Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - General Discussions < Level Crisis - Opinions/Help Needed - Idea
Level Crisis - Opinions/Help Needed - Idea
Favorite Thread Post Reply
February 18, 2014 3:11:55pm (This post was last modified: February 20, 2014 12:10:43pm by Da Man.)
[-]
Dear Fellow Players,

There is a level crisis in Pokemon Creed.

What is the level crisis? It is where a level 1,000 Pokemon is becoming less and less valuable. Soon, a level 5,000 pokemon will be less valuable. This is because trainers are getting higher and higher level Pokemon and it becomes easier for them to train level 1,000 Pokemon in a matter of minutes.

The solution?
Read all of it to get the best idea. Not most of it, all of it. Only takes a few minutes.
This idea comes from the game "Call of Duty" or "Arcanists" if you have played it. I am sure many other games have a similar system.
I have one solution, which is prestiging and adding level caps.
The level cap would be 25,000. When reaching level 25,000. A player has a choice of leaving that Pokemon at level 25,000 (it won't gain any EXP anymore and can't go over level 25,000) or prestiging it.
When prestiging the Pokemon, the Pokemon will be reduced to level 10.
Prestiging means resetting your Pokemon's level to 10 but then moving your Pokemon to the next prestige.

Each Pokemon starts at 0th Prestige. If it prestiges 5 times, the Pokemon will be displayed as Lugia (5) - Level: 8320 instead of Lugia - Level: 8320.

There will be rewards, such as certain NPCs will only fight Pokemon with a prestige of 10 or higher. Or certain moves can only be learned by Pokemon with a minimum prestige.

E.g. Toxic can only be learned by Pokemon who have prestiged at least once.

Rankings will update. It will sort by the highest prestige, then the highest level.

When trading, their prestige is indicated by a bracket.
E.g. an 8th prestige Lugia who has had their level reset 8 times would be Lugia (8) - Level: 1351.

Some special moves (e.g. Transform) or items might require a certain prestige before a Pokemon can use it. Making prestiging rewarding.

Perhaps, a Pokemon can have its name glow or have special effects applied to it when it is 20th prestige or higher.

The reason I have thought of this is because I was thinking of having level caps completely removed and to make the game more stable.

Benefits are level trading caps will be gone.
Trainer Levels will not have a level cap.

This won't get rid of training services either. It will be very difficult to get a level 25k or reach the 25k level cap.

Prestiging will be very very very difficult as reaching the level 25,000 will be difficult if the level cap itself is 25,000, since it means there won't be any level 50,000 Pokemon training your prestiged Pokemon to level 25,000.

That's just one solution.

I think I may have exaggerated this topic calling it level crisis; I don't play the game much but I code it, so I don't know if this is a problem. So this is why I need your opinions.

Highly ranked players with high level Pokemon already exceeding 25,000 will not lose out as it will be converted to high prestiged pokemon, e.g. prestige 5 level 251. This is great compensation as it will be VERY difficult to get to level 25,000 once this gets implemented, and a level 1,000's value will be the same constantly.

There will be compensation to the trainers with Pokemon effected by this updated if it comes true.

FEEDBACK please? Do NOT listen to what other users think, this is about what YOU think.
Your feedback will not really help if another user tells you what they think and you just copy their opinions exactly.

Should it be implemented? Or is the level crisis not as significant as I thought it was?

Or, is there another solution? Perhaps changing the level formula?

Bonuses to keep it rewarding so high level/prestige trainers will not lose out at all!
* Higher prestige Pokemon will be gaining more clan credits. e.g. Prestige 1 = 2x more clan credits, prestige 2 = 3x more clan credits, prestige 3 = 4x more clan credits.
* Access to more NPCs.
* Access to more maps.
* Example: Items such as "Rare Leftovers", a better version of Leftovers, can only be used by Prestige 2 or higher Pokemon.
* Example: The move "Toxic" will be restricted to Pokemon with a prestige 1 or higher.
* Makes the game more challenging.

Since Pokemon with a level of over 25,000 will not exist anymore, it will be an even more of a challenge to go to level 25,000 as prestiging will be very very rewarding and valuable.

Thanks.

