Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Oddish's Off-Topic < Rants of A Teenaged Autistic Fangirl
Rants of A Teenaged Autistic Fangirl
Favorite Thread Post Reply
August 03, 2015 4:02:53pm (This post was last modified: August 03, 2015 4:17:34pm by UmbreonRogue.)
[-]
As a fanfiction writer (though I haven't been doing it as much), I enjoy writing multi-fandom stories, or crossovers, as much as the next person. But some of them are done terribly! In this episode, we'll discover the difference between a good crossover--and a bad one.

Aggravated teenaged autistic fangirl in area.

Do not disturb.

All flames will be used to defeat Ice-type Pokemon.

Episode V: When Worlds Collide (In A Bad Way)

In my opinion, I think the best crossovers are the ones that combine the universes in a creative way. Like this really good Harry Potter/Pokemon AU crossover series by Mr. Chaos. You have the magic and wands replaced by Pokeballs and Pokemon, but still captures the charm of the original HP series.

However, a lot of crossovers lack to come up with something better than the characters of one fandom fall through a portal into another for no apparent reason. Yeah, the portal approach is fine if you do it right. I did this for a MLP/Mixels crossover (with it going between Mixels Land and Equestria), which I intended to turn into a trilogy but never got to since my Nook broke. But there was actually going to be some hidden history of past interactions between both universes before a war with the main antagonist and his army of mind-controlled slaves. They had to banish his body and soul separately (though the conscious part of the latter escaped), and broke a key in two and a map in four, keeping one key part and two map pieces in Equestria and the rest in Mixels Land. Then they "permanently" severed their ties so the villain won't be revived (though that only lasted 1,090 years).

Yeah, I really thought it out.

Getting back on topic, there isn't a whole lot of "through the portal" crossovers that are that planned out, especially in Pokemon crossovers, where you only got the characters from the other universe going on a Pokemon journey.

Spoiler:
[you must login to view images]

(Well said, meme. Well said.)

I've been planning a MLP AU based on Sonic Unleashed, with Rainbow Dash as Sonic, an OC as Chip, etc. So I look at other Sonic/MLP crossovers as example. Apparently, people are using the crossover as an excuse to make shipfics of SonicxRainbow. ._.

What are your thoughts on bad crossovers? I love to hear your opinion!

I'll see you next episode! Or maybe in replying to your posts.

[you must login to view images] Thanks Oscah!
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] Thanks BlueLink9001! He made all three of those!
[you must login to view images] Thanks Shinxey!
[you must login to view images] Surprise!
[you must login to view images] Temmie intensifies...
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
August 03, 2015 7:07:46pm
[-]
Well i usually ignore crossover fanfics in general[cept for that Pokemon/AC Crossover you did, but that's a good one so...]. So I don't exactly have anything to say about bad crossover fanfics XD

Prepare for the makeover!

GLITTER FORCE MAKEOVER!!!

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

A force as strong as life itself! I'm Glitter Spring!

Okay now that THAT'S over with.
[you must login to view images] "Here we go."
[you must login to view images] <-That's pretty much a Midi made by Sans.
Thank this message
August 03, 2015 7:20:00pm
[-]
Which I understand. Everyone has their preferences!

[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images] Thanks BlueLink9001! He made all three of those!
Thank this message
August 03, 2015 9:27:44pm
[-]
I've made some pretty bad crossovers myself, but I at least try to come up with something, other than
"Well, I like [franchise 1] and [franchise 2], so that means they're now in the same world so there! *raspberry*"
Like when I made this one. We never got far into the RP before everyone quit, so I wasn't able to explain what happened, but I improved it with the next version.
Version 1: [you must login to view links]
Version 2: [you must login to view links]
It's all about trial and error.
But some Crossovers are pretty good. :P Right now, we're working on this one:
[you must login to view links]
But Blue won't let us leave the mansion to work on the gyms and stuff. xD (And man, I worked really hard on all the sprites for the RP. :L Made a crap ton of Nega Pokemon sprites, and even planned out the Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and champion, the villains, and all of their teams.)
Plus that one Sonic/Pokemon crossover you made was really fun. :D
Just too bad we never really got to finish it.

But then you got some crossovers that look like someone just vomited out all the series in existence, and they just don't make any sense whatsoever. Those kinda' suck. (That's putting it bluntly. Not trying to be rude.) They get so not fun very quickly, and a lot of people quit over that.

