Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Dratini's Deep Discussion < China's One Child Policy
China's One Child Policy
Favorite Thread Post Reply
China's One Child Policy
January 27, 2013 12:57:36am
[-]
China is basiclly the oppisite of africe in africe the average children rate per family if like 5.4 while china is like 1 which is plain sad

[you must login to view images] Goals: 100 reps[ ]
5k Poke[x]
All types without glitter[ ]
Toxic[ ]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
January 27, 2013 2:31:53am
[-]
January 26, 2013 12:01:31pmPeAcE Wrote:  InfernapeX2 and 1Dogzilla, you are right. I am also against this law... That is why I also say that smoking should not be banned too Cause it is taking away a person's freedom... Nevertheless, the situation in China was( and currently is) really desperate... And also did you know that they often call their one chile " Little Emporer"

I agree, but tbh if i were charged with solving this problem, i wouldnt know what to change...
Thank this message
January 27, 2013 4:16:09am
[-]
Yes, their excuse is that it is overpopulated... But their are many ways of reducing population.:

-Education
-Growing more food
-Changing Traditional ways of farming and craftsmenship, which are often very slow..

[you must login to view images]

Take a wish, NOW!
Thank this message
January 27, 2013 4:17:17am
[-]
As much as this policy is awful it's only cause there population is massive and it keeps growing so :s

Thank this message
January 27, 2013 4:50:17am
[-]
is it true that they eat fetus...

I will break through the limits

thank to anarchy
Thank this message
January 27, 2013 5:11:58am
[-]
The thing is, it's not just a modern social and economical problem that China has on it's hands, it's a cultural problem. The region where the country is has always been home to the highest number of people in the world. Issues of scarcity weren't as much of a deal 2000 years ago when there were 50 million Chinese. But, nowadays when China contains 20% of the world's population, the situation becomes a much more devastating problem. Every nation and culture in the world experienced a massive growth spurt after industrializing, however, no other state had China's large population to begin with.

Compounding the issues of overpopulation are very minimal regulations regarding pollution and the fact that a majority of China consists of lower class families. As with the rest of the world, the lower class segment of the population will tend towards having much larger families (more children) than the middle and upper classes. While the One Child Policy is shortsighted, it was never intended to be a permanent solution. It's supposed to suppress and stabilize the population growth enough until China's economy is in a situation to create a strong middle class.

A strong middle class is the most effective method in combating issues of scarcity (which is the real problem here) in the long run. Whereas lower class households need to produce many more children in order to work on the farm (or factory, or wherever the family makes it's very meager wages), middle class families don't have that need. China's population will level off in the coming decades as it becomes a global economic superpower alongside the United States and is able to create a self-sustaining middle class. The USA, arguably the most industrialized nation in the world, has a birth rate of 2.06 children per set of parents. This means that for every two parents, they will produce two children to replace them. The extra .06 is there to account for infant mortality and early deaths due to unnatural causes.

The main issue with the One Child Policy, which no one has mentioned yet, is the overabundance of male bachelors which are destined to go unmarried. In Chinese culture, having a male heir to carry on the family name and/or business is of the utmost importance. Because many families are restricted to a single child, if a female is born first, there is a decent chance that the parents will kill her. This means that there exist about 35 million extra males for which there is no female counterpart. This shouldn't really be a problem if you expect the population growth to stabilize and level off in the near future (at birth, the ratio of males to females is about 1:1). However, as countless studies have shown, when there is a large segment of the population that consists of young, single, and unemployed males, there will be an appreciable increase in violent crimes in the region (assault, theft, murder, etc.). This is the main issue that China is going to struggle with in the next 20 to 50 years.

Click below to take a wish!

Thank this message
January 30, 2013 4:42:48pm
[-]
He has a point.^

Take a wish, NOW!
Thank this message
February 01, 2013 6:55:00am
[-]
that law is in effect since 1950's
becuz china was giving many benefits to children
like some money,medial expenses,free education
so the chinese people started having around 10-15 children so they can get money and that they can be rich
so the chinese government put the one child policy
if anyone has a 2nd child,they remove the benefits from both of the childs and there is also a penalty fee
put on the parent's salary
Thank this message
February 01, 2013 6:58:32am
[-]
and peace,if u are against this law
u should know the situation of our country pakistan now
go check in the urban areas
Thank this message
February 12, 2013 10:20:44pm
[-]
I am against this rule because china is big and it has a lot of population but do they work for themselves to strengthen their economy so this rule is not the solution the solution is we must work no matter how poor or many population in our country

Merry Christmas to all of you

This Pokemon is my dream:

create trade to me directly
[you must login to view links]
Thank this message
February 12, 2013 10:55:12pm
[-]
The policy makes sense, but it's changing real soon. Citizens are going to be allowed up to 2 children soon

^thanks harmony ^.^ decided to add it after I found it in my gmail
All hail the attacker cult!

Proud follower of Amathyst's great teachings

-I walk alongside Jeff to transcend the 3D realm
Thank this message
February 13, 2013 1:07:00pm
[-]
i agree with tyzor
there is going to be a big change soon
Thank this message
February 13, 2013 1:10:07pm
[-]
to be honest i also agree with da man that considering the population of china, that policy is fine .

:)
Thank this message
February 13, 2013 11:12:37pm
[-]
The policy is fine, :P
but my parents moved to America, so it didn't apply to us. if it did i wouldn't be here
Thank this message
February 14, 2013 1:45:03am
[-]
Omnoms, Were you originally from CHina?,
Also, Why can't china just let the parents have more children, that way the population could increase :)

^^ My Work

If you have any questions, pm me! :D
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]