--
Below is a list of my replies:

February 18, 2014 3:26:02pmmikehappy Wrote:  If either of these things happen, you won't have a problem with high level pokemon anyways because people will quit if you take any levels away that they worked hard for. The solution is to simply keep things the way they are and taking away levels or changing exp is wrong. Every trainer who trains for prizes on a daily basis will be the ones losing out if either of these 'solutions' happen and since they're the most active people, if they get stuff taken away, it will destroy the game.

People who work hard to get a level 2,000 Pokemon only to find it is worth less will be the ones who are mad if this prestige system is not implemented.

There are ONLY about 30 Pokemon that are level 25,000 or higher. So it won't affect many people. To add, they will be compensated by prestiges and other stuff.

Prestiging will add a new element to the game and remove trade caps. It will make level 1,000s worth something and make the game unique.

Besides, reaching the level cap itself (25,000) will be harder due to the level caps; and so very few Pokemon will be prestiged.

OTHER ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS:
SOL'N #1: Similar to the gym system currently in place, add maximum level allowed to Mysterious Trainer, Zapmolcuno & Battle Towers.
SOL'N #2: Set a level EXP cap (e.g. level 100,000) when defeating NPCs. There will be no EXP cap when battling other players.
SOL'N #3: Add a level cap but don't have the feature of prestiging. EXP will still be gained.

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
February 18, 2014 3:21:17pm
[-]
i personally think that the idea should be implemented , so that it gives a whole new excitement to the whole training thing , and the levels like 1000 dont become worthless . but isnt level 25,000 for 1 prestige too high? i mean you can place it a bit low to a level like 15000-18000.

:)
Thank this message
February 18, 2014 3:24:55pm
[-]
February 18, 2014 3:21:17pmnightmaredragon Wrote:  i personally think that the idea should be implemented , so that it gives a whole new excitement to the whole training thing , and the levels like 1000 dont become worthless . but isnt level 25,000 for 1 prestige too high? i mean you can place it a bit low to a level like 15000-18000.

Level 25,000 is an excellent number as it would make prestiging extremely difficult.

A 1st or 2nd prestige Pokemon would become extremely valuable.

I could make prestiged pokemon untradable. Not sure though.

If I lower the level of prestiging, it may be restricting. I think 25,000 is a nice balance, but it might be too high.

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
February 18, 2014 3:26:02pm
[-]
If either of these things happen, you won't have a problem with high level pokemon anyways because people will quit if you take any levels away that they worked hard for. The solution is to simply keep things the way they are and taking away levels or changing exp is wrong. Every trainer who trains for prizes on a daily basis will be the ones losing out if either of these 'solutions' happen and since they're the most active people, if they get stuff taken away, it will destroy the game.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
February 18, 2014 3:26:56pm (This post was last modified: February 18, 2014 3:57:08pm by Tman10061.)
[-]
I thought about whether this would be good or not for a while and after looking at the Pokemon Rankings I think it would be a pretty good idea, but maybe you could drop the cap to 15 or 20 thousand. 9.5/10

[you must login to view links] < Come check it out
Thank this message
February 18, 2014 3:28:32pm
[-]
well i'm not a high level trainer but i think that ur choice is right because then the gap between high level trainer and moderate trainers will decrease for the tl
Thank this message
February 18, 2014 3:30:52pm (This post was last modified: February 18, 2014 3:38:53pm by Dualot.)
[-]
Re-Introduce Blissey Gyms instead of the level multipliers you use in the game(e.g. Mysterious trainer's mew is like 10x the highest level in your team).

Blissey gyms will allow other members to make gyms.
Making it more difficult to level up, instead of now it's roughly about the same to level up.
Thank this message
February 18, 2014 3:32:54pm
[-]
Well Nice idea and really agreed,idc what others says but i m truely loving it
Well My idea wud be a Roll Out Every Year/month
Like Ppl will train their poke as much as they can and at the end of the year/month there will be roll out and it will take everyones poke to back Lvl5
so then they will start training again with it..
and this will provoke ppl to train their own poke and each lvl will be precious...there will be a record calender of each player on their public profile so ppl can see who did how much..
Just in case who did more Their Trainer Lvl wont be back to 0 it will keep increasing ever n ever..