[you must login to view links] <---Best contest answer ever!
[you must login to view links] <---
[you must login to view links] <--- Dre iz big fan.
^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
^Shard. :3
^Made dat. :3
^I made that, too . :3
Thank this message
August 03, 2015 10:58:37pm
[-]
August 03, 2015 9:27:44pm[you must login to view links]
Version 2: [you must login to view links]
It's all about trial and error.
But some Crossovers are pretty good. :P Right now, we're working on this one:
But Blue won't let us leave the mansion to work on the gyms and stuff. xD (And man, I worked really hard on all the sprites for the RP. :L Made a crap ton of Nega Pokemon sprites, and even planned out the Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and champion, the villains, and all of their teams.)
Plus that one Sonic/Pokemon crossover you made was really fun. :D
Just too bad we never really got to finish it.

But then you got some crossovers that look like someone just vomited out all the series in existence, and they just don't make any sense whatsoever. Those kinda' suck. (That's putting it bluntly. Not trying to be rude.) They get so not fun very quickly, and a lot of people quit over that.

But you can't leave the mansion until you do all 1k rooms. :P

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

Thank this message
August 03, 2015 11:50:15pm
[-]
(Den lezz go. xD)
Oh, and thing:
Think LONG and hard about crossovers before you do 'em.

^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
Thank this message
August 04, 2015 2:55:14pm
[-]
@Blue: So many "Well, excuse me, princess!" phrases. XD

@Shinxey: True.

@All: I'm taking a day off from ranting. Don't worry, I got one coming up for tomorrow!

Thank this message
August 06, 2015 4:37:04am
[-]
Got any new rants for us today? XD

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

Thank this message
August 06, 2015 3:08:30pm (This post was last modified: August 06, 2015 3:51:55pm by UmbreonRogue.)
[-]
Sorry it took me longer than expected. But here's the next rant! I also probably won't be doing rants daily, anymore, so I can give my brain a rest. I still will be posting rants, though! :D

Today's topic doesn't necessarily relate to the fandoms themselves, but reactions to said fandoms. Unfortunately, everything can be victims to stereotypes, including fandoms. Such viewers of these stereotypes start flame the fans. Then they officially become the most dreaded enemy to fandoms...haters.

Aggravated teenaged autistic fangirl in area.

Do not disturb.

All flames will be sent back to the haters.

Episode VI: They See Me Fangirlin', They Hatin'

Okay, haters are getting a big problem with the MLP fandom.

I mean, yeah, I hate people who write those kinds of stories, too. But the anti-MLP people are basically starting to turn us into the stereotype of furries (which I will get to later).

One picture pretty much offended me very much. I won't post it since one poster was inappropriate (though not explicit), so I'll just describe it. It had a highly obese brony in a office chair, opening and closing his mouth in an offensively rapid way. The room is slightly dark, and there is a line of MLP toys on a shelf. A computer is on top of a nearby desk, and there are three posters, one of them the aforementioned inappropriate one.

Okay, really? I'm not saying that there's not a rare few who are like that, but there are people who actually have lives outside MLP. There are people who go to work and school, with hobbies such as writing (the right kind) and drawing (also the right kind), and overall the normal person.

I also did some research on the furry fandom, and not a whole lot seem to fit the stereotype (which meant Wikipedia was lying). They are actually a warm, welcoming community and friendly to everyone. Clearly not everyone has that attraction to that stuff, and one of the articles I read states it outright. They are just appreciative of furry art. Of course, they are human, so I'm not saying that they never had given in to the temptation. However, apparently haters assume that. If you told me you were a furry, I would be all chill and cool with it. However, telling your friend that you were one instantly turns them into an enemy.

Well, you know what? They're the same person as before they told their friend they were a furry! They never bullied them and was always there for them when they needed help! And yet their so-called "friend" is willing to turn their back on them just because they're a furry! THIS MAKES ME SO MAD I'M GONNA-

Spoiler:

Sorry about that. I kind of flew off the handle there.

So, my opinion towards all you haters (you know who you are)? DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST BEFORE YOU START FLAMING PEOPLE FOR BEING IN A FANDOM!

What do you think about haters? I love to hear your opinion!

I'll see you next episode! Or maybe in replying to your posts.

