 29, 2013 10:13:50pm
[-]
me :/ i rarely even bring my cell phone out of my house truthfully, i mean, theres always facebook and oh, outside??

I'm a nub, don't judge me -.-
Thank this message
March 29, 2013 10:17:59pm
[-]
Well, at least you're not on yours all the time. It's just where I live, everybody is pretty much. All the time. And yes. Outside. It still exists, you know, Poke? :P But seriously...I just think people need to cut back on using them so much. That's all.

~Latios Tamer~

Thank this message
March 29, 2013 10:21:45pm
[-]
It's they're phone and they'll use it how they want to. If they want to waste time on they're phone totally up to them.

Thank this message
March 29, 2013 10:26:59pm
[-]
Hmm...True...

~Latios Tamer~

Thank this message
March 30, 2013 4:44:39am
[-]
I definitely agree. On one hand, I wonder if kids will become smarter if they're learning how to use technology at a young age (just saw a video of a kid who was probably like 3 and knew how to use an iPad). On the other, I worry about to what degree smart phones will lead to less human connection, moreso than they already have, and whether things like those Google glasses will invade peoples' privacy.
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 4:49:07am
[-]
How old are you people? Then I can classify what your talking about

I'm the Pokemonmask Don't mess with me

Favorite pokes

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 5:49:18am
[-]
I hate all these things people can do on a cell phone now days. My brother (still in grade school) doesn't know what its like to go do something with friends the way me and my parents even remember. When he goes to be with friends they sit together texting other people or doing different technology related things, where I remember actually starting a pick up soccer or baseball game in the streets. I remember going with friends on bikes to the other side of town just to hang out with girls or play any other things we could think of. But my brother doesn't seem to have that mentality like most of the newer generations do. Leading back to cell phones, if internet and games and texting were not availible then he would have so much fun in life and the U.S. would not have an obesity problem. Granted these things are useful (to the average ADULT for which they were meant, but even my older siblings are addicted to these things. I am glad to say I use my cell phone for less than 130 minutes a month and use a TRAC Phone. Not a smart phone.

Thank this message
March 30, 2013 8:42:23am
[-]
I have an aunt, everytime I see her, she's always on her Iphone,texting, on Facebook, doing something with it. Its like she can never leave it alone :P

[you must login to view images] Made by GrimReaper :)
[you must login to view images] Made by DarkMew :)
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 9:09:13am
[-]
I sold my phone a some time ago because i thought i didn't need it,but i really need one now... xD
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 2:00:40pm
[-]
I have a phone but, I have honestly never used it.

Don't see the point in sending random texts to others.
I would only use it if I were to actually make a useful call.
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 2:04:03pm
[-]
While cell phones are great if you're stuck in the middle of nowhere or in danger and such, I do agree that everyone being on them all the time is really getting out of hand. I've seen little kids with cell phones and I mean little as in 4-5 year olds. What could a child that young need to call people all day for? I've seen tons of people driving with no hands using a cell phone and steering with their knee! It's like they want to be even more impaired than a drunk driver.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 2:25:39pm
[-]
Technology is kinda like drugs -- addictive. But technology is supposed to be useful.

Thank this message
March 30, 2013 8:32:44pm
[-]
Well thats their choice to be idiots not watching where they're going.

Honestly, reputationn shows nothing for a player. You could have high reputation and be themost mean spririted person on creed or the otheer way around.
Thank this message
March 30, 2013 11:56:23pm
[-]
Thank you! At least some people agree with me. And it only proves my point about cell phones going out of control when little kids are using them all the time. I feel bad for them. That's one less thing in life that they won't get to look forward to after getting one at such a young age. And if any of you are wondering, I myself don't have a cell phone. And I don't want one until I really need it.

~Latios Tamer~

Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]