Rox
Thank this message
February 18, 2014 3:34:33pm
[-]
i think the way the game going is smoothly adding this would mess up rates and ppl have worked soo hard to get wht they have and by adding this it will ruin it and adding blissey gym will be like copying a rpg i know and out of all the rpgs ive played creed was the best so dont do it :)

[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
February 18, 2014 3:41:44pm
[-]
The fact is that most people play browser pokemon games because of the lowered restrictions. Any new trainer who wants to get that high level pokemon that they can't get on, lets say, pokemon ds games will find out there's a cap and then they'll have to reset so what's the point of trying in the first place. If it were you and you did 2-3 years of work supporting a game and it just totally changed like that and you lost all your levels, would you still play?

Thank this message
February 18, 2014 3:43:41pm (This post was last modified: February 18, 2014 3:44:24pm by Cyprum.)
[-]
February 18, 2014 3:34:33pmkrash Wrote:  i think the way the game going is smoothly adding this would mess up rates and ppl have worked soo hard to get wht they have and by adding this it will ruin it and adding blissey gym will be like copying a rpg i know and out of all the rpgs ive played creed was the best so dont do it :)

Smootly? OBJECTION!!!!
did u even read the Thread its says Like a training do make a 1k by himselfs with hardworks in 3-4days the other can just pay 30-50c coins to get a lvl1k so it just demorolise the trainer to train and the trainer just pay pay pay..
Take a example of me.. I used to train my own ... i did made a 11k by my own and after a few months of my leave i found 11k is a waste now as ppl can pay just around 50k which they can get easily from gambling and get a 11k..so i stop training my poke and started collecting or gambling and then i made up to enough to pay and get a 30k which is hard for players to make up their own..I got it in 1 month while players spending a year n over to get a 30k now..

Long back a 1k was really hard to get like today is 30k
so its not far away for making a 30k worthless and this is what the game will be worthless for the players who joined later..

This idea will help the training rates go back to top too..

and about blissey Gym theres no copying or thingy...Ppl have copied alot of stuff from Creed even those games which are pretty famous..

Rox
Thank this message This post was thanked once.
February 18, 2014 3:46:16pm
[-]
February 18, 2014 3:41:44pmmikehappy Wrote:  The fact is that most people play browser pokemon games because of the lowered restrictions. Any new trainer who wants to get that high level pokemon that they can't get on, lets say, pokemon ds games will find out there's a cap and then they'll have to reset so what's the point of trying in the first place. If it were you and you did 2-3 years of work supporting a game and it just totally changed like that and you lost all your levels, would you still play?

But with Da Man's idea, you're not losing any levels, it's just basically in a contracted form(prestige).

@krash, Creed started off with blissey gyms but then changed to the current training system.
Thank this message
February 18, 2014 3:50:14pm
[-]
February 18, 2014 3:41:44pmmikehappy Wrote:  The fact is that most people play browser pokemon games because of the lowered restrictions. Any new trainer who wants to get that high level pokemon that they can't get on, lets say, pokemon ds games will find out there's a cap and then they'll have to reset so what's the point of trying in the first place. If it were you and you did 2-3 years of work supporting a game and it just totally changed like that and you lost all your levels, would you still play?

Well There will be prestige..It will show ppl how hard u worked on it and so ppl will train by themselfs
It wont demorolise but encourage..

Rox
Thank this message
February 18, 2014 3:54:13pm (This post was last modified: February 18, 2014 4:02:06pm by blackheartwarrior.)
[-]
Well if people aren't losing anything and are being compensated this seems like an exciting and innovative idea , Moreover this is something new and as your prestige is increased your Rewards get better the only drawback is training to level 25k would be a real pain.

^^ Thanks Hiromi Ai

^^ Thanks Hiromi Ai
Thank this message
February 18, 2014 4:03:31pm
[-]
Yes I think this needs to be inplemented there's too many high lvl pokemon there too high when I was knew I paid 1000 coins for a lvl 1k that was when the game was the most fun but I do not agree with the only prestige lvl 1's get toxic because then I spent 4500 coins in nothing also everybody will prestige as they can't train because they need to use their pokemon with toxic and boom were back into old times it would be hard but great

Congratulations. You've successfully overtaken RichKidDre's throne!
Congratulations. You've successfully overtaken rarol212's throne!
Congratulations. You've successfully overtaken bennychan1999's throne!
Congratulations. You've successfully overtaken ShinyOddish's throne!
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,181 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]