Thank this message
August 06, 2015 6:21:27pm
[-]
Okay yeah Haters are most of the time(If not ALL the time) Extremely stupid. ._. ESPECIALLY with the Sonic Fanbase, which is one of the main reasons why the Sonic IP isn't actually doing that great. Like, people constantly hate on Sonic because of Sonic '06, Sonic Boom, ect,ect. Yet the main haters are usually people who never liked the games to begin with. Like, I'm not a big fan of the Modern Sonic games, But I'm a fan of the Classic games and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Mainly because those were the only Sonic games I play. But anyways, people just crap on Sonic because of quite literally, a few poorly made games. Which are '06 and the Wii-U version of Sonic Boom. I mean, I'm not a fan of the Mario series because I find that it's the same thing every single time, But I have enough sense to be like "Okay there are people who like the Main Mario series, so I'm not gonna flame on it", and if someone asks WHY I hate the main games, I'll tell them that I find it the exact same as the original, only with some more power-ups sprinkled on. and I mean the 2D ones, the 3D ones at least try to be somewhat original. But another reason is because I hate the voice Mario was given. It sounds like nails on a chalk-board rather than someone that's actually supposed to be however old Mario is. But with allot of people, They think their opinion is the only one that matters. ._.

APPLY SHADES OF POWER!

GLITTER BOOTS!!!
GLITTER GAUNTLETS!!
HYAH!!!

Thank this message
August 06, 2015 7:01:43pm
[-]
Yeah. It either ends up with flames or, less commonly, trolling.

Thank this message
August 06, 2015 9:35:53pm (This post was last modified: August 06, 2015 11:20:42pm by Shinxey.)
[-]
(OMG Blue. xD Mario with a voice like nails on a chalkboard. )
Oh and adding on a bit to what Blue said. They hate on Sonic for OTHER stupid reasons. ._. There are some 'rabid fans' that just find fault in literally ANY part of the franchise and start spewing hate. Plus then you got some of the lesser rabid ones that are only interested in Classic Sonic, and anything NOT Classic is apparently awful, evil, and terrible. I kid you not, the MAIN reason the majority of those type of 'fans' hate Modern is because.....wait for it......HE HAS GREEN EYES. :L And they hate Boom for a very similar reason. Wanna hear it? .......He has blue arms.
I can hear you laughing, and let me tell you this: I'm dead serious. :L {SPOILERZ AHEAD!} I never tried the Wii-U version of Sonic Boom, but I did play the 3DS version. Imo, it was kinda' 'meh', but the cutscenes were farking funny. The reasons I didn't much care for it was because the 'boss battles' weren't really boss battles (I'll explain in a sec.), and the levels are soooo farking loooong. Going fast, not going after Crystal Shards or Blueprint Pieces? 10-15 minutes. And normal boss battles in the other games are where you actually FIGHT the opponent. :L In this version, you go against Sticks, Shadow, and Metal Sonic. But instead of fighting any of the three, you just...race them. :L That was kinda' boring. And then the final battle against Lyric was an actual battle, but it was as easy as a first boss of a game. :L So that's why I didn't much care for it.
*talking to one of the nutty fans* So why do you hate SB?
Nutty Fan: HE HAS BLUE ARMS! D:< DEATH TO SEGA!!!!!
(I actually saw someone comment that on a Sonic-related FB page. ._.)
And then there's nutjobs like the one I mentioned above who say things like: "Sonic is dead", "death to SEGA", "SEGA is dead", etc because of Boom. ._.
Hey, trial and error here people! At least they're actually TRYING to come up with new stuff, instead of what Nintendo does with Mario.
(Nintendo: Oh, here's [xyz Mario game]. LET'S MAKE IN IN 3DS, and add a new power-up! 8D)
^Yet everybody eats that up like popcorn at the movies. :L
And yeah, '06 was pretty bad, but I think that's partially because Microsoft got involved with the making of the game. They screw EVERYTHING up. :L And '06 is part of the reason why everyone hates Silver. :L He's not a bad guy, but they hate him because 1.) He tried killing Sonic (addition in a sec), and the bigger piece: 2.) He was in '06. :L
(Click for addition: v)

Spoiler:
And actually, Silver's not bad. If you actually PAYED ATTENTION, he didn't actually WANT to kill Sonic. :L He even asks Blaze: "Is it right to kill someone, just to save the world?"
Plus when he found out that he was lied to, he went to make it right.
What part of that sounds 'evil', to you? :L
Plus, more spoilers,
In the comics, he's part of the Freedom Fighters. THEY most definitely aren't evil. :L
And in SUv #41-44, he joined the Secret Freedom Fighters to help Elias get the throne back. (Although he joined to save the Sonic's time period and his own future.) (Psst. Naugus is the real evil dude here. >:L)

So before you start hating on something, you should know the FULL story. And DON'T hate on a franchise for dumb reasons like a character's eye color. Oh, and P.S. Boom isn't even canon. SEGA themselves even said MULTIPLE times that Boom is a spinoff, and had no bearing on the main series whatsoever. So grow up.

^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
Thank this message
August 06, 2015 11:20:08pm
[-]
Personally, I disliked the new designs, though it isn't something minor like Sonic's arms. It is that the change was so drastic to my autistic mind that I thought "This isn't the Sonic I grew up knowing and loving!" (And no, it wasn't Classic, either.) I just couldn't accept the change in appearance, and gladly accepted the fact that it wasn't canon to the mainstream series.

But I think I would like Sonic Boom, since it was focused more on exploration than speed. I definitely prefer the former, along with combat (which was why I really enjoyed the night stages of Unleashed, along with the fact I thought Sonic the Werehog looked really awesome).

And besides, I could already tell it can make me laugh when I cracked up at these two lines in an Alpharad video:
Sonic: There's no time like the present.
Knuckles: Wait, there are presents?

So yeah, the only issue with me in Sonic Boom was the design.

Plus, people are bashing my favorite Sonic game just because how slow the night stages are. Okay, fine, Sonic's Werehog form isn't that fast. But what about how fun it is? For me, the fun lied in basically punching and clawing enemies. Which is a whole lot more satisfying than using a Home Attack on a standard robot and there. You're done. People are so used to just bolting by robots they can't stand stopping and wiping out enemies.

So yeah, there's my (long) two cents.

Thank this message
August 06, 2015 11:34:51pm (This post was last modified: August 06, 2015 11:36:51pm by Shinxey.)
[-]
tbh I grew up with Modern Sonic, so at first I didn't have much to do with Classic Sonic, so I guess that could be part of my thing, too. But I like Classic and Modern the same. :3
But yeah, people are hating on the games. And want to know something ironic? Everyone complains about the gameplay for Sonic and the Secret Rings (Awesome game, BTW.), right? It's almost the same as the gameplay for Sonic Adventure 2. xD And EVERYONE LOVES SA2.
And again, about Boom. Honestly, I didn't much care for Knuckles' redesign (still don't. xD), but the other three's designs aren't so bad. Tails' redesign is actually pretty fitting. :P And all three parts of the series are funny, so I don't get why you can't just look past the non-canon redesigns and enjoy the humor. And Boom was actually made for a younger audience, so... (Yet people don't crap all over AoStH, even though THAT was ALSO made for a younger audience. ._.)
But yeah.

Game cutscenes: Funny ("'Dirty work'? You mean like doing laundry, cleaning rain gutters, and slopping the hogs?" ~Sticks
"Doing laundry? Cleaning rain gutters? Does Lyric's evil know no limits!?" ~Knuckles)

Comics: Also funny. Only read two of the Boom ones so far, but they're pretty good. xD (A LOT of 4th wall breaking.) ("Did you just say my name in a logo?" ~Sticks
"Yeah, it's a first issue thing. We'll go back to normal lettering next month." ~Sonic)

Show: DEAD OF LAUGHTER. ("It's my civic duty!" ~Knuckles
Sonic: *stifling laughter*
"Oh grow up Sonic." ~Knuckles
*a few seconds later*
Knuckles: *giggling about what he said*)
(Lol he told Sonic to grow up. xD)

So I mean, what's not to like there? xD
So THIS is what I gotta say to the haters:
(^BTW, I made that from an AoStH ep. :3)

^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
Thank this message
August 07, 2015 12:11:25am
[-]
Yeah. Please don't get me started on the reaction to Gen IV of Pokemon. >_<

Back on topic before that out-of-place comment, it seems in the Sonic fandom the Modern era players have more sense than the Classic era players. Which is saying a lot.

Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,178